What ruined you?

What ruined you?

For me it was most certainly my father. He was an absuive mallicious cunt. I have nothing else to say about him.
Here's what happend:
>2001, underachiever, media arts student
>fairly normal, give me a ciggarete and a beer and im happy
>dad was always critical of me, always comparing me to my siblings who were doing better
>always the blacksheep, always the worst
>he'd insult me on a daily basis, embarass me and denounce me as his son, calling me " baggage" that he cannot get rid of
>one day he revealed that i was never planned and that the pregnancy was merely a mistake born from a drunk night
>this really hit me hard
>i soon dropped out of college and started working
>in turn he wasn't happy again
>he'd take most of my money and eventually force me to work two jobs
>my social life fell apart
>i turned to drinking and smoking
>one day i came home drunk
>he again was yelling and threatening me as per usual
>get fed up and punch him in his chin
>he fell over and i fell over from being drunk
>wake up in a police car
>slept in the station
>next day i got out
>got told to pack myself and leave, mum told me she'd call me when things settle down
>i move out and work my job at a retail store day after day
>i'm still waiting for the phonecall 15 years after

I haven't seen my parents ever since. I contacted my siblings and talked to them a couple of times but things changed. I am not the same and neither are they.
And i finally understand, i meant nothing to my parents.

If getting out of that situation ruined you, I don't see how. That implies your life got worse. Looks like it got a whole lot better.

going to a different school. it fucked me up in many ways that I still can feel today.

>No father
>Mother that didn't try
>Family in constant arguments
>Becoming comfortable with isolation from childhood

These are the things that created the hole of negativity that I am today.

A mix of a violent and retarded father, an overprotective mother, a weak body and early teen bullying making me lose my friends and turn to the internet for escapism, rendering me unable to learn how to socialize properly

>tfw absolutely zero harmful external stimuli in my life or past

I'm this way because I'm innately pre-disposed to be this way.

what ruined me? huh

i guess the fact that no girl ever became my qt gf to make my actions have a meaning and goals to try to attain

Parents were completely apathetic and didn't get involved in my life at all. They never pushed me to do anything, encouraged me, or even asked about what I was doing at school. I never really had any direction or guidance in my life.

My completely ineffective parents.

They utterly failed to instill any sense of work ethic in me.

They should have been beating my ass over what a lazy piece of shit I was, but they were total pushovers. I basically walked all over them, and still do.

I'm a spoilt, 31 year old manchild who has basically never lifted a finger in his entire life, and the thing is, I know that I should. I know that I'm on the path to oblivion the second their money runs out, but there's no way off it. Like an animal raised in captivity, it's all I've ever known, and there's nothing I can do to prepare myself for my eventual, grossly overdue release into the wild.

Am I also to blame for my situation? Absolutely. I knew what path I was on by the time I turned 20, and there was still ample time to correct my course back then. That's my fault.

But it was my parents' failings that set me on this track to begin with.

>bloody head injury at age 2
>being enrolled in school a year early and having to eventually repeat the fifth grade
>being raised by tv and an abusive, neglectful, single mother
>having an absent father
>my emotional issues
>several social fuck ups
>discovering the internet at a young age
>childhood isolation

>What ruined you?
Youre posting on it.

>having too much pressure to get good grades starting at a very young age
>being raised by highly anxious and insecure people
>being friendzoned more times than I care to remember and getting cheated on the one time I managed not to

i know that feel, my father too is especially abusive, one of these days I'm going to beat him to a pulp

Myself really. I have everything going on for me but I just can't feel invested in life. This year and next I will do my best to become functional. Eventually I would like to get some money and a lovely wife to start a family, but if I can't pull it off it won't be so bad. I like my life as it is now, without having to socialize with anyone.

>They never pushed me to do anything

This.
This right fucking here.
I was never given any drive to do anything. No motivation, no pressure, no real punishment, and perhaps even moreso, no real reward for anything.

It was like they never really cared what was going on with me.

How the fuck is a kid going to succeed with parents like that?

>be incompetent awkward child
>grew into incompetent awkward adult

>I have nothing else to say about him.

If that were true you wouldn't have posted a 22 line greentext faggot.

I feel you user. I got separated from my classmates after we left elementary school. all my friends. the shock of being alone at a new school after being so used to all my classmates really changed me. I became a loner, a loser, my grades went down, I stopped paying attention to my studies because everyday I would worry about what my new classmates thought of me and I had a hard time making new friends. I dwell on it. I shouldn't, I know that, but almost 20 years later and I still think about what could be different.

Everything wrong in my life has mostly been my own fault. Now even my mother has given up I'm never going to accomplish anything.

For me it was realizing just how fucking naive I was and letting people take advantage of me.
Had it happen all my life up until a few years ago.
Finally changed all that though.

> my mother
> my father
> my brother
> every girl I have ever dated
> my health
> my self destructive habits

Nigga get a job. You're going to end up homeless.

I didn't had a father, so i was raised by my single mother and had a little brother. Mother always preffered brother far more, and didn't cared about me, only for onligations. She used to always take his side in everything, and if we wanted something, she got it for him but she always told me I had to work and pay for my stuff. I hate her actually, despite the fact that she supported me while growing up. So I have really low esteem because of that, no one ever had my back or gave me emotional support. I'm almost 30, and I want to kill myself more often than now now.