What is genuinely bad about Reddit?

What is genuinely bad about Reddit?

Attached: 1200px-Reddit_logo_and_wordmark.svg.png (1200x400, 37K)

The Layout and userbase. Jow Forums has a shitty userbase aswell but atleast it isnt garbage UI

A lot of people on there are genuinely stupid.

most of the people here bitching about redat are users there who come here to whine without losing karma points.

they're naive and take themselves too seriously. they all think they have something to "contribute" to the world. they don't understand sarcasm which is why they have to put /s at the end of sarcastic posts. here no one really cares if a post is serious or not.

It's the exact same people that post here except the upvote system ensures that popular opinions get to the top, which is why people like and think that reddit has a bad userbase. It doesn't, it's just that you only ever read popular opinions.

The redditors and moderators

>libcucks everywhere
>shitty voting system
>censorship
>memes stolen from 4chins
>more libcucks
>roasties and women post and are enabled by whiteknight fags

the userbasses are very different because of the layout. different people are drawn to a different posting style. the average reddior doesn't understand why someone would post anonymously, for no points, and why you would want low moderation, and why you would want to see posts in sequential order

Reddit is the popular girl in school and Jow Forums is the dumpy fat girl who hates her but also can't stop talking about her.

if the majority of the userbase upvotes the shittiest posts, doesnt that mean the userbase is shitty?

The humour there is fucking garbage. Long comment strings of puns a 5 year old would barely consider amusing.

>think that reddit has a bad userbase. It doesn't

Attached: 1508284386743.jpg (508x494, 28K)

Reddit honestly has a shitter userbase. They claim to be "smart" and "rational" but in reality, they are some of the most toxic people I've ever meet. At least when Jow Forums is toxic they don't try to find dirt on you, ban you, or downvote everything you have; at worst on Jow Forums you get told to fuck off, at best you can have some banter. And at least Jow Forums doesn't claim to be anything but stupid.

*looks through your entire comment history*
heh i see you said something rude about niggers once
checkmate biggot

Like all sites with thumbs up/down features, it suffers from groupthink and silencing of dissent. No matter how good the source material, if it's on Reddit, it becomes a circlejerk. No exceptions.

I dont even know why people do this. Do they think it somehow refutes someone's arguments?

You don't understand social dynamics, which is understandable since you're autistic. As soon as you introduce a reward for posting something people can upvote, communities tend towards a left-wing reddit-like census... when you remove it, you turn it into Jow Forums.

It has nothing to do with user base, rather it's gamification.

A few real complaints. The mods on each board can be draconian or not. Many of the popular boards have rules about having a certain amount of points, limits to only one post per 5 minutes, all the fucking virtue signaling and karma whoring. Mods will go through your previous posts to see what kind of person you are. With all the things you have ever posted laid bare you cannot say your real feelings on a subject lest you risk the ban hammer from a mod or a member of reddit itself. Reddit is good for lurking, stealing occasional memes, and finding subject info not covered by Jow Forums sticky.

>It has nothing to do with user base

Attached: 1497331273638.jpg (543x443, 20K)

*links post to brigading subreddit*
*shadow bans you*
hows that for an argument kiddo

but it does has to do with userbase, because a certain kind of user is drawn to a website like that

>They claim to be "smart" and "rational

makes me truly appreciate Jow Forums. its amazing on this website i can basically just post whatever i want, anonymously. hardly any other websites are like that especially reddit. discussion on Jow Forums is so much more free than other sites.

They do, Reddit has the biggest hard-on for itself out of any website.

>He thinks he has freedom of speech on Jow Forums

Attached: Kurt-Russell-Voiced-Elvis-Forrest-Gump.jpg (1633x1633, 284K)

I use Reddit more than Jow Forums despite Jow Forums being my original home on the internet. It's been years since there was fresh content on r9k. This board turned into nothing but bitching about women and blacks and it's not interesting to me anymore. Reddit is a great place to go to read funny anecdotes and to discuss niche interests.

That said, the average redditor is dumber than a box of fucking rocks. They can't understand sarcasm at all. Joke posts tend to get downvoted unless they are very simple puns or beat-to-death memes.

I'm subscribed to a few book related subs, and they all seem to have shit taste in literature compared to posters on /lit/. Maybe the userbase is younger.

Compared to Reddit? Yeah, Mods on there ban anybody that breaks the circlejerk.

