ITT your dream job

ITT your dream job,
and the step you're taking toward achieving that goal.
unironically pilot but probably going to be working in a french bank as a quant.

I wanna fly high up the sky ,i wanna feel the angels, i wanna leave this degen filled ground and leave normals behind even for only 3h.

Attached: 1521507080614.png (922x1200, 1.27M)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyderauto.com
youtube.com/watch?v=xd0I1xAICOc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Computer engineer/robotics engineer. I work in the cable network industry as a designer. Going back to college soon. Feels good.

My dream job is to become an Indiana Jones esque explorer. Unfortunately, by the time I get out of college the world will have been entirely explored, or be too fucked to have anything worth exploring.
I decided to pursue medicine instead, I have been accepted to med school through an early assurance program.

Part of me wishes the civilized world just got wiped out by nuclear war so there would be things left to discover or rediscover.

>Studying medicine. 28 years old now.
>Dream is to be a sheep farmer / cattle rancher.
>Probably will transition to farming in my mid 40s.

I want to be an illustrator or graphic designer of some kind. Also I want to be freelancer for sure.
I'm drawing everyday and have 50 pinterest boards for inspiration, and I'm going to art uni next year (I finished hs few days ago, but I have to make some money for uni first). Anyway I know art is a meme degree, but I enjoy it so far. If it won't work out after uni I will work in mcdonalds for the rest of my life I guess.

Police Officer.

Ain't ever gonna happen, but it was a good dream while it lasted.

I want to get paid to post here. I've already been doing it for free

JN said he got a couple hundred a month for posting here but it looks like he quit

To me it's less about the job specifically and more about the conditions.

I want a job where I can sit down at work. Not all day because sedentary jobs are unhealthy, but I hate the feeling of coming home with sore feet every day because I wasn't able to sit down once in the whole day. Something indoors where the temperature is controlled. Not a lot of excessive interaction like working in a call center. Some is okay, but when it's all you do it becomes soul crushing. Keep physical labor to a minimum. Basically, I want to be comfortable in my workplace environment.

The pay doesn't have to be amazing, but of course more is better. At least I would need enough to live comfortably while also saving at least 10% of my income and still having some left over. Good health and dental benefits ideally, but if I make decent money I can afford to pay for those myself anyway. I like the idea of being a professional. That is, self-directed, self-employed, self-accountable, not working for some huge corporate entity. The way that people like doctors, lawyers, and therapists are. With a decent amount of time off, more than the typical 2 weeks yearly vacation that so many people in the US are subject to. Basically, I want to be able to afford a comfortable existence outside of work.

These goals aren't achievable for an unskilled worker. I've tried. It's hell and you're broke. So I went back to school and I'm using the work ethic that I've honed together with the motivation to never go back to retail hell. It gives me a little bit of an edge over most of the other students, even though I feel slower mentally than I used to and I've forgotten a lot of what I learned in school before. Especially math, which has taken most STEM jobs off the table. I'm moving forward in the subject of biology right now and seeing how far I can take it.

I guess working as a doctor would be my dream job. I'll probably compromise and stop halfway.

There is no dream job anymore. Everything is unrealistic unless it is in demand and you are smart/have connections. I will die a wageslave or unemplyed homeless.

I want to be a fashion designer and express my creativity, emotions and vibes to the world. Hopefully I can do something along these lines or anything that lets me express myself.

Yea same here except I will never afford going to school. I just wait for nothing really. I don't know when I will have the courage to kill myself but it will be soon. Life is meaningless and I have no future.

Some kind of scientist. Doing a degree in biochemistry and I'm doing an internship at a genetics company in the summer

Hence why it's called a "dream job". Doesn't have to be realistic.

Hitler

posting on Jow Forums about jews a lot

Why not? It isn't exactly a difficult job to get.

Join the military, police departments love hiring vets. If you don't want to make that commitment get into corrections. It's a shitty job but the high turnover means they're always looking for fresh meat. Stick it out for a couple years then start applying to police departments. They love COs. Get a job as a security guard somewhere. Learn about use of force and practice using a firearm. Show a proactive interest. Hell, get a CDL and drive a truck for a while. They'll be less reluctant to give you a patrol car if you have a good track record driving around in someone's big rig full of merchandise.

Every state, city, and town needs police officers.

Why even think about it then and torture yourself more?

Lighthouse operator.

I can't do anything to obtain this, but dear god I wish I could. Fuck.

>torture yourself
Oh shut the fuck up you big baby. "Torture", are you gonna cry about it?

