Bachelors in stem

>bachelors in stem
>about to graduate with a masters
>only job i could get was as a dish washer
Maybe working a menial job will make me less fag.

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 41K)

>about to graduate with a masters
you could teach at a college

>thinking STEM entitles you to a job
>falling for the memes
>thinking its not the top 25% who get careers basically everywhere
I'm a PhD in DCAB at ETH, nothing is guaranteed. Do something you love, its not a meme.

No one is going to hire me at this university and I dont have any money to move somewhere.

I thought I would have bigger chances with a stem degree than with history or shit.
Should have studied data science or business.

>Do something you love, its not a meme.
Look who is talking. I got a LKJJ with a NJL at PKTZ and recently made my degree in OIER specializing in JDF just like I always wanted and still have no job.

>Do something you love, its not a meme.
r-really user? i've been hurt before

Attached: 1525168775554.jpg (660x716, 53K)

Doing something you love doesn't work when that something doesn't make money. If only I was born to like being a low pay wageslave I would then not have to suffer any more.

Attached: 1476028322436.jpg (1280x1066, 505K)

>choose "meme degree" because it interests me
>one month after graduating get hired in financial office
>never use my knowledge for my degree
Seriously all it took was a firm handshake. Jobless stemfags make me smile though, roll up those sleeves and wash those dishes, I have done it and it is humbling

this

>oh just do what you love, its fine if you have to live in studio apartments until you're 45 and can finally afford a starter home
>at least you wont work a day in your life ahahahahahaha

until you working at what you used to love turns it into work, and not your passion, and you're stuck making no money in a job you hate instead of making good money in a job you hate, while having hobbies you haven't sucked the joy out of

>be computer science bachelor
>has had software dev job since third year
Are you even trying?

Just get your cdl. Its pretty cozy but shitty at first you need to suffer a bit with working with a mentor otr but after that its neet life on the road. Get to spend whole day alone at times only downside sometimes no net connection so try to stay in the east.

Attached: 1523895916554.jpg (384x383, 20K)

>bachelors in stem
>work entry level job
>quit after a year
>work entry level job
>quit after a year
>work entry-mid level job
>quit after a year

It ain't yall nigga the system is broken. I had to start my own business to get anything fucking done in this retarded country.

Attached: 1513088386025.jpg (960x720, 196K)

any other neet kinda spooked out because of all the acronym spam in this thread that you'll never understand

Something you love is a meme.
I love medicine. Though being a doctor is total cuck bullshit. Same is research. You are a mere glorified nigger monkey. Still love the medicine itself, but Im on my way out.

Jobs will become more rare, more scarce, and it will only get harder and harder to find small ones.

Automation and tech are advancing.

Universal basic income is the only hope for most.

>it worked out for me so it has to work out for everyone!

>get told there's a stem crisis
>what they don't tell you is we need engineers who are at the top of their classes, come out of undergrad with 4+ internships, have mid to senior level knowledge and is willing to work for peanuts

i know it's pointless to discuss this sort of thing, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

i don't care for the contrarian, "you fell for the meme, i didn't go to college," or whatever replies things like this usually get.

growing up, our parents, teachers, and other peers endlessly talked about college.
>"you should be thinking of what college you want to go to."
>"make sure you study for your SATs."
>"Have you decided on a major yet?"
>"You need a degree in order to get anywhere in life."

After i graduated undergrad, i got a job within 2 weeks that paid $41k/yr, which wasn't bad for a 23 year old. I then moved to a job that paid $42k with more responsibilities/prestige. I left that job for a third, but things fell through during the hiring process on the agency's side.

I've been applying endlessly to jobs for the last 3 months. The qualifications these people are asking for are insane. To be a special agent in any federal branch, they want masters/PHD level education if you are using education in place of experience. If qualifying on exp, they want 5 years of law enforcement experience.

what did you study, user?

based on the pay and lack of employment i would guess something in soft stem like bio or chem

For those who haven't tried, law enforcement is absolute bullshit to get into if your daddy wasn't a cop or you're not white.