Anything remotely right wing on most subs gets bashed to hell or censored. Bar a few niche communities, it's one huge leftist circlejerk.

I find that the people on reddit are slightly less stupid than you guys, so there's that.

I think reddit is the fat girl in school that lost 2kg and no become a feminist all about humans rights while Jow Forums is just that girl that wanted to scream fucl off to the whole class

>they're naive and take themselves too seriously. they all think they have something to "contribute" to the world. they don't understand sarcasm which is why they have to put /s at the end of sarcastic posts. here no one really cares if a post is serious or not.
So true, user

In my opinion, upvotes are a good thing for forums. Gets trolls to fuck off.

However, upvotes combined with no anonymity and with karma means that people just farm for karma, circlejerk, and disregard perfectly valid opinions because of downvotes/low karma.

When did Jow Forums ever claim to be anything other then /b/ with opinions?

kys faggot they're the smuggest faggots on the planet

Attached: 1520207523654.jpg (1007x2620, 704K)

The website itself? Its upvote system by design pushes it towards becoming an echo chamber, and the karma count thing makes them agree with the popular "hivemind" decisions for the sake of fictional internet points.
The userbase itself is so shitty mostly because they're rich liberals and normies. When you put these types of people as mods, eventually your website ends up as a leftwing circlejerk with no tolerance for dissenting opinions and a knack for either banning outliers or stalking their past posts.

>karma system encourages shitty puns and virtue-signalling
>posts received as racist, sexist, etc. by mods are deleted, burying some legitimate opinions
>no anonymity means people don't want to talk about sensitive topics and your history can be used against you
>awful, awful memes, sense of humour of an aunt on fb
>they're fucking faggots

>absurd level of censorship
>hivemind
>shitty layout

Quora is an actually good website. Although people there are too scared to talk about anything involving race.

Attached: 5-Killer-Quora-Answers-on-Web-App.png (1020x680, 8K)

I'm going to have disagree, if you have even been on any of the default subreddits the people there are way dumber than on Jow Forums. The problem is also that they act like they know what they're talking about. They speak with authority on subjects they have no fucking idea about.

When did you decide that replying to posts with something unrelated was a good idea?

quora is terrific desu, until you get to the politically incorrect topics.

when your mum raped me faggit

>This is what passes for humor in the year of our Lord two thousand and eighteen on Jow Forums.

I like quora, but i'll be fucked if I answer anything. People there think that anything under 11 paragraphs is a bad answer.

quora is like stackexchange but utter shit.
if you want correct answers to questions without clutter, stackexhanges are 10 times better.

This isn't true for just Reddit (though it's extremely prevalent there). Most normies come at the thought of tech/science-celebs like Elon Musk and Nigger deGrasse.
I once saw a post explaining this. Most people on that site aren't DUMB, they're smart enough to understand what they're talking about, but not smart enough to actually delve into what they're saying

>if you have even been on any of the default subreddits the people there are way dumber than on Jow Forums.
Not at all. I don't feel like defending a website though. I'll leave the website loyalty stuff to the rest of you guys.
Quora is a good site. And definitely much better than reddit.
Nice job proving my point, little guy.

Get with the times mate, random image posting is where its at.

Attached: kelly-paul-4fd31227d80b4.jpg (1920x1080, 651K)

>sees a black man not commiting a crime
wow take all my upboats good sir!!!!

Attached: 1515803684412.png (1080x1920, 1.6M)

edgy 14 year olds make me sad too. like, it is annoying and everyone sees it but they just don't get it.

If you try to tell one they are autistic they will just think they are not edgy enough or something.

What they don't get is that edgy humor has to be funny for some reason. Otherwise you are just yelling pee-pee poo-poo with harsher words.

Not really, they just regurgitate stuff they learned from the circlejerk and continue to act smug. I guarantee they never actually did research on what they believe in.

Many men on there have a pompous pseudo-intellectual attitude. They make "witty remarks" to signal their intelligence to other redditers.

You're a bit off the hinges if you see this picture and get upset at it to that extent.

ur mum eats pee

You tell me, OP

Originaru

Attached: Unbenannt.jpg (3580x1138, 350K)

This. You'd think every thread was open mic night. Anything remotely interesting is immediately derailed by 3 people who think they're the funniest people on earth.

