Why aren't you using gnu/linux?

Hey anons, why don't you spend an autistic amount of time installing, ricing and maintaining your gnu/linux machines?
>god tier customization, can make a waifu shrine
>free as in freedom software to protect against (((them)))
>gives basic knowledge of how systems work

>But I don't know how!!!
Bullshit, grab yourself a USB, head over to your preferred distribution site, use the site distrowatch to make your choice. Follow the "How to make a bootable USB" guides. Make sure to back up your important winshit files and carry them over onto your fresh new system

>but muh gaaayyymmeeesss!!!
k stay on windows? no one is forcing you to give up your manchild hobbies. see about duel booting your operating systems to get the best of both worlds

Happy linsuxing robros.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-27 16-13-58.png (1366x768, 365K)

God you're such a sperg
off yourself

I will never like anime, ever. Dont call me a manchild, manchild.

Checked
That's totally fine, you can always rice you system for other themes. It is not anime exclusive. Also I apologize for calling you a manchild, but the default response for people attached to windows because muh gaymes is to act as if you have been personally attacked by the suggestion of installing linux when duel booting exists, and there are lots of games available for linux now, granted no where near the library of windows.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-25_20-35-12.png (1366x768, 264K)

What is the point if I am not into programming, admin, servers or any IT related stuff? It will be just incovenient to google any problem and spend my non existent free time most days during the week. Linux won't save you from getting spied on. It is stupid to even care unless you are diagnosided with aspergers and this is your kick.

Because video games. Duel booting would be a hassle. That said I absolutely hate microshit and w*ndows.

im lazy. windows is easy.

arch is the best amirite guys??? :))))))

Attached: 1500653206125.png (492x611, 469K)

I hate that I have to crop your shitty image for the not-a-real-catgirl image.
Whatever.

>What is the point if I am not into programming, admin, servers or any IT related stuff?
There are a lot of benefits to using gnu/linux and the vast repositories of alternative software they provide as opposed to the mainstream blaoted, spyware,adware crap you tend to default to on a windows system.
>It will be just incovenient to google any problem and spend my non existent free time most days during the week
Some of the mainstream distributions require virtually no time to set up and maintain, with a shelf life of 5 years for long term support releases. It really is not as difficult as it sounds.
>Linux won't save you from getting spied on.
Well that is relative. Using an OS that reports ALL of your actions on it to a server isn't exactly helping you, just solidifying that fact you will be spied on by a malicious malware company throwing up ads in your notification bar and app menu. Free software can absolutely "save" you from being spied on. I don't see how you could deny this?

Attached: 1522000594565.png (1280x800, 281K)

tried ubuntu/mint/openuse/fedora and it's always some bullshit that doesn't work. my biggest bitch is that in one of them the store wouldn't load so I can install stuff on it. tried doing it with commands and nothing. even on another computer something is always in need of fixing or something doesn't work. waste of time and energy. perhaps I just have garbage computers even after I did a complete wipe of my windows os and one of them is fairly new

Checked
Also here you go
Works on my machine brainlet :3

Attached: 1314152313656.png (708x1000, 244K)

Using Linux is often more work than its worth. I don't give a fuck about customisation or being able to dick around with inferior free software. Even on ubuntu a lot of shit doesn't work out of the box or arbitrarily breaks.

Do you have a discord man? I'd like to learn from you and become friends.

well, congrats. enjoy your autism machine, bud.

I don't have one to hand, will shoot you my new acc in about 10 minutes.

Attached: 1524998756033.png (792x540, 359K)

Slow, buggy, way too easy to hack into. I do have to use it occasionally and just can't stand how it turned to shit in the past 10 years or so.

How exactly do you "hack into" a cryptfs partition smartass.If you are talking about an unencrypted install then of course, but windows is VERY easy to bypass too with no easy full disk encryption solution, especially one not built in.

Thank you I will be waiting user

>pretentious: the operating system

no thanks

I am using default ubuntu 16.04 because I need the flexibility of a package manager and unix style automation principles

Have fun with your autistic wallpaper fiddling

fde without tpm doesn't do anything, it's barely a speed bump
But I was talking servers of course. you can pwn most linux boxes with a couple scripts from github. Green admins thinking you can apply security updates with rebooting doesn't help at all.

