/UNI/ generally fucked edition

>first draft of 8 page astrophysics paper due tomorrow
>need to spend ~6 hours today writing
>I'll probably just drink all day and panic at midnight
>At least graduating soon 2 more weeks

Attached: 4e28b3e5fa6ba861acf1605b07c9da051430092797_large.jpg (200x200, 12K)

How the fuck do normies do studies? I prefer relaxation

Attached: IMG_1698.jpg (512x287, 33K)

Well there is some value in being knowledgeable, which is achieved through study

Just finished my second last exam, which will probably not count towards final grades anyway because I can drop the worst module.
Just one more to go and then I'll go back to being bored out of my mind and probably try to kms.

What do you have to write about OP? I'm doing astrophysics too, maybe I can help.

Attached: 1513844598578.jpg (1024x926, 82K)

I would like to discuss something about Uni that I've thought about recently.

So most people who go to study have a lot of stress on them. Not only are they not able to learn at their own pace, they have to do thousands of words worth of assignments regularly by a specific deadline. On top of this and adding to their stress is the fact that they may have a part time job. This means they have much more work to do than the average person whose not at Uni.

Now if they really wanted to learn and gain knowledge I'd understand why they'd go through this stress, it's to become wise. However, the problem with that is due to the age of the internet you can basically pick any topic you want (Biblical Studies, Islamic Studies, Chemistry, Philosophy, Political Science, etc) and learn it from at your own home without any real communication mostly for free. Heck, I know it's possible to get your hands on free pass paper and mark schemes with them so you can test yourself if you wanted to.

So I think most people go to Uni for two reasons:
>A.) Get a good degree so you can get paid slightly more than your wagie friends
>B.) To boast about it.

Now if you're like me and you've learned(I used to be a very materialistic person) to not be attached to this materialistic world and trying to fit in or above others in society then you don't have a real reason to go to Uni.

The experience is mostly horrible, you can't learn at your own pace, you have to deal with normalfags, exams forced down at you, thousands of word assignments in the space of a small amount of time and most importantly not being comfy in your own house.

Thankfully I live in a first world country so even if I wanted to or had to wage slave, I'd still have enough free time and money to carry on my studies. There isn't even much of a difference between studying at home and wage slaving or studying at Uni and wage slaving, in fact being at Uni contains a lot more Unnecessary stress.

What do you guys think?

Attached: retarded pepe fort no girls.jpg (720x398, 52K)

Also, sorry if this post is kind of shitty. I rushed it because last time I tried to write it my internet became gay when I tired to post it so I lost all that I wrote.

>Get a good degree so you can get paid slightly more than your wagie friends
Depends on your field, really. If you fell for the STEM meme, you probably won't even be considered without a degree.

Uni to me is something most people use as a means to an end, whether it's to get into wild parties or more importantly have a chance of getting into a good career. The problem is that there are people going who should not be there, or that people think that it's all about getting good grades meanwhile the guy who's been making the gonnections just stole you from a potentially good job. And of course there's the bragging rights such a thing brings even though a good bit wouldn't know what common sense was if it hit them in the back of the head. Uni went from something you go to get educated to something you go to either meet people, fuck a lot, get the knowhow to get into whatever career you want to get into, or to brag while you're a Starfucks barista. It really depends on what you want, and I think schools need to take a few notches down on the uni/college shilling.

Don't you think uni teaches you more about your own self than beeing alone?

Unis a bunch of bullshit really.
Half the shit I could've learned at home.

>However, the problem with that is due to the age of the internet you can basically pick any topic you want (Biblical Studies, Islamic Studies, Chemistry, Philosophy, Political Science, etc) and learn it from at your own home without any real communication mostly for free. Heck, I know it's possible to get your hands on free pass paper and mark schemes with them so you can test yourself if you wanted to.

Oh yes, I'm sure your employer would believe you know what you're talking about without anything to prove it. Seriously, I can tell you've never even considered uni. You really are just a dumb frogposter. End your worthless life please, for all our sakes

pretty sure im gonna fail this year again, a second time

i feel like shit here

Read my entire post you literal ass, I explained that point. Also:

>Complaining about frogposting on r9k

Can't tell if you're a newfaggot pretending to act cool so either return to whatever containment board you belong in or lurk moar.