I'm 30. At 20, I was diagnosed with epilepsy. I had to derail my plans of becoming a police officer at the time. I'm not eligible for the military due to the epilepsy. I currently work in federal corrections, but I'm looking at getting another job with the feds outside of law enforcement. I'm getting too old and I'm starting to have too many years vested with the feds. To leave and become a police officer might not be worth it. At best I can hope for a special agent, but I'd need to do some intense exercise and actually finish my degree.

If you're older than 24 you're considered financially independent for purposes of financial aid. Broke asses like you and I receive the full amount of federal grant money. It covers all your tuition and fees. They want you to learn, an educated population is more valuable. People with valuable skills earn more money, buy more shit, pay more taxes. It's beneficial to everyone. Even if you have to take student loans like me, your increase in lifetime earnings make up for it many times over. $50k in debt sounds like a lot but it's more manageable when you're earning an actual salary. Especially since you'll statistically earn a million dollars more over time compared to someone without a degree.

Depending on how long you've been there it might be worth it to stay until you earn a pension. It's a tough job but with a little seniority you should be able to find a more comfortable position there right?

>big baby
I'm sure you are some collegefag

Yeah, I'm already at the point where I can get somewhere semi-decent. It's just stagnating. I'm not looking at a promotion anytime soon due to the Trump Administration so I'm thinking about jumping ship to another agency. I'd have to work longer for my pension, but I might be getting paid much more money much more quickly.

I'm not in the US user. I live in third world.

I'd like to be self employed making custom aftermarket car parts for people, kind of like this company:
spyderauto.com

Problem is while I know how to design and 3d model the parts, I don't know how to find a manufacturer to make them

I want a job where I can move around as I please. If I want to go to lunch early I can, and I can go wherever for lunch too. I could walk around the city for a few hours and take time off but still be working somehow. The only jobs that sorta match this are like mobile locksmith or private investigator.
I currently work in a mill and I do fuck all, I only have to get up once an hour to fill the machine and I'm the only person in the building plus full benefits and 401k making 20/hr but I absolutely hate it. I sleep so much here I hardly sleep at home.

>ITT your dream job,
Doing nothing.
>and the step you're taking toward achieving that goal.
Doing nothing.

>I want to be a movie hero
>unfortunately those jobs are gonna be gone in 4 years

Wow, a literal goddamn retard. Did you dress yourself today?

Some kind of counceling job where I also get to travel a lot.

The closest I found was working as a deacon for internation sub-groups of the church, so I might pull the thumb out of ym ass and resume my plan to become just that.

I need some major changes in my life, this could be it.

Attached: 1416117503642.jpg (1000x750, 246K)

Most of the worlds lighthouses are automated and ships have GPS now

>Private investigator (Unlikely);
>Some kind of scientist that investigates unkown places/cultures/people (Nearly Impossible);
>High-Seas Fisherman (Improbably since I don't have connections and I am not working in this direction);
>Child warrior in the Middle East (Impossible);
>Cave explorer (Highly improbable);
>Hitman (Surprisingly Possible);
>Portuguese Explorer during the 1400-1600 (Obviously impossible);
>Anonymous writer (I've been kinda doing this for some time but I don't earn significant money -- And I am not completely anonymous, I use a pseudonym);
>Music teacher with a small number of students in very small community (Possible but will never happen).
Quoting myself, you wankers.

I want to be out in the field and do pratical things and I also want challenges, both physical and intellectual. I don't want to be widely known. I want to be recognized only by the few people that actually cares about the things I do. I don't want to live in a permanent place. I don't want to be easily accessible. I don't want to talk with a lot people.

I will probably never achieve the things I really want. I am doing applied math and everything is pushing me to get a quant job. I will be applying to become a firefighter this year to try to escape my fate a little. More than having a job, when I get a bit older, I want to have a nice family and spend a lot of time with my kids.

Pro Wrestler
And if I can't gain enough mass for it within the next few years then I'll probably go to flight school and try becoming a commercial pilot

Not sure. I'm turning 25 in August and completing my second bachelor's degree not long afterward.

Still can't quite put a finger on what I'd like to do in the long-term. There are so many different fields and professions that seem so interesting to me. What I think I'll do is take the GRE and apply for graduate programs in international development and anthropology.

I've been doing lots of LSAT practice questions for fun, too. I may end up taking that exam after studying a while just to see whether I'd be a modestly competitive law school applicant.

Not very interested in earning well versus being able to improve my community in some small way or another. I'd rather do research and take home enough of a salary to be modestly comfortable than buying sports cars or whatever the fuck else. However, I definitely want to get an advanced degree so I have more options to work in administration or a specialty which allows me more lee-way than being a traditional wage-slave.

