Best college major?

Humanities get a lot of shit from stemfags but there are definitely some that are on par with stem in terms of intellect. A lot of highly successful people were classics majors. Physics is probably god among STEM, but even physics majors are weak in verbal skills compared to top humanities majors.

CS graduate major here. There is a bit of math involved, but most of the 'difficulty' stems from professors assigning month long programming projects in the space of one week. Some even allow open note tests.

Attached: greChartByMajor.jpg (2048x1638, 191K)

Honestly, the best major is the one that fits with your post-graduation plans. Don't let your major drive your career, always do it the other way around.

I'm an environmental science major. It's still a degree in science right and I can find an internship in a lab somewhere with just an associate in science

this, pick the major your daddy has contacts / influence in, don't even bother doing college if you don't have a guaranteed job in a high end position after you graduate

>don't even bother doing college if you don't have a guaranteed job
I wouldn't say this. Statistically, you'll earn more and have better job security with a degree than without. But you just need to have a definite plan. Also don't decide in a vacuum. Talk with people in the job that you want and they'll tell you the "real deal" in terms of how good the profession actually is.

Sadly, I waited for my dad to retire before starting my CS degree. I had been programming years before but too hikki to leave the house and get a degree. I net nepotism could have helped me since my dad managed programmers for defense contracts. I fucked up and now my options are get a masters and/or spam the fuck out of software companies and game studios.

As a developer, stay away from games, it's a career-killer. Defense is good, though. And for software, you shouldn't need big connections to get in.

I'm going to be screwed but I don't have a choice. I went for a major I want to be in. Electrical engineering. But I have no.clue what I want to do with it. I'll be first generation in my family so I can't ask them for advice. I'm going to get shit on.

Don't think about what you want to do. Think about what you can do. Jobs/money first, personal interests second. Otherwise you get neither.

>I'll be first generation in my family
employers / people in general actually love this kind of rags-to-riches pity party so this is not a handicap but an advantage btw

I had an interview with a big studio last week. My portfolio must have helped. Too bad I fucked it up bad and will likely not hear back. M&S for defense is probably better than games though and more stable. You constantly have to get fired and relocate in games

Lots of things I can do I guess depending if I would move or. Not which I'm not completely against the idea. Going to school has been sort. Of a middle ground between getting a job and being a neet since I can't work. I figured all this work and forced to. Deal with people I'll eventually be able to handle a work environment. Also been able to use some of the electrical skills I learned on my own to save some cash repairing some devices.

It's quite simple (I'm assuming you're still in school). Look up "electrical engineers" on your local job board, talk to other people in your class, etc. to find out what jobs are available, and what their requirements are. Also, unless you live in a major city you're probably going to have to move, so prepare yourself for that. I don't know what the secret to happiness is, but the secret to not being utterly despondent and miserable is to have a decent job that pays well.

Most of that I can't do now. Lots of people around me are just Iunno not as bright or dedicated to their work as I figured people paying thousands in tuition would. Due to circumstancea I'm at a community College atm but when I can I will be transferring because this general educational shit sucks. I want to work on electronics. I Want to work. On circuits I want to trouble shoot them. Very rarely I get to when I'm at home when something gets damaged otherwise nada.

That sounds more like hardware engineering than electrical engineering (I'm not too clear on the difference). Those jobs are pretty good from what I hear.

>math and physics STEMfag
>now I'm a NEET

Attached: apu afk.jpg (1000x800, 50K)

What were your grades like?

I deal with the circuitry side of devices. Not the physical though sometimes both those aspects happen together.

I'm a philosophy graduate student atm and I'd say it's worth majoring in if you're planning to go into academia. There's not a lot of math involved per se, but once you start using modal logic in your argumentation there's a lot of mathematical thinking involved imo. Overall I'd recommend majoring in stem for most people though, trying to get into academia has destroyed my soul.

Attached: 1521151463619.png (680x683, 339K)

I got a 2.1 so not great but not memeingly terrible

Unfortunately STEM is a meme most of the time. The only branch that will really guarantee you work is CS, and even then you need decent grades and internships. Engineering of all kinds is heavily dependent on the national economy, excepting computer/software engineering where you just get CS jobs. Science is a joke because the degree is useless except for going into academia, and math is similar unless you have coding skills as well.

You probably would have been better off getting a degree in a major where you could pull at least a 3. Sorry. Employers seem to care how well you can memorize course material even though jobs are fuckin open book

Any thoughts on the industrial design career path?

sorry 2.1 is the degree award, my GPA was 3.4 or something like that. I was fine with the course material but my thesis was rubbish and dragged it below the 1.1 threshold.

American history BTFO

Attached: 20180430_092454.png (1440x478, 154K)