Loneliness epidemic

What is causing the Loneliness epidemic in america r9k

Attached: IMG_w0l6mu.jpg (716x609, 135K)

Breakdown of the family, social media shifting focus away from real flesh and blood relationships to fake online relationships, delayed adulthood, and diasporatic job hunting, all medicated by escapism which further drives loneliness. Everyone's watching their own very specific niche TV show and talking to everyone they know (who mostly live in another state) through their instagram story updates. What people did in the past was meet up with people in person and spend time with them doing stuff or chatting, backed up by a strong social web made out of extended family and lifelong friends.

Society's inability to change and accept that there are people who need help from loneliness.

In short: females. The only ones actually lonely are men.

alienation
originalionigarissimo

saw this image the other day o

Attached: a wizard speaks the truth.jpg (1920x1080, 425K)

I'm so tired discussing this day after day after day after day every day. Everyone here knows that we're in a terrible situation. I'm tired. Redigesting it again and again won't change anything. There is no way out of this for us. Can we stop? Just this once? I'm so tired of all this.

Attached: 1415746664521.jpg (1280x842, 104K)

Society is literally designed to atomize individuals as much as possible

at least modern society
you can't have so many peoples together and expect there not to be conflict
most people aren't smart, patient, or have enough time to take all the eccentricities in

indoor life has become way too comfy. The sort of people you'd get along with don't go outside much. You go out, see Brads and Stacies everywhere, and think that all of humanity is trash and there's nobody out there for you.

>man is refused by women
>man gets ridiculed for being refused by woman and told that he's a boy
>man has to be by himself while everyone else parties and has sex

Spot on, user. Original btw.

Honestly I don't think so.
People who haven't been suicidal and depressed for as long as we have don't know the actual feeling.
For them, "depression" is a joke and just "I feel a bit sad today. Maybe I should fuck chad and it will go away"

Attached: 1523921532600.jpg (600x600, 47K)

you seem to think that no gf = loneliness. It's not. A significant other should not be an only source of company. Friends are just as if not more important. You won't last long in a relationship if you have no life outside of it

If you have no gf or have sex with women your "friends" will leave you
Well a good friend would help you out but those are almost none existent

But I have no desire for outside friends

There was an old album by Radiohead that really did depict the modern social condition. It's called Ok Computer.

Add in feminism, the devaluation of sex and unrestrained hypergamy and you've got it.

industralization paved the way, with the industralization of jobs people stop having time for themselves, we went for working when it was necessary to working under a schedule in order to maintain the quality of products and services and the saddest part is that there is no alternative, the mechanization and rationalization of the world has killed any idyllic way of life.

>from real flesh and blood relationships to fake online relationships
And to think tele-counseling is becoming a thing. What a travesty.

it has become so
much easier to escape from
the minor inconveniences
that are necessary to
experience a connection

people dont have the patience
to deal with real friends
and real family
and all the annoyances
all of the give and take
that it requires
to maintain bonds

it is easier to distract
ourselves
it is easier to type
a message
and pretend its the same
as eye contact

1. people not wanting to communicate with each other despite having multiple avenues to do so
2. people working too hard to be able to maintain their connections
3. a select few people being able to obtain a life in which they have a healthy meaningful social circle
4. everyone just trying to fit in rather than live their own unique life
5. divorce
6. long distance relationships
7. lingering stigma against addressing your mental health
8. having a chronic condition that separates you from most people in some way
9. having unfulfilled dreams
10. inability to find someone
11. life drifting people apart
12. their pets can't talk back