Crap rip off for console or is it actually good?

Basic rundown is I played it at launch and thought it was awful so switched back, most people I know did the same. Now it seems even bigger than pubg. Have they changed it a lot?

Is it better than pubg now?

My problems at launch were awful shooting mechanics and third person (I could live with this)

Attached: explainer-1524583913.jpg (768x432, 58K)

I've never played it but I'm pretty sure it only got bigger than PUBG because it's free to play

Idk, I quit playing it once it was infiltrated with normies and squeakers. When you have ESPN, covering it cause Drake and Ninja livestream you know it's going to be shit. CoD tier now.
PUBG is shit too, they can't optimzie for shit. One thing about fornite, is it at least works how it's supposed to and has good fps.

PUBG also has a Chink problem.

no it doesn't, at least not in uk first person servers.

There are no "UK" servers except private ones.
EU is as close as it gets.

Yeah just whatever servers uk plays on. Chinks aren't an issue

Pubg is funner to play in squads. Fortnite is better in solos. It is more popular because it is free and on console.

EU.
And yes they are.
You either don't play enough to know this, or don't play at all.
There's a reason why people hate the Chinese. 90% hack and region hop to abuse ping latency.

At launch it was a gambling simulator zombie base defender that cost 30ish dollars. Now it is a free casual BR game. If you prefer 3rd person, base building, and casual shit go fortnite. If you want to pay for a more advanced experience with 1st person and better gunplay where you get banned for killing streamers which the creators of PUBG bend over for then play pubg. I think both are shit cash cows to begin with.

It got bigger because it's f2p, more accessible, has an actual identity beyond "super realistic gritty gramphics" and the company behind it aren't a bunch of spergs.

It also got bigger because some famous rappers livestreamed it.

It's very unique in it's own way, unlike most shooting games. Every shooting game feels the same, but fortnite feels different. Can't describe it.

PUBG devs threatened to sue EPIC over fortnite and are currently suing some chinese devs for making their own BR game
its funny shit

They're so stupid. They didn't invent the BR game. Hell minecraft, h1z1, and Arma did BR long before PUBG

The creator of minecraft hunger games should sue Player Unknown

It's because PlayerUnknown made a BR mod in Arma or some shit long before it became the mainstream, so he assumed that he invented the whole concept of last man standing free-for-alls, which is utter bollocks.

He's also wilfully ignoring the fact that films like Battle Royale came out before the daft cunt was even born.

True, the book Battle Royal was written in 1999 and the writer has a copyright on it.
If he's aruging that because he made the mod first he can sue then hell, this. Some people on minecraft and gmod made battle royal shit before it was made for Arma.

Hes arguing that the chinese game blatently steals PUBGs property
The part everyone has taken the piss out of is that he called the frying pan weapon in PUBG "A unique and iconic part of PUBG" and claims the chinese guys stole it

I don't like the Battle Royale concept. It has a few innovative ideas, but it feels really fucking soulless apart from the art style. Again, if it wasn't Free to Play, I don't think people would care. Just like with Overwatch, I think this game is going to be a fad for a year or a bit less, and then everyone will move on. Still funny that we are going to get an influx of Battle Royales just because of it lmao.

Yeah, the big companies are gonna dogpile this trend like they always do
Probably transform some series into battle royale stuff the way they tried to turn Dead Space into an action game

It reminds me of the success of dayz and minecraft. When I was younger I wold try and find survival games and they were basically non-existent then one year devs decided to start making them and now the market is flooded with shitty survival games.

Didn't one of the kids in that Japanese Battle Royale movie use a frying pan?

In the book (which came out a year before) they die from bomb collars and "While most of the students receive guns and knives, some acquire relatively useless items like boomerangs, dartboard darts, or a fork."
In the movie it is mostly just guns and the collars. At one point there is a water gun if I am remembering correctly.
So the book does use kitchen utensils but if you want to argue the frying pan as a weapon then i'd say it is far more iconic in L4D2

Valve also has frying pan as a weapon in TF2 and it is pretty iconic since most of the classes can use it.

The weapon being in TF2 is given if you have l4d2 and valve worked to make l4d2. It is much more a symbol for l4d2

Speaking of PUBG, fuck that little cheating bitch "shroud".

Personally I switched in October for the following reasons.
1. Building is fun a fuck, adds a cool extra skill dynamic
2. Game doesn't run like dogshit
3. Game isn't exclusively a brown color pallet, it means I can fucking see enemies
4. Looting process doesn't take 15 minutes
5. Inventory management isn't pointlessly complex

I hate how mainstream fortnite is, but I have more fun playing it.