What's the logic behind cutting yourself robits? i think its stupid

What's the logic behind cutting yourself robits? i think its stupid

Attached: bakarrii.png (500x405, 316K)

It's like having a tattoo that says I'm sad, they want people to find the scars and pity them.

It feels good, it gives you a high.

i think being a tranny is stupid yet here you are op

Back when I used too it was a way to calm me down. When I was dealing with heat emotional pain or distress I would start getting bad panic attacks that I couldn't calm down from. The sharp physical pain helped calm down really quickly. Gave me something immediate to focus on and for me physical pain is much easier to deal with than emotional.

gets you high for 1-2 minutes.

anyone know why its considered "suicidal" behaviour? theres nothing suicidal about it

Attached: 106390.jpg (2560x1600, 407K)

it is not supposed to be logical. I beat myself with rocks since I don't want scars. I enjoy the pain because I hate myself

I've never done it but I can sort of see why depressed or ill people might do it. It probably gives one a feeling of control over one's pain when other pains (primarily mental pain like depression) seem out of one's control. It also releases endorphins so there's some kind of "rush" from it too i'd imagine.

it fucking feels good

I never cut but I used to pick my gums a lot, it hurts in a good way, almost euphoric.

used to cut, been clean for six months, gives you high and pretty much all this.

I don't cut, but it's hot and I want to lick someone else's cuts and kiss their scars.

Attached: Emi_is_cute.jpg (503x780, 109K)

It's absolutely fucking retarded. I think edgy teenagers go towards it as the 'thing to do' when they feel a little bit sad because they've seen others do it. Anyone in this thread feel like cutting or has cut in the past? Stop being a fucking retard and wallowing in self pity, accept you're feeling a bit down, listen to some depressing music or isolate yourself or whatever, then start to build your way out of it by talking to a friend or doing something you enjoy.

damn thats pretty hot t b h

Attached: satanic_by_baphomet_satan_666-dc9pw5q.png (1024x576, 617K)

>not putting cigarettes out on yourself
fucking virgins

Attached: 1523565540210.png (644x776, 19K)

>build your way out of it by talking to a friend

hmm

Damaged girls and boys give me weird feelings which I should rather avoid because most relationships aren't probably worth it. But it's still a desire which comes back all the time.

Attached: 1512146735387.png (1127x783, 681K)

Yeah I don't have any either, well, I have 1 online one. The point I meant to make was accept that you aren't feeling great and make useful steps towards feeling better after you've been sad for a bit. inb4 depression and feel sad all the time, guess what? cutting doesn't do shit for that.

It distracts you from whatever you're struggling with and gives you an adrenaline rush which feels good. Or you just claw at your arms until they bleed in an autistic rage like I do.

You can distract and get an adrenaline rush from a number of things, not just cutting. Stay edgy bro.

I'm sure the high of getting attention from people when they ask about your scars is too good to miss out on.

I'm not sure why I'm surprised that this is just a "try to bully people who do something I don't understand" thread. This is Jow Forums after all, everyone here is really out of touch.

aye I have autism too... it could be stiming? like other people cut but I wonder how autism affects it.

You don't think the points made are valid?

I used to cut and I feel the same desu, it's odd? but you're def not alone with those feelings

>told classmates i think girls who cut are hot
>user WTF thats gross
>mfw

Attached: 4XxDRIv.jpg (520x604, 68K)

A really like extremely close and somewhat intimate friend of mine seems to have a lot more interest in me since my depression and anxiety returned. I can't tell if it's that she wants to help, feels guilt, or takes an interest in my problems.

I've done normal cutting too, they seem really different to me. Cutting was really satisfying and made me feel good physically. When I scratch myself it's just like unloading a ton of anger.

I think you obviously know nothing about mental health and that you just want to bully people who are worse off than you so you can feel better about yourself.

Hatred towards everyone, which can only unfortunately be resolved on oneself.

its the only thing that takes the feelings away when nothing else will

basically a drug

i dont do it since i found meds that work, but my upper right thigh is scarred to shit, not that i care

You seem to think somebody disagreeing with you is bullying? I no intention or get anything out of upsetting you. Cutting is either a cry for attention or if you do it for an "adrenaline rush" like the other user suggested I pointed out you can get that from other sources.

Perhaps you could learn to handle your emotions without drugs or cutting, you know like most of the population does.

If you think that physically expressing your mental illness is nothing more than just wanting attention then you have no idea what you're talking about. Not everyone's brain works like yours.

because im unlike most of the population
hence my being here

its super odd to me, when I was younger and did it it somehow made me feel safe, like all that I had to do and all I had to worry about was nurturing a physical wound. having something I could see and heal from made me feel like i had more control over my mental illness

I'm not exactly sure why, but I want to hug a person like that, maybe I want someone to be slightly dependent on me and be there for them. Emotional talks are one of my fetishes too, which is absurd. But scars in general are often beautiful, which is I want to kiss them, it's confusing. Atleast it's good to know that there are other people who feel similiar.

She probably just tries to look out for you, this what friends seem to do, right? I don't know how your relationship previously looked like, so it's hard to judge, but thinking that she has some ulterior motives is too farfetched.

yeah, I do literally everything in my power to make sure no one knows I have scars

Your mental illness doesn't take over you and make you cut yourself, you make a conscious decision to do it.

