Generation Z is way better at memes than we were

Generation Z is way better at memes than we were.

Attached: 1504218351002.jpg (738x630, 787K)

thank you for accepting defeat oldfag, but you were no match for my ebin maymays

Attached: 63p3aogb22.jpg (851x797, 110K)

>looks at RELATABLE spongebob and plebbit memes
>thinking this is anything close to good

who did this to you

Attached: image.jpg (600x604, 244K)

>ah you think memes are you ally? you merely adopted memes, i was born unto them, molded by them. i didnt see my first pepe until i was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding

Your missing out on some ultra-ironic surreal shitposting my dude

No, because they have a short shelf-life. Because they're one-use, disposable trash. Even bel-air was better than their dumb jokes. And how mentally-deficient are you to still enjoy memes?

unoriginal original comment

Attached: IMG_2317.jpg (1896x1402, 259K)

haha E

>disappointed Kongs lasted 32 hours

Gen Z is good at pumping out a million good memes around a single premise or event. As a result their memes can be very funny but often wear out their welcome and lack variety. Prequel memes for example. Oldfag memes and Jow Forums memes are very much the distinguishing meme connoisseur's choice if he has one.They are much more biting, raw and show a great breadth of variety in both subject with multiple standout examples of cross-pollination and in comedic styling.

I'd take our memes over a million pictures of Anikan and Obi-Wan with text above their heads any day of the week.

Fucking great meme user

>the memes betray you - because they belong to ME

Attached: 1519619358401.jpg (738x734, 84K)

We created memes, but they were were raised in them. They're meme natives. We never stood a chance. We were merely the caretakers of our usurpers.

Attached: 1502223537967.gif (168x200, 5K)

>that

What sort of divinely aborted reality did you cross over from where such blasphemy is true?

Attached: image.jpg (618x530, 59K)

Fug I have been gotten

Attached: Snapchat-1596939997.jpg (1439x1433, 108K)

Gen Z memes overdose on irony. The memes try so hard to be ironic, and that in itself is suppossed to be an ironic joke, but at this point its just cringey. The memes and memers are embarrassing, and the embarrassment is also an ironic joke because of some facebook nihilist memes. The irony has just become too meta and is collapsing on itself with a frenzy of shitty depression/anxiety memes (which is also supposed to be ironic). Its not fun anymore

This is true, Jow Forums's memes retain staggering longevity and aren't simply text overlayed on shit.

The great part about Gen Z memes though is when they enter their meta phase as their lifespan reaches it's final stage. Their memes are usually shit but become great in the last phase as the surreality creeps in. I do also like how comfortable they are with suicide.

>is it time to give up? no.
we must fight back
they may have drenched everything they touch with irony
but surrealism and unironic reality will always win
do you truly think that a stop sign with its letters spaced out is funnier than a well structured joke that ponders our own perception of comedy? they arent comparable
a pile of bricks isnt as funny as witty rhetoric

Look me in the text and tell me this isn't funny

Attached: IMG_20180426_085458_534.jpg (1080x1268, 118K)

gotten beat

I don't think the depression/anxiety is ironic, lad. Most of them live in the US, and if you were born in the 00's then your country has been at war your entire life and you've never known a year of peacetime without nebulous "bad guys" always being fought. They've never even experienced a non-controversial president. The amount of school shootings have been going up every year (political arguments about reasons aside). Then there's the opioid epidemic, which started in the 90s but didn't get into swing until the early 00s. Between 1999 and 2014 the rate of suicide increased by 24% and is still increasing.

Attached: years of life spent in war in the us.jpg (1484x2672, 332K)

Literally the first image on Jow Forumsme_irl I could find
Look at me in the text and tell me this is funny

Attached: meirl.jpg (576x768, 88K)

Has reddit ever been the best source for legitimately humorous pictures? Even twitter is better at this point.

No I need to leech off of her a little longer

That's from the shitty normalfag side of memes. There's a super niche corner of it, mostly on iFunny I've seen, that is under so many layers of irony, it's funny on that fact alone.

Attached: c0d2573b647300219d70e62ff6a91378dd5b722711285ecb0a471d670266fe28_1.jpg (640x5780, 430K)

Wew lad

The oranges

bujiyregshghy

Attached: 2017-10-25-z.jpg (800x1132, 444K)

>low quality image with white border and text
they're lazy and shit

Gen Z meme's dont last longer then 2 days.

I honestly can't describe how much this picture infuriates me. Something about a teenage cunt being pretentious enough to say 'well' when ok or alright would suffice. Then going on to ask about 'brain damage' like she knows what that even entails. Combined with the stupid derpy chipmunk face, post-weeb animu tripping blox eyes, completely inexpressive face, bikini that has to match her retarded hair color, shitty lens flare filter even though the art is supposed to be minimal, god no wonder I've avoided this media. I can't believe this shit got so big.

why I oughta...
although you do have a point

Attached: moe syzlack spots an ifunny.co watermark.jpg (480x475, 77K)