I'm 30 and just got into a university for the first time

I'm 30 and just got into a university for the first time.
So, yeah, I'm going to start my working life at almost 40.
Most normies get shocked when they hear this.

>b-b-but you're supposed to get a job at 18 and stick with it
>how did u fuck up your life that bad man
>what the hell dude you're too old to study

I realized that the people who react this way are people who don't understand that people like me study because we want to. I want to study math. It interests me. I don't give a fuck about how you think I should get a wife, kids and a house by 22 or else I'm somehow "fucked" in an imaginary race to the grave.
In ten years, you'll be exhausted in body and mind, waiting for retirement, and I'll be discovering the secrets of this universe.

Attached: normie.jpg (960x640, 96K)

>letting literal kids judge you
Judge the little douchewads back ten times as hard. Little shits.

> I want to study math. It interests me.
And you didn't just buy a Math book, because?

>I don't give a fuck about how you think I should get a wife, kids and a house by 22 or else I'm somehow "fucked" in an imaginary race to the grave.
You clearly do give a fuck

that's pretty cool OP good luck

what kind of job do you think you'll be able to get when you're done though?

Age doesn't mean much anymore, we're all incel , saying it get married re pathetic is just a waste of breath

fuck spell correct fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

>I realized that the people who react this way are people who don't understand that people like me study because we want to. I want to study math. It interests me.
I was somewhat with you until this. what

While I respect your drive to learn, the kids have a point. It'll be very hard for you to find a job when you're out of college. Much harder for you than for younger folk.

This is not to tell you to quit, just keep it in mind.

Why don't you buy a book and tell us how it goes, you wiener?

Im 20 and socially fucking retarded and I can't find a fucking job so fuck you it makes no fucking difference it's not fucking easier for younger people stop this fucking bullshit fuck you

should have gone to railroad school instead. it's like robot reform school.

Attached: Screenshot_20180118_064234.png (847x682, 409K)

Check any statistics you want, my man. Employers prefer younger people.

>Thinking people care this much about you

Most are too involved with their own lives to give a shit about you going to school at 30 years old.

They want fuckign chads and Stacies, I've been fired from multiple jobs for being an autistic fucking failure and a loser they want fucking chads and Stacies , just fucking you fucking piece of normalshit

Attached: IMG_0272.jpg (400x320, 29K)

>Employers prefer x

If you think I plan my life ahead thinking about pleasing some corporate cocksucker, you're mistaken.

You want something from this corporate cocksucker.

They're right though, no way around that.

I live in a welfare state so I don't really even care about being unemployed, and I know I'm more competent than Chads so if I dont get hired it's not even my loss.

You're going to be like 36 with no experience in the math field, good luck getting hired. They would take a 23 year old with the same experience and qualifications over you. Just facts.

>they're right

Say this at 50 when you hate your life, your shitty job, your horrible kids and I'm still in college banging college chicks living my youth until the day I die.

If life is a race where you have to accomplish certain things by a certain age, this just means you're racing to be the first to die.

That's not going to happen. The majority of college girls think 30 year olds that are still in college are losers and unfuckable. What will happen is you'll graduate and have a hard time finding a job, so good luck.

Did none of you really understand what OP even meant?

He's clearly saying he studies math for his own amusement, to understand the world around him, not to land a fucking desk job and wear a suit and a tie from 9 to 5. REEE!
Fucking normies holy shit your two digit IQ's trigger me every time.

Pure academic interest. Do you understand this term?

If you're young and think you're going to get hired for any length of time you better have fucking good social skills they second they find out you're socially retarded you will be on the fucking street, people hired guys for social reasons and girls so they can fuck them later , this is just how it is and if you can't see this you're a fucking moron

Academic interest isn't going to feed you.

I'm not judging OP or saying he did a bad call. I'm telling him if he expects to be employed in math afterwards, he's gonna have a harder time.

If you do this you are never going to have a gf/wife you can trust. Basically the "just cuck my shit up" of career choices.

Hahahahaha

It went fine. I'm 18 years old and probably at the upper undergrad level in general discrete math/proofs, combinatorics, abstract algebra, plus I have experience with topics that undergrads don't cover. For example, I know Coq and have enough practical programming skills (with references and examples to show for it) to have a viable career in such a field. Im especially interested in computer graphics and mathematical visualization. I'd even say things ive done in this area are down right fascinating and real mathematicians would agree my work is top tier experimental mathematics. Another example: I understand things like rational trig and the work of norman wildberger .