Attached: tired annoyed.jpg (400x386, 21K)

>got 100 percent in applied maths
>did really well in my applied physics
>normies now think I'm some sort of genius
>I'm above average to say the least
>keep asking me bullshit questions
>went to some tutorial for physics
>asked lecturer question and said he would have it next week
>state I won't be in next week due to study week and can he email it
>said he can
>bunch of roasties and normies look visibly disappointed
>wear a comfy shirt to college
>a few people complemented it
>chief roastie number one and two were staring at me today seductively
>two more weeks and I'm straight into neetdom
I don't like the attention desu. I know when someone is trying to use me.I can't study in the library without some normal fag asking me a question. At least il be left alone next week.
Overall it's going well.

Attached: 1524932982184.png (657x527, 297K)

You sound like a guy who if I met in real life, I'd end up knocking you out

>tfw also neet
>tfw also in college
>tfw bad grades
>tfw no motivation
>tfw all time in the world
>tfw not even friends
>tfw a failure

;-;

Oh yes, you're the first person to have thought about uni like that. You pretentious faggot

How do I deal with the fact that I get quite anxious about having no topic for my Bachelor thesis despite not having even started?
Or rather: How hard is it to find an topic for it?

I'm sorry, I stopped reading after that as I couldn't be bothered reading your pompous, pretentious post. My bad, bitchboy

You have to learn how to do well without appearing like you're doing well. Dick around on your phone in class, if you ever have free time between classes play some shitty game on your laptop, dress like an underachiever, etc.

I'm on my last day of vacation. I have a bunch of weed and a bunch of snacks. What do you suggest I do? I don't remember having this much free time.

Got straight A's 2 terms in a row, studying Physics. Feelsgoodman.

>Get a good degree so you can get paid slightly more than your wagie friends

Yeah if you study a shit degree like liberal arts

Good idea. Thanks for the advice. Hows uni going?

Why are you faggots so assblasted about that post?

I'm done with the weeder classes and have a 3.9, I guess it's going well.

>neet
>college
>original

Attached: hnyaa.jpg (968x824, 116K)

I'm literally so smart I don't have to study. Straight As this semester. I didn't even buy books. Not a larp.

Feelsgoodman.png

OnIy 1 final to go

Attached: 1507873021673.gif (840x488, 511K)

t. liberal arts major
Come back to me when you are getting a graduate degree in mathematics or physics.

>physics 1 final in about 6 hours
>crammed last night
does cramming work if you have a basic foothold on the material? I know the equations and how to set things up but barely did practice problems.

Attached: 1523883893188.jpg (2492x1480, 1.18M)

Just finished penultimate assignment. Tomorrow I take final in patho and we done with straight A's. Feels delicious. LMAO @ brainlet ass normies making B's or struggling to write a babby 10 page paper. Don't try to punch above your weight. If your IQ is below +1SD you don't belong in any higher education institution.

>tfw two (2) essay-based finals tomorrow
>first one at 8 AM
>not really sure how to study

I've read through the powerpoints for one class, but not much info there. Other one I at least have my notes to read through.

Practice problems are the worst way to learn anything math related tbdesu. You either understand it or not and no amount or trying to brute force it will help. I like to look at problems someone else did when learning a new concept, but actually doing it myself is just a waste of time.

Thats the way I learn. Works for me.

In case anyone actually takes this post seriously, do the opposite of what this user says.

>uni teaches you more about your own self than beeing alone?
Elaborate on this please

Because he's a pretentious faggot

Best advice would be getting a title for each paragraph. Thats what helped me study essays. Id have my titles then could write no bother.

a degree helps in specific situations. internships are more important. having a degree or being a student is sometimes necessary to get experience requirements knocked down a year or maybe two. nothing solves the problem of being job ready more than an internship or cheesing into entry level.

So what the fuck should I do here robots?

Attached: 1520452262289.jpg (264x191, 8K)

>back on adderall
love hate relationship

did they give you a study guide or anything? all of my math professors gave me like five copies of each exam and i just did them all. they just change numbers

No, home work's the closest thing.