I checked other jobs too, and it's insulting to see places that require a bachelor's degree but have the audacity to offer anything under $20/hr.

Do not fucking brainwash an entire generation of people to go to higher education, just to move the goalposts upon the majority of them graduating. It's fucking sick. I wish the people who are holding those jobs would retire already and let the younger people have a go at life. I outworked/outsmarted the older people at my jobs (who had higher positions) because I was better at using computers, better at handling situations, better at approaching things with some flexibiltiy vs. "well this is how it's been done forever." It's fucking bullshit.

I'm just tired of feeling like I always have to prove to someone that I am "worth it." I put in the time that they wanted me to by going to college, and that should be worth enough.

i really don't feel like saying because everytime it's mentioned, people have a whole bunch of baseless anecdotal evidence about it. i happened to do really well in my classes, i did really well in finding two jobs right off the bat, and now i'm having some difficulty finding some employment the third time around. i am to blame for seeking more but really, 3 months of being unemployed and i'm fucking losing my mind.

i hate that i know that i have to go back to school in order to get some higher degrees. thankfully for the first degree i got away with no student debt, but this time around i will probably not be so lucky.

i really am sorry to rant but i'm at my wit's end. i've reached out to old contacts, i've sent out 15 applications, i've gotten bullshit "thanks for interviewing with us, but we've chosen not to move forward with you" e-mails even though they never took the time out to interview me in the first place.

it has broken me so much that i applied to some bullshit retail jobs and even those jobs won't call me back because i'm "overqualified."

why the fuck is it that a 20 something year old, fit male who WANTS to work who REFUSES to go on unemployment cannot get a call back in this fucking place. I ACTUALLY WANT TO WORK. I'm not enjoying these 3 months I've had to myself at all. I can't even conjure up the motivation to play any games because I'm so restless about sitting idly by. I can't conjure up the motivation to do anything.

I am seriously considering joining the military at this point. I'm getting desperate.

Attached: 1466623802848.png (367x321, 102K)

>I put in the time that they wanted me to by going to college, and that should be worth enough.
I knew this was the truth but it's another thing to actually experience it for real. I graduated from a comparatively better university than the rest of my coworkers but it doesn't matter one bit in terms of salary. I don't know what to do any more and just want to give up. At least it's easier to cope once I do instead of disappointing myself continuously with expectations that are clearly too much.

Attached: 1502873088729.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

>Do not fucking brainwash an entire generation of people to go to higher education, just to move the goalposts upon the majority of them graduating. It's fucking sick. I wish the people who are holding those jobs would retire already and let the younger people have a go at life.
They can't retire. They had to spend exponentially more on their children's education and housing than their parents did and don't have the money to retire. While boomers had it really good at the age we are now, their reckoning is coming too when they drop dead at their desks or get fired for having dementia. The whole country is fucked, we'll be Chile tier in 15 years. Watch "Los Traidores" for a preview of what will happen to America.

i absolutely feel you because i was on the other end of that. where you went to a "comparatively better university," i went to a community college first and a regular old city college after that. found employment amongst people who went the length to go into more "prestigious" schools. it's a lesson that fucking sucks and it's why i never hold anyone in a higher regard just because of where they went to school/how many degrees they have. unemployment is one of the best equalizers after death because it can happen to the qualified of individuals.

i'm sorry that you're going through this. i know how it feels and it sucks. i don't think i'm ready to give up yet but i do feel very tired, drained, and sad. i want to feel like i am contributing again. doing nothing is not a part of who i am. the issue is that i can't "think outside the box" and hustle like entrepreneurs or "go viral." I am a linear, procedural thinker and i feel like that is my biggest flaw.

I'm not sure if I have it in me to see a doomsday movie after my life is already in borderline doomsday mode, but i'll add it to my queue.

I do believe you when you say that this country is fucked. I just don't know what to do to cushion the blow.

