Job Hunt General

>be me, 20 year old NEET who dropped uni last year and hasn't done shit for about half a year
>apply for a lot of jobs
>barely ever hear anything back despite having a little experience in customer service
>finally hear something back from a job application working as a mail delivery guy
>ad said they needed a guy who was a good driver and had a license
>I've got a Full so I'm sweet, plus I love driving
>"So user you'll be riding around delivering mail on a bicycle. That okay?"
>nothing in the ad said anything about a bicycle at all
>hesitate because I hate bicycles so fucking much and stutter out a "Y-yeah no p-p-problem"
>a week later and I still haven't heard shit from them

I'm so fucking fed up with job searching. Even when I find a position that sounds great for me it's never what I think it is and the more I see of wagie life the shittier it makes me feel. Any job search or job related feels robots?

Attached: tWEPNmM.jpg (250x240, 11K)

the more autistic you are the better they think you are with computers

>be felon jobhunter
>been fired from previous two jobs, so I've got the conviction and no references working against me
>find a temp position at a Target warehouse
>no mention of background checks so I think I'm in the clear
>come in to interview and fill out online test
>apparently they actually do background checks
>fuck
>need the money bad, so go through with it anyway
>get to work for them for 1 week, made $400
>get a phone call from them
>"Hello user we noticed a discrepancy in some paperwork you filed with us, please come to the office to sort this ma-"
>hang up and go back to the NEET lifestyle
currently working at mcdonalds, we'll see how long this one lasts

Attached: 1508452575384.jpg (500x500, 38K)

how do you get anything with no references?

>Work at a mental hospital for about a year
>The unit I worked at was chill out. My shift started at 7am usually you'd supervise a patient for 4 hours(which means you sit in their rooms and can use your phone or read all that time) then get switched off to do something else, like doing a headcount every 15 minutes, etc until the end of the day.
>After a few months they tell I'm switching to a new unit for dangerous patients
>I'm excited for it
>Every fucking supervisor there was a micromanaging fuck(for example they'd tell one person to stand here then right after the other person would get onto THEM for what they were told to)
So, I got tired of going back to that for 12 hours a week. If anyone wants to hear more about it I'll share

the temp job was basically hiring warm bodies for immediate labor, as for mcdonalds I just contained my autism and told them I used to work as a prep cook for a diner back home (which was true). Tbqh it is hard to get a lot of jobs because I have no references or usable work history, even for getting a dishwasher job

post moar... i'm curious what qualifications you needed for that job

i'm like but older desu
>be 24
>uni dropout
>job hunting
>interview for janitor at some mall
>get 4 calls in a row the next day (morning)
>too scared to pick up (it's a phobia, i get paralyzed and hyper ventilate and shit)
>look at the phone ringing knowing it's my only chance to actually get a job
>can't do it
>mommy gets home
>she hears about what happened
>i cry on her lap
>she buys me chocolate ice-cream and snickers

honestly disappointed in myself.

Attached: 573970450.png (613x556, 29K)

I get pretty anxious about phone calls too, what I usually do is if I'm expecting a call or I know I need to make a call, I'll take a few shots of whiskey or pop a benzo like xanax or etizolam to power through it. Honestly, making the phone call is the hardest part. Once you're on the phone it goes a lot smoother.

literally every job is going to be shitter than what it's described as
>be applying for months, no hire
>friend mentions his dealerships hiring
>same day I get an interview there; a week later I'm working
>get told it's "just parking cars"
>guess what, it's fucking not
>have to constantly greet people who come for service
>I always have to tell walk-ins to go home, they blame me that it's busy
>people are upset with me about pricing, as if I can do anything about it
>forced to give mechanics instructions about things (ex customer only wants front brake pads replaced, don't move the seat, yards yadda) and I can see their eyes burning through me with hate
>if a mechanic or detailer scratches/dents a car they can just say it was there when they got it and I'll get blamed
There's times it's not so stressful but it can suck for long periods of time

Attached: 1523380208089.png (352x327, 243K)

tldr 20 y/o babby gets first job :^ ))]]

I hope a worm crawls up your urethra and infects you with HIV

This hits too close to home. Why can't we just answer the phone and talk? People talk to each other all the time. It's very simple.

Once you get use to them it becomes easier, just try to be extra enthusiastic and do lots of "yeah!" and "haha" and ask normies about their days and they won't shut up. Making the phone call or picking up is always the hardest part for me too.

What felony do you have on your record?

breaking and entering. Only saving grace is that it's not something like sexual assault or murder, but that still doesn't help the job search.

Attached: 1524816007144.jpg (1190x1114, 183K)

What's the story behind that friend? If you don't mind my asking of course.

I graduated high school and sat in my room for a year until I finally decided I needed some money. The first place I applied to hired me somehow, I have been working there for just under 2 months. We're all gonna make it, lads. I got hired despite being 15 minutes late to the interview

Attached: 1475053467123.png (960x776, 728K)

Dropped out of uni last fall semester cause I needed a break like super bad, readjust my bearings. Subsequently this meant I also lost my student IT job. Going back to school this summer in Accounting. Applied to student accounting job, got rejected. Not sure where to go from here. Kinda need the money, but I don't want to work off campus. My mind can't handle that kind of juggling stress.

Just waiting for another desk job opening soon, I guess.

Ah you know, same old story. Became homeless due to a drug problem, lost my job, broke into an unoccupied residence cause it was the dead of winter, got caught and arrested by the Shurriff.

Attached: phdjysb8cpd01.jpg (480x312, 18K)

Damn. I can respect at least that you broke the law for the sake of your own survival. Good luck with the Mcjob all the same and catch a break

Attached: comf.gif (666x386, 342K)