I wrote my capstone paper for history in 2 days. Had to lock myself in a room at the library and turn off wifi so I wouldn't slack off. Struggled with major anxiety during that class, teacher was very chill about it though

do the homework dude. do it until it clicks. i failed college algebra once and precalculus twice because i sat there listening and then didnt do shit

elaborate. i feel like this with regards to ambien and weed, separately.

i have some underlying mental disorder but im afraid to find out what it is. my mother is diagnosed bpd and was on a load of shit when she had me
adderall makes me feel happy and stable until the dosage gets to high. i have to come off and experience the worst borderline manic episodes in my entire life. i get the urge to fight people and think about jumping in front of trains. after a couple weeks, back to pre-adderall phase

I'm going to get an A/A+ in all my other classes except this fucking math class that I need to graduate and I'm barely pulling a C+/B- in that fucking class!!!!

>inb4 brainlet

I'm a math major and the class I'm talking about is fucking real and complex analysis!!!!

Attached: 1463290129087.jpg (900x900, 566K)

Would Computer science,Software engineering and a year of engineering science be a good course to do in uni? Or is that too much

Doesn't the departments give out various topics there of which you can choose from? Or if you have an idea you can ask one of the profs if you could write about that and if he/she would be your tutor.

If you're in college you're not a neet.

I barely managed to pass my hardest class, grading was out of 1000 and I wound up with a bit over 700 for either a C- or a D. Out of the course I only missed two assignments but they were worth a lot so it was a large hit on my final grade. At least I only have two semesters left and my remaining classes are going to be very easy.

the manic episodes sound pretty familiar, even if im on different meds than you. my parents were drug addicts and my uncle is some sort of schizophrenic. "every man is the sum total of his reaction to experience" and also his parents' experiences, according to Karma. i bet on my eventual recovery and know i have to be the one to break the cycle or at least be much more self aware than my parents were. uni related stress really doesnt give me the opportunity to fucking decompress however

Dropping out of uni this summer. I've always hated it but this year has killed my motivation and drive.

Already working full time, fortunately, but I still can't help feeling like a complete failure. I was always the one out of my brothers that was expected to go far.

I got a Bachelor's in English and have yet to do anything with it. Working at some warehouse that doesn't even require a high school degree.
This kind of sucks.

>every man is the sum of his reaction to experience and his parents experience
i completely believe this. i just tell myself that theres no way i can do worse than my parents since im already self aware. i honestly just want to get through uni and help people in any way i can. im an accountant for money, but i would really love to become a teacher, dietitian, etc. something i can spend my life doing to help people where i wasnt helped

>do escape room thing with coworkers
>stuck in small room with three femails for 58 minutes
>they smelled so good
>touched hands so much
I literally feel high

Attached: vwpvyli7fwpz.jpg (1000x800, 110K)

>tfw in software engineering
>tfw do well in computer related subjects
>tfw still haven't been able to pass calc 3 even after 2 attempts
WHY IS IT SO HARD REEEEEEE

Are you even trying? I'm borderline retarded and even I managed to get a B in calc 3 on my first try.

compared to all the notes ive taken for classes, i had twice as many notes for calc 3.

>finish exam
>absolutely nothing to do for 4 months
I did not ask for this feel.

Attached: 1479421794297.png (686x524, 125K)

>Calls self borderline retarded
>Is actually just bragging.

The problem is that without uni, it's really hard to make connections with knowledgeable people in your field or peers with similar goals/interests. If you have specific, technical questions, not many people will be able to answer it unless you pay them money, and even then, the pool is still limited. You won't have a support network or any mentorship/guidance.
If you want to pursue research, you can't go to graduate school without an undergrad degree.
Deadlines are stressful but they force you to work. Honestly speaking, if you were given 1 week to complete a project vs completing the project at your own leisure, which one would get done first? You need deadlines to pace yourself and to make sure it won't take 8 years to complete all of the content from an undergrad degree. One benefit of self learning is that you can push things back if a particular week is really hard, but even then, the majority of the time you're still going to have to meet those deadlines.
If you want to learn programming, it's definitely possible to get a job without getting a degree but it's so much harder than just going to uni for it. A good amount of doors will be closed to you and you have to work hard to prove to employers that you're worth hiring without any previous job experience. A lot of fields aren't like that and people will just throw your resume in the trash if you don't have a degree. If you're passionate enough about a field, making it through the stress of college is worth it as long as you won't drown in debt after you graduate (which a lot of people don't take into account enough).