Yeah that's what I mean. They're smart enough to grasp what they've "learned" in the circlejerk and repeat it (so they aren't retarded), but not smart enough to actually check if they're right

Reddit is full of pseudo intellectual whiteknights with white guilt who take themselves too seriously. Atleast here most people know how pathetic they are and don't feel the need to be something they're not.

It's been a while since a saw something this fucked up. I wonder what other degenerate fetishes this guy has.

haha my bad I definitely flew off the handle there

Attached: 1498325655832.jpg (799x1199, 170K)

I have a rat torturing one, but its an instaban, things that much of a (you) getter.

Obviously Reddit is best.
Edit: Wow, gold?!? Thanks user!

Edit2: Front page already? I didn't expect this to get so much love!

3dit 4: Hitler did nothing wrong

Oh what the heck.

>This content is best enjoyed on our mobile app.

It does on Reddit.

Evolutionary game
Eat my asshole please

nothing, Jow Forums is for losers

Attached: reddit vs tv.jpg (1531x887, 332K)

Op go back

Attached: 1524866552499.png (770x789, 510K)

Christ, I don't know what's more cancerous, this or The Donald

can someone point me to some good subreddits
I want to find another site

I made a reddit account a couple of months ago because why the fuck not. Got banned from almost all of the subreddits i'd subscribed to in my first week lol

Any subreddit, specific subreddits that don't have any connection to reddit culture are good. It's not really a fun site though, if i had to come up with an analogy i'd say Jow Forums is fucking around with your highschool friends and reddit is having a polite conversation with your coworkers

i said the word sandnigger once on that board.
freedom of speech my ass

based intellectual neo marxist redditman

Is Quora owned by Islamic people, or does it have a large Islamic userbase? There's something up with that site.

r/atheism. Need I say more? Turns out I do... to post this...

Attached: 1518655270694.jpg (720x720, 69K)

1. The layout is a clusterfuck of threads, replies and metathreads. Gave me an eyesore the few times I been there.

2. Censorship

3. System of upvoting, karma and whatever else that determines popular topics.

/pol related
r/Cringeanarchy
Jow ForumsDebateAltRight
Jow Forumsethnocommunity

/rk9 related
r/Incels
r/ForeverAlone
Jow ForumsDepression
Jow ForumsLGBTForeverAlone
Jow ForumsNeedAFriend
Jow ForumsForeverAloneWomen
Jow ForumsForeverAloneDating

/fit related
r/Fitness
r/steroids
r/Brogress/
r/gainit/
r/Loseit

wtf I love reddit now. cya losers.

OmegaLUL

oregan

>r/Cringeanarchy
How is that sub not banned the content and lack of self awareness would make /pol blush

>ForeverAlone
>r9k related
Not even close. 90%+ of the people there aren't foreveralone and are open with having sex or past relationships. One "girl" on there claimed that shit while also saying how she hates being every guys ONS/side chick. Can't say shit or you get insta warned and then banned.

>foreveralonedating
Even worse. The guy:girl ratio is absurd. Every female post gets hundreds of guy messages instantly. None of them are actually FA either. Most are fishing for attention or want fucking Chad.

It's time to go back to them.

Attached: 1525112717020.gif (650x391, 1.25M)

literally all of reddit hates r/atheism. yall need to update your stereotypes

Literally all of reddit outside of The_Donald hates The_Donald. Banned from showing up on all too. Easily the most hated subreddit on the site.

That's cute and all but I hope he keeps it on a leach You never know when niggers will get violent.

Oh yeah, women have a fucked perception of what it means to be alone. They want someone who will love them forever and basically the perfect romance but will simultaneously have sex with every dude who wants to dick her on the first date. I'm glad that they're also suffering but I wish they got a more severe punishment really.

>exact same people

u b lying

Found the REEEEEEEEEing retard "wah this sub never used to be alt right". Yes it did you dumb shit.

>filled with women and normies
>often large cases of group think
>largely leftist
>large and popular platform easily accessible to those looking to spread misinformation and or propaganda

Attached: 2s5iQv.jpg (399x600, 64K)

Women are never suffering. They choose to be alone at all times. If you're a woman in a civilized country, you live life on tutorial mode being played by computer that has mastered the game. Even a 4/10 girl can camwhore and never have to work a day in her life. Hell, a 3/10 obese girl can lock down a beta provider anytime she wants.

which one is the pet?

#
>filled with shut in losers
>often large cases of group think
>largely rightwing
>large and popular platform easily accessible to those looking to spread misinformation and or propaganda
Cool story m8.