Yo, neets

yo, neets

want to move out of your mom's basement and make some money? apply for a job on the railroad. you don't need any skills or education beyond your grade 12. Boomers are retiring and they are having such a hard time filling positions many locations have signing bonuses.

>b-b-but that job is basically nepotism where i live!!!!

then hire on somewhere else asn transfer back to your hometown later.

>b-b-but i dont want to work on call forever

Take classes online on in your time off or save your earnings to put yourself through school later.

There's no excuse not to. There is a job for everyone. Conductor, car mechanic, diesel mechanic equipment operator, tie gang labourer, and more. I live in Canada and make over 100,000 Canadian dollarydoos as a locomotive engineer sitting on my ass all day. There's no reason that couldn't be you too. Give it a chance.

up.jobs
jobs.bnsf.com
jobs.nscorp.com
jobs.cn.ca
cpr.ca/en/careers

Attached: 57fd769de2cb23d70ed31b23c9c9e189.jpg (1024x702, 428K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hAKiJBn_UCU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I live in Atlanta, one of the largest rail hubs in the US. I thought of joining but when I asked some railroad OGs I know they said that most of the jobs will be automated in 15 years and each rail company suffers from retarded middle management that is looking for any reason to cut your pay.

Many jobs are still a long way from automation. I don't believe any train that goes over a crossing at grade will be completely driverless within my career. Someone has to be up there to pull the emergency brake if need be or take over manually when radio communications temporary fail.

Even if it does happen twenty years fown the road, you would still be in a position to hold a non-automated job with your seniority or receive a large buyout due to adverse effects on your ability to find work. Many people received buyouts when the caboose was eliminated in the 1980s.

Don't get me wrong amigo, I'm an autist who has always loved trains and wanted to have a comfy job driving trains but like most jobs on the planet, people and technology have ruined it.

What about the management though? That's the worst complaint I've heard from engineers and conductors.

Will I be able to crash trains with no survivors?

Attached: 1515392700822.jpg (500x567, 53K)

Dealing with management can be frustrating. They hire front level managers off the street which leads to someone telling you how to do your job that doesn't know how to do your job. If they tell you to break the law you can tell them to fuck off, but if they violate your collective agreement there is not much you can do besides file a grievance afterwards. If you do your job and arw able to keep your cool around those idiots you'll be fine.

>The left says, oh well, we can teach anyone anything so that's no problem.

>The right says: There's a job for everyone, they just need to get off their lazy asses and put to it.

>THEY ARE BOTH WRONG

Attached: pol.jpg (2488x1941, 314K)

Hi Opie, I worked for a class iii helping implement PTC. Do you hate me for contributing to the robotrain eventuality or do you appreciate me for making your job easier?

Attached: L-Metrolink-PTC.jpg (640x426, 36K)

They will pay you while they teach you and there are plenty of jobs available. Just give it a shot, bro! You'd be surprised!

I don't have any experience with PTC aside from it putting trains into penalty when it isn't supposed to. No plans for implementation in Canada yet. There's some resentment from American conductors I've met that think it will lead to one man operation but driverless is still a very long time away. GE's FTO still needs a ton of improvements.

There's an offer in my area. Thanks Jesus for sending me a sign.

yay low iq excuse
just swallow your pride a bit and they'll pay you not to work

>driving two miles worth of hazardous shipping materials
>overworked
>guaranteeing you will have no relationship ever
>so that you can shit two feet away from your coworkers
Sounds shithouse, buddy.

Ah yeah I forgot about the Canada part. Its federally mandaded for all operators here in burgerland. And yeah I'd see a lot of bugs like that. The developers for our CAD were a bunch of poo in loos who wouldn't work with dispatch or the road foremen to understand any of the nuances that make it a painus in the anus.

Do you drive GEs? I got to ride in an sd70 mac and an sd40 as the guy that fixed the tmc if it went crazy. Was pretty neat.

good luck man! hope it goes well.

>driving two miles worth of hazardous shipping materials

Hazardous materials are only some of what railroads ship. If your train has hazardous materials you have documentation on where all the hazardous materials are and what to do in the event of an emergency. Most trains do not have any hazardous materials.

>overworked
I'm not familiar with American work/rest rules but in Canada we have a legal obligation to tell the dispatcher we judge outselves unfit to work for any reason.

>guaranteeing you will have no relationship ever
Its tough, but people make it work.
>so that you can shit two feet away from your coworkers
Shitting on the lead locomotive is poor form. You do that on one of the trailing engines.