Yeah it's probably her just trying her best to be my friend. She claimed a lot of fault for my problems sometimes I worry that if she didn't feel that way then she wouldn't buy so much effort into caring for me. I try not to think like that though.

yeah, because you want relief from the mental illness

Yeah, you're an absolutely clueless ape. I'm sure you think that people are poor by choice, and that people make conscious decisions to be gay.

how do i make myself more depressed?
serious question. i like the feeling of gloom

Attached: red_road1.jpg (455x290, 119K)

Your mental illness puts a razor in your hand and makes you cut yourself does it?
You can get relief in other ways instead of cutting

Answer this, have you ever experienced depression outside of "tfw no gf"?

You're here with the sole intent to try and make people feel bad for their problems. I don't know if you think it will help them, which it won't. Maybe you get off on hurting others. But one thing is certain, you're really clueless about mental health.

not everyone has the presents of mind, the resources, or knows any other ways of relief. when i used to cut it was because i had no fucking clue what to do with myself, i found cutting and it made me feel better so i kept doing it. these days I take anti depressants and go to therapy. there are definitely so many other ways of reliving that horrible feeling other than cutting, and i wish i had learned about them sooner.

pls respond im actually serious

Again I don't know what's wrong with you mate but a difference in opinion is not a personal attack even though I may think what you do is retarded. How depressed do I need to be to qualify for the edgy cutting club? I have no friends, gf, a shit job, spent almost all my time up until now alone. That good enough for you? or would I just not understand because my brain is different to yours.

drink, isolate yourself, destroy all of your relationships with friends and family, quit your job, sleep all day (or don't sleep at all), eat all day (or don't eat at all), don't shower or take care of yourself, maybe mutilate your face so you look as ugly as you feel,
there are so many options open to you my friend

thank you user i couldnt find anything on google for it

Attached: 1454064157-56ab421dde52a-019-nosferatu-a-symphony-of-horror-theredlist.jpg (1434x1056, 271K)

Because you aren't facing mental illness, you're just lonely and sad. Your problems would be resolved with a little spice in your life. Someone with a mental illness can't just "get happier." That's why it's a mental illness. It's brought on by a chemical imbalance in the brain. They literally don't have logical control over their actions because their brain is actually very unhealthy. I'm sorry that you consider your ignorance to be "an opinion" but it doesn't make you any less wrong.

there is no logic behind cutting yourself. That's why only overemotional girls do it.

different user here,
I don't know if i like the sentiment that you cannot change your actions when you have mental illness. it's definitely incredibly hard to change on your own, but if you have the help of someone like a therapist it is possible. I just don't want people to feel more hopeless then they already do.

it does release lots of feel good chemicals, so I wouldn't say it's completely illogical

well for me it actually helps when am anxious and stuff. I cut in places that i know no one will see, like thighs.

>They literally don't have logical control over their actions
Absolute bullshit. You always have control over their actions. You may not control how you feel but you can control how you deal with it and cutting isn't the way.

Do have any idea how the brain functions?

self harm has always been very calming for me. like other anons have said, it also gives you a kind of high (i find that especially true with burning, usually wakes me up and clears my head if i feel tired).
a lot of it is out of habit for me now though, as i've been self harming for nearly ten years.

Attached: r9k,sh.jpg (2448x3264, 516K)

shave your legs cunt

i guess it's the fact that you're purposefully damaging your body, especially if the self harm is severe (causing nerve damage, needing to be stitched up etc.).

i prefer not to. layers of scars add inconvenience to it too as the skin is pretty uneven.

is that all just with a razor? what do you wear if you go to a beach or swimming

Those are the sort of scars I'd want to see at a job interview.

I think scars are cool

Thinking about cutting my face to get a nice cool scar there soon

That's a leg? Just how bullimic are you?

I have a tiny scar on my face and it looks pretty cool.

I once got a girl to cut my initials into her hip.
...I have nothing to contribute to this thread, just wanted to share

Attached: Screenshot_20170813-042110.png (540x960, 647K)

Do you not think over a decade you could have found other ways to calm yourself? Those are some cool scars btw, a sign of a mature person.

you know what else releases endorphins?
>eating chocolate
>winning at a video game
>eating spicy food
>exercise
>masturbating
NAH, I THINK I'LL JUST CUT MYSELF. I'M A PERFECTLY SANE AND LOGICAL INDIVIDUAL AND NOT AN ANGSTY RETARD.

Attached: lasagna.gif (640x360, 393K)

it makes the numbness go away

thankfully, i only have one scar on my arm that's visible wearing short sleeves, but that can be easily passed off as an accident as i bothered to close it up, so that's not as issue.
more than i'd like to be.
it's with a few different objects: started off with scissors when i was a kid, then moved onto pencil sharpeners and now just use a penknife. i used to wear board shorts on the rare occasion that i went swimming, but now that i have some scars on my calf, that'll be a lot more difficult. i'll probably just have to have them exposed.
i really should have, but i think that it's just become such an ingrained behaviour that it's what i defualt to.

It feels amazing, when in mental distress a good cut feels like doing a bump of cocaine.

Surely recognizing that has been ingrained means you are aware of it, and if you wanted to, could stop it?

sorry for late reply, but yeah, i could stop if i put enough effort into it. it tends to come in waves. if i can get out of self harming regularly (usually ends up being at least once every couple days when i relapse) then i can manage months without. i guess it'd just be a matter of prolonging that time indefinitely.

You should start today.

probably should. i'm meeting with a therapist in two days for the first time in over a year, so it feels like a good time to give it a shot. unintentional on your part, i'm sure, but thanks for the motivation.

have you ever tried substances that give you an actual high