These are the types of hands on experiences you don't get to in college. You'll see. They will just endlessly dish out problem sets and busy work.

My advice: don't be so fucking helpless. Good luck with that, user.

>undergrad level
>I went to school
stopped reading there, wiener

Yeah. highschool

Never been to college yet

>I don't give a fuck
and yet I'm going to go on Jow Forums and tell people how much I don't give a fuck.

anyways, you're right that you don't really need school
it's an absolute shame to not have a well-rounded education and no societal bearings, though. leads to impotent buffoons who think they're so great but just play video games all day.

i hate "normie" expectations, as if there's one way to live YOUR life, fucking annoying cunts who just want you to stay in line, never deviating.

and we're meant to be the fucking robots?

Oh please

Taking dumb ass humanities courses isn't going to change anybody. The ones I'll have to take for my retarded BA math degree include "social justice" abd two years of foreign language I'll definately forget

>2018
>Having a job

You retarded or something ?

College gives you networking and social skills. You need them to land a job and not die of starvation, clinging to a maths textbook.

>berflebbity you don't need to build IRL social networks to survive
>r-right?
Tick tock. You've only got so much time to avoid becoming a friendless bum.

I'm spending my 20s fucking about, because I sure as fuck won't be able to fuck around later

Im a friendless bum regardless

I have networking skills. I said that I have references. I know people from my volunteer free software development. One time I even got RMS (from the sticky on ) to write me a letter of recommendation. (I got denied anyway)

>networking skills
this fucking boomer lingo for getting people hook you up with jobs is getting real old
we get it, back in the day you could just give out meme-jobs to retarded cousins of your best friend, it must have been nice

Nigger I work with my friends and we get away with so much shit. I even bullied an incompetent manager that was fucking him over into leaving. Networking skills ftw

>singular usage reveals that I have only one friend
curses!

Alright I take it back. If I was an employer and Stallman recommended someone they would instantly get the job.

This is why I became NEET after 10 years of wageslaving, I'm never gonna be this young ever again, may as well enjoy my youth while I still have it and can still function on my own.
Why save for "retirement" when I'll be a broken old man who can't enjoy it?

I met Miguel de Icaza at a conference where we were both speaking.
And how did I get that gig? Networking.

>ayo I talked some shit to this manager at taco bell, Im a epic networker nigga
this is what I mean, "networking" means nothing
would actually be more useful to write if you can or can not talk sum shit on the resume instead, judging by what you seem to be doing with "networking"

Who cares? Lots of people switch careers around that age, no one is going to make fun of you

You'll come to a point in your career where you can only get so far by being a whiz kid. "Whiz man" doesn't sound so hygienic.

Good luck, man. I can't imagine entering university at my age (same as you), especially when everyone is a herd-mentality snowflake. Keep your down and in your studies.

Don't know what youre talking about bro

Thats what they try to tell you.
You have to wagekek early user. Get that advantage.
Im wagecucking for 6 years and changed as many jobs. It is just as mentioned before.

1. Chads and stacies.
2. Young women.
3. Whoever takes the lowest salary.
4. Non confrontational betas who radiate comfyness.
5. Plain normies
6. (You)

have fun ooooh peeee

Im honestly thinking about going back to school
Im 25, I just really dont want to work a literal wageslave job

How do you stop yourself from putting your hand down your pants to play with your balls in the classroom?

I've become so accustomed to automatically playing with myself whilst I read things on the computer that I don't even realize I'm doing it.

Wear gloves I guess

people like that are gay as fucc.

I had loads of geezers in my computer science classes. nobody gave a shit because they weren't assholes.

But its not socially acceptable to masturbate in public?

Similar to me. I had school fatigue at 16 and dropped out. Started learning about history and programming on my own and discovering I liked learning. For the longest time I dreaded school and work but finally started college at 31. I'm still looking for jobs and struggling to find the motivation to finish a graduate program

is it really possible to masturbate while wearing gloves?

I majored in marketing at the appropriate age and literally could not find any jobs or internships out of college because my resume was literally just school shit because I didn't do anything except play modded Skyrim and work at a shitty hardware store in college

I made no connections because I have no social media or irl friends, if it weren't for crypto I would be fucked.

Honestly any program that doesn't have a specific set of requirements and leads right into a job immediately after is a waste of time and money if you're not a normie, social skills that you have no control over will fuck your life hard

Good on you OP. A lot of people give advice based on what they can and can't do because someone told and so on. What I have learned is no one really has a clue and you should just do what you want.
When you do that you become the new data point and people point to as an example. I think it mostly comes from people being scared