Probably night shift security guard of a large complex out in the woods. it'd be fun to make rounds in an empty complex or something. Night shelf stocking if I could live off doing that.

Software Engineer.

I am a software developer, just wish I was at a better company.

Work for private defense contractor.
Already know how to shoot, so that isn't a big worry. Just need to train a shit and demonstrate that I know what I'm doing to the hiring contractor

The idiot should've just said Pioneer..

> so there would be things left to discover or rediscover
Literally the sea, who knows what lurks down there

don't be so rude user, who hurt you

I don't really have a specific dream job. what I'm aiming for is something interesting which gives enough money to provide for a wife and a big family but relaxed enough that I get to spend time with them, be a loving husband and raise my children well. I'm going to university for mechanical engineering or civil engineering

I wish I'd let myself have real dreams but I'm scared if I do I will get distracted and end up alone, I've already lost 1 year of my life as a miserable neet and made 0 progress on social skills , because of stupid dreams of going to art school and being an artist or an architect one day.
I wish life was like anime, or that I could return to some checkpoint earlier in my life and do it differently

There's a surprising amount of unknown left. Take the field of biology for example, there are still huge advances waiting to be made in neuroscience and genetics. Modern science really isn't that old, things like DNA and natural selection were only discovered in the mid 1800s. Aerospace engineering only just became a thing a century ago. Computer science is even more recent. There's a lot to discover and a lot of advancements to be made both in natural science and engineering.

>ywn be a early 19th century British anthropologist sent out by the crown to lean about the oonga boonga tribe

Have you ever watched this documentary?
youtube.com/watch?v=xd0I1xAICOc
I would kill to live something like this.

you hire/go into business with a manufacturing engineer

Don't have a dream job. I unironically hate everything.

I want to make vidya
I've made 2 games so far, but I'm not very proud of them

My dream job is being a NEET.

tell us a bit more more, I also tried to make games for a while but failed hard

when I first started programming a few years ago, I made a shitty text based adventure game, last year I made an arcade style game kind of like asteroids, no one played it though

i wanted to be a teacher and am working as a tutor right now at a middle school but I'm kind of getting burnt out. i want to make music and draw comix but have a day job to support all of that that doesn't creep into my free time for that stuff. next year I'm planning on finding a part time gig and taking some classes to refresh my undergrad education (i majored in physics and math)

i guess ideally I'd be like some sort of maintenance position for some scientific equipment. something that lets me get close to the interesting stuff but without being totally into it. or still education, as long as it's part time i guess. idk

I want to drive big rigs like my father everyone tries to shit on me for my dream and talk about the money I don't care I just want a big soda some gas station food and my right on the open road. I'm saving up for my CDL class A and a rig cheapest one will run me 17,000 minus the taxes and add ons

i want to be a video game designer.
Right now im drawing cubes for 3 hours everyday. not really interested in landing that dream job. I just wanna git gud at drawing.

do you have more plans? I had plenty of ideas but failed everysingle time and never completed anything. My last try was a visual novel, I wrote the story and the engine but the guy that was behind the art and illustrations killed himself and the guy that would make the background music disappeared. Vidya creation is hard business

You're a retard who should be working in retail.

>Don't have a dream job. I unironically hate everything.
This.

>wanna git gud
Kill yourself dumb fuck, no one wants people like you.

Immortality research
Doing an internship in that shit and have a phd lined up for it starting in fall.

>Software Engineer.
>I am a software developer, just wish I was at a better company.

Hello, user
>Soon I will finish high school and I want to study software engineering
Could you advise me?

What bank op? I want to get into S&T but fear that I have to learn quantitative finance now that crypto trading is going to be a thing and how finance is going to be tech oriented now

>i am notto mad scientist
>is not cool
>sonnoabitch

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

seems to be the sentiment that every fucking dev not working at FANG has

autism out code, if you're serious about it, going to a top 20 for csfaggotry is absolutely worth it.
the difference in quality and opportunities between a top cs uni and lower tier ones are higher than every other undergrad major out there

>ITT your dream job,
Win the lottery because fuck working

>the step you're taking toward achieving that goal.
Buying lottery tickets, repeat until desired goal is achieved, or running out of money to buy lottery tickets, or death.

Attached: 748998.png (924x540, 1.2M)

There's always mercenary work or legit military. You can probably remake the Last Crusade in Syria right now, except with pickup trucks instead of tanks.

Attached: indiana-jones-last-crusade-tank[1].jpg (844x358, 72K)