Most of our road engines are AC4400 or EC44AC. Yard engines are a mix of everything, lots of rebuilt SD40 or GP38 engines.

>Its tough, but people make it work.
Judging by the divorce statistics that's not true. It's one of the highest. All that time away and the wife is bound to start fucking someone.

Any job is going to take the best they can get (unless the position is filled through nepotism), which is not going to be a robot.

I've seen them hire some real clowns. They seem to be taking anyone they can get lately. You'd be surprised.

You're not gone for long periods at a time, though. I'd guess that one positive of the unpredictable schedule is that its easy to come home unexpectedly and find out if she is a ho. I haven't noticed the divorce rate higher than that of the general population, but thats just my experience.

Well regardless of what kind of people get hired, I've never seen any railroad related job openings here.

You may live in a high seniority area. You could try applying in a different location and transferring back home when you can hold work in your home town.

Moving is not an option for me.

I guess all you can do is keep am eye out for a posting in the off chance they hire a class then. Best of luck with your future endeavours regardless.

How comfy is it inside?

Attached: UP_ES44AC.jpg (800x558, 140K)

When they are clean, pretty comfy desu.

Attached: showimage.jpg (1024x761, 278K)

I live in Canada in a town that employs a good chunk of the people who live here and literally everyone who works for CP rail wants to fucking kill themselves. The union is going to arbitration like every other fucking day for something because people get their pensions stolen from them left, right and centre. They are crooks. Sure you just have to sit in a train but youre not allowed phones or any internet what so ever which I guarantee a lot of of you smega dick fuck tards could not handle. So fuck the railroad.

what can I get as a neet of three years with no job experience at all?

I have a college degree btw

just checked jobs
>drug screening
yeah fuck all that

Attached: 1486588510591.jpg (900x900, 85K)

If they hate it so much, why don't they quit? Most people that leave realize they made a mistake and come back. Hardest part of the job is staying awake.

With a degree they would probably try and convince you to take an entry level management position. I think the unionized positions are better for quality of life and work. I liked working as a conductor. I really like working as an engineer.

In Canada, once you pass the initial drug test you are good to go. They can't drug test randomly here, and a post incident urine test does not demonstrate impairment at the time of the incident according to thr Canadian Railway Office of Arbitration. They'll fire you, but you'll get your job back with backpay a year later. If you're American, you're fucked.

im a softass 18 y/o female with fibro. taking u level courses. is it that easy? is it physically taxing? i dont have very much physical strength

Honestly that must be Jow Forumsomfy as fuck but there's really no railroad stuff here.

ahhh yessss conveniently being too stupid to have to change, what are the odds...?

are these jobs really as easy to get as you claim don't fuck with me

Is this the same situation in England?

Once you get the engineer promotion you rarely leave the seat. Conductor has a lot of walking, climbing ladders, etc but very little heavy lifting. I've worked with 5 foot tall women that must have weighed lesd than 100 pounds that had little problem with the physical aspect of the work.

I've seen new conductors be 30 year olds getting their first job to 18 year olds having to miss training to attend their graduation to 50 year old former taxi drivers. If you can show them you'll work safely they will more than likely take you. Training is paid.

>i dont have very much physical strength
OwO

I'm a 24 year old loser with a super spotty job history and no diploma, is it even worth to try?

Go for it. Apply for everything from carman to conductor to track labourer wherever you'd be willing to work. They're all unionized positions and once you get your foot in the door you're protected.

you say you've worked with 5 foot women, but as a midget I can tell you they will not hire short people to work as conductors

I mean can I just lie about it, and say I got my diploma on my resume? I know only some company's actually check and it can be a huge resume tosser.

That's really unfortunate if they do discriminate on hiring like that. I'm on the tall side and I don't find it particularly advantageous very often at work.

Its up to you. Depends on the railroad and the stance of the interviewer I would guess. I've seen guys with just a grade 8 get hired before after saying they were taking online classes.

I cant work my knees are fucked and my back isn't much better.
I cant stand for longer then 10 minutes and even sitting straight up gets painful after 30 minutes.
so now what am i suppose to do genius.

"Just hit the bricks and walk in there and shake the manager's hand! That is what I did!"

I'm confused, I searched WA jobs out of all the links you posted and came up with nothing. Do these companies hire out of state?

They do hire out of state. Not sure where in WA you are but UP is hiring train crews in Oregon: Hinkle, La Grande, and Portland.