I'm in a similar situation but I can't even get an entry level job. It is pain, fucking pain. I quit my retail job last year because I was going to be hired similarly to you but it fell through and now other retail places won't take me for being overqualified as well. I have a degree from a top fucking 40 university, it is worth just the paper it's printed on. I've started going outside of my field in applications and actually can get in the office for an interview for salescuck positions and the like, but they don't want me because my experience isn't right. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: wojack baf.jpg (808x805, 141K)

It's not a Doomsday movie it's a film about corrupt union bosses and politicians. It just really accurately describes the employment situation in America IMO.

really makes me think. lots of people must love to clean shit off mcdonalds toilets

i'm sorry that you're going through this too user. i wish there was some button i could press that would make it better for people in our age range.

i laughed at your photo not because it was funny, but because i can't even afford to die.

why god

Attached: 1474693486256.png (634x634, 367K)

Engineers graduate now with tons of other engineers all competing for the samefew jobs. So even if you do get a job the pay is worse now than it was before this huge rush on STEM education.

Tough luck falling for the STEM meme.

Attached: B7F99549-6F33-4AC0-AED2-32F75CE8F461.jpg (399x399, 46K)

Shit like the stuff in this thread are seriously making me consider going to HVAC or something, don't want to get into civil engineering only to be denied for some bullshit with a loan I'll never repay.
Almost all of the things I love would only be useful if the apocalypse, WW3, or Russian Revolution: America Edition happens.
Boomers deserve the rope.

>DCAB
>ETH
What the fuck are these, retard? I'd hate to be the person reading your thesis if you use acronyms like this.

>fell for stem meme
>got a bachelors
>all jobs require industry cert which requires 4-5 years work experience
>had an internship
>they all are telling me how smart i am and how i'll work for google
>i'm so average it hurts
>instead i just got hired at some shit tier job with no pay just for health benefits
>have to give them references of people from my internship so they can call and tell them how i've failed

Fuck man like who even stays in contact with these people once working is done?

and if i love jerk off everyday what do?

Thanks user. There is a button you could push and it's Trumps big nuclear button. Kidding but sometimes I do just wish that I would die in nuclear fire.

What are you going to do? Is the medical degree applicable to something other than being a doctor or doing research?

Consulting of various types is your best option probably. Like you could be an expert witness, or consult with an advertising company for their pharma ads.

Unfortunately you have to artificially stay connected with people you've worked with to get a job. It's very difficult for people on this board and even moreso when they don't respond (which many of them never do).

If you are really good at it, you'll find a way to make money. If you can't that's on you.

>I put in the time that they wanted me to by going to college, and that should be worth enough.
That sums up pretty well how I feel. I have a Masters in a STEM degree, and out of a hundred or so applications I've gotten exactly no interviews. At this point, what more can I do? I can't do any internships, and it's not like menial labour is going to make me any more qualified for work in my field. In the end it was all a huge waste of six years of my life, to end up like a highschool dropout.

I'm graduating with a transfer degree from a community college in a few months, and all these threads are turning me off from going to a 4 year. What's my best alternative?

Nothing wrong with a 4 year as long as it's in the right field, you're a hard worker (and a successful one, at that), you get the right internships, and you have a good network.

Well it has also worked out for literally everyone who studied with me and tried to get job in IT field.

how do you get a phd in ethereum

could you tell the fbi to stop bringing down Jow Forums
thx

But you literally said "do something you love" and then moved the goalposts because you knew how stupid it was. Might as well make a tautological statement "just be good at making money if you want to make money", it's as useful as that advice you gave anyway.

Yeah, the truth is "do something that makes money and you can tolerate". Then do what you love on the side.

>3 months without a job
>I'm desperate

Unoriginally kill yourself

Attached: aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.jpg (425x283, 38K)

I wasn't the one who you replied to but assuming we are talking about a profession, if you love it you'll find a way to make money.

Once you're 6 months unemployed your chances of getting hired fall dramatically.