Spring#9576

Attached: 969cb04b746422a68128cdde37c4cba206e224925153b1b1720191e6f79086d6.png (434x528, 294K)

I do though.
Fedora is my main OS *tips*

downloading debian-ldxe as we speak

>he thinks his autistic OS will work the way their guide says it does

Attached: tenor.gif (220x272, 63K)

Just use ubuntu, no reason to go to some wannabe minimalistic version of it.

Attached: 819058512.png (1920x1080, 1.22M)

how do customize beyond changing colors n shiet?

But I am

I also own several thinkpads

Attached: neofetch-2018-05-01-08-09-19-32514.jpg (3600x1080, 1.41M)

The best FDE available has been built into windows since 2013. Not that it matters much though, FDE is irrelevant in most threat scenarios.

I have been using GNU/Linux for about 5 years. I never boot into Windows anymore.

This was Debian 9 XFCE
I've never tried out fedora, what's it like?
I still need to buy a thinkpad, seen a decent looking x220 for about $140
Only 3 years~ here, and I would still say I could not install something like slack or arch, brainlet. But I can do the simple shit and make my distro look nice, presentable and usable.

Attached: SmolBabby.png (1366x768, 732K)

Can I dual boot linux and win 10 on my laptop without nuking it which is currently working fine?

Attached: 1563619ae636ec9aeddc53ad74be9cde69c15f48fd5da067172af5af8a7b8c91_1_1.jpg (796x574, 34K)

I am sure you would be able to install arch, their documentation is top notch.

can I have that wallpaper mr user?

You're a parrot. You parrot everything Jow Forums tells you and it's evident in everything from your opinions, what you use, your desktop, and how you carry yourself.

Spending hours fumbling around in config files, terminals, and compiling from source to access a tiny, sub-par software library of mediocre hobbyist garbage made with no monetary incentive is nothing more than an e-peen measuring contest and should be reserved for second partitions, PCs, or servers.

Computers are for executing programs and getting work done. You're too incompetent to do that so you spend all this time configuring simple things that would otherwise be simple tasks in other OS's to make yourself look smarter. Have fun with your broken kernel.

Install a desktop OS and get some real work done.

Sincerely, a GNU/Linux veteran.

Went to school and had to switch from Arch to Windows for time convenience. I really miss being able to fix everything on my computer. (((Windows))) makes error messages so ambiguous that it is basically impossible to diagnose problems short of using a debugger, the worst way to figure out errors on software. Or if the GUI fails, you are fucked. If the internet button doesn't let you get internet, you are just stuck with no internet unless a lucky reboot, update, or call to customer service saves you. While in Arch there was a wiki for it every time. It was all a huge time eater, but learning that much for each challenge helped me understand fundamentals of CLI and file trees when I was first learning how to use language programs

Also, "Linux is better for programmers" is no less of a meme than "Mac is better for audiovisual engineers". Sure, there are lots of useful libraries included by default, but that's easy to get on any other system.

Also Linux has shit-tier customization desu. If you have enough knowhow, Windows 7 is the true patrician OS for customization.

I hoesntly tried in the years 2001-2003, just not smart enough I guess. There was always a problem. Want to play a video spend 6 hours trying to get it to work.

Oh and one last footnote, I'm typing this from Debian on a t400. Linux should be reserved for secondary PCs, partitions, and servers. This t400 is definitely not my main system. I use it mainly for shitposting and web browsing in bed because that's about all you can really do on Linux, for the most part, unless you're doing some super secret uber hax0r stuff. I depend on Windows for my main rig because I need ease of access, stability, and superior proprietary software to get real work done. I'll never understand people who have like 32gb of ram and a beefy cpu and gpu but run arch. All that power wasted.

Here, I found the attention (You) were looking for

Attached: 1500386088856.png (600x905, 418K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux,
is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux.
Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component
of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell
utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day,
without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU
which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are
not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a
part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system
that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run.
The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself;
it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is
normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system
is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-caIIled "Linux"
distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: E41F33F7-DF15-44DE-9A01-60DB7E07D374.jpg (1280x720, 78K)