Thanks user, I appreciate it. I can do long hours and hard work, I work up in alaska every summer so that wouldn't be an issue. I've been trying to find something stable and permanent since all i'm doing now is a low level part time job. Hopefully this works out.

nice trips btw

There can be some uncertainty at first about layoffs when traffic slows down, but you can always move to where you can hold work until things pick up back home. Things are so busy right now and there are so many retirements over the next few years I wouldnt worry too much.

I'm not fucking up my health any more than it already is.

Alternatively, you could put more effort into your life, and do what I do. Airplanes are way cooler, but I do respect train dudes desu

Attached: Md80 deck.jpg (1024x768, 415K)

I knew someone that was a conductor and they quit because of the stress

Yeah except that is the same everywhere you go. Everytime I anticipate a dumb boss decision I put my phone in my shirt pocket and hit record. Then blindly do what they tell me.

When the hits the fan (and it always does) I just pull out my phone and play the video and dumb boss is punished/leaves me alone. I learned a long time ago to never open my mouth at work unless absolutely necessary.

Isn't it hard to get all the flight hours needed for your license?

You need money in order to move. Plus, you need training, plus they like to hire from within in general, plus im from the UK, so it's a lot smaller than the usa, therefore less job opportunities.

I've wanted to drive trains ever since i was a young lad.

Not hard per se, just requires an assload of money and time. Seek out a college or uni that has a flight training program attached to their aviation majors. There's plenty of resources for you online if you're thinking about the career. I won't lie, it's absolutely comfy tier dude. I fly city to city across the states and get paid to do it

youtube.com/watch?v=hAKiJBn_UCU

Attached: 1516065427761.jpg (940x529, 217K)

From what I read our unions are fighting for a lot of the same things. Fatigue management, work/life balance, etc. Airplanes definitely are cooler.

How can you be a train conductor if, the trains run themselves. Ask Thomas

I mean, I played more flight simulator than I'd like to admit for not being autistic.

I'm a wizard, though, so I'm I too late for this shit?

For sure. I'm still young and single, so I don't pay it much mind. My life is very open. It all depends on the carrier though. Generally, the larger carrier you fly for, the better off you'll be. Pilots strike there and the world literally stops. Strikes at a shitty regional or cargo carrier are no big deal in terms of air travel. DAL has treated me well and the benefits are quite good despite my lack of seniority

I don't know what it's like to be a pilot flying in the US but the market in europe is fucked. Expensive flight schools, barely any unis with flight programs and if you're unlucky you will have to pay airlines for getting flight hours so a better airline will hire you. Also many airlines have working conditions where I simply don't want to be a pilot.

It's never too late. You may have boned yourself out of flying large jets and getting big salaries here in the states, but that door is always open for expat guys. Here in the states pilot slots are super competitive, even during shortages. I'm set to go to Air Japan and fly 767Fs for All Nippon once I meet their time requirements. Hopefully, that path will have me in 777s or 787s by my 30th birthday.

Neat. Hope it works out for you.

Thanks

Here in the states it isn't horrible, but it is pretty competitive. Pilot shortage sure is helping though. If you really want a guaranteed job flying nice, big jets at a young age, go to Asia. Japan, Hong Kong, South Korea, China are all crying for pilots. India is expanding their aviation sector pretty rapidly as well.

Attached: All_Nippon_Airways_Boeing_767-300_BCF_JA8358_NRT_(16329017875).jpg (4685x3123, 1.28M)

I worked at a gigantic flight school.If you do not have someone that can give you 70k - 90k you're fucked, you also have to go to CFI school and then be an instructor for a few years getting your hours up. So yeah you need rich parents (which 99% of the student pilots had)

also wouldn't go for it if i were a day over the age of 25

Basically, yes. I hate to admit it, but if your parents don't fork up for you, prepare for a life of debt.

You can't even get into debt at the flight school I worked at, you literally have to find the money on your own. There was no taking out loans like you could at a college or something, 70k at least...but most spend close to 100k. Knew a rich guy that became a pilot, his own father said he spent enough to send his son through medical school....twice (he kept failing his checkrides). Rich daddy bailed him out.

No loans? Were they part 141?

I have noticed it too. But here in England all rail and TFL companies are being filled by thirdies.

This thread is just Chad and Brad talking about their "sick jobs bro"

NORMIES GET OUT

Hurry up and die cursed feminist whore
Underage poster scum
Spit