>have not worked at all on a project due in a week
>Would like to finish by monday so i could study for finals
>Might not even do it, would still get a B but fuck with my gpa
What do boys?

Attached: 1510169987435.jpg (1411x2116, 151K)

>UK
>2nd year
>failed 2 modules at Christmas
>summer resit maximum failed modules is 3
>deadline for 2 modules tomorrow
>cried for the first time in years in my shower for an hour yesterday
>nowhere near done, would be impossible to complete both in time
>2 exams i haven't studied for next week
>almost certainly going to fail the year
>need to go to student support and ask them what my options are
>might take a gap year if possible and then decide to either drop out or resit
>tempted to just drop out and learn programming myself

Attached: 1516925664113.jpg (1280x1381, 152K)

Got rejected from a university I really wanted to transfer to. I'm really upset about this. I have a 3.87 GPA, a ton of extracurricular activities, and I'm even a minority. With all this I still didn't get in. There's only one more place I have to hear from, and they're even harder to get into than the one I got rejected from. I guess it's off to the local college everyone else goes to.

I hate people like you so much. desu senpai orgi.

Adding to this
I also got letters of recommendation by alumni from the university.

What job should I shoot for when I inevitably have to drop out because mom won't take my shit anymore? What jobs can you get with only a high school degree?

Attached: 1496003408481.jpg (1170x923, 63K)

>off to uni in september
>not even stem so considering not to

Iktf
Got a B in calc 2 and was too afraid of calc 3 to even try

Anybody else get pissed off when your parents ask/complain to you about not having a gf or a solid job?

Chewing my ear off about why I can't get one or why I don't have a good job never helps

Attached: 1519594579394.jpg (576x923, 65K)

Mom asking about gf is when the suicidal thoughts REALLY kick in for some reason.

Anyone here going to/attending Cambridge?

Would it kill them to mind their own fucking business for a change?
I'm not 12 I'm 24 year old jfc

Attached: 1478306396093.jpg (540x810, 39K)

>tfw wanted to be a scientist
>probably have shit IQ and no discipline and going to end up like dad instead

Attached: 1522017235002.jpg (619x453, 26K)

>Going to get 2 A+'s and 2 flat A's
>Only 1 more exam left and it's going to be easy as fuck
>God tier schedule for my final semester
>Got accepted to be part of a research professor's lab
Just took a class with him and shot him an email during registration and laid my real intentions out on the table (Lab skills so I can get into graduate school)
>Actually have a shot at graduate school
Step it up lads.

Attached: 8cffed9f3c9cd9eeb5f29fac6f4a3164.gif (470x480, 487K)

Honestly I really don't feel like university is a place for smart people (bar the top universities)

Its just people adamant they need a degree to do well in life or people doing an easy degree for the parties and campus life and fear of missing out

Step it up into being a lab rat cuck doing meaningless 'research' for some no name professor? No thanks. Good job though dude, you're really 'making it'!

No you don't. Writing thesis after thesis is pure suffering.

Imagine being a butthurt drop out like this faggot.

is dad an engineer?

Attached: choose-1-franco.jpg (510x476, 26K)

He works at a warehouse putting small plastic rings into plastic bags.

Feeling shit because of exams soon that I'm underprepared for.
Also having constant anxiety about the thought I might have betrayed my gf.
Girl I'm friends with on my course, who's kinda flirty, came back with a few others after a night out for 'afters'. They all left and it was just me and her, nothing happened but we fell asleep and when I woke up we were cuddling like a couple. Both felt awkward and I know no one will ever find out.
Still guilty as fuck though which is not what I need right now.

>have done no work on my thesis for 2 days
fuck I'm slacking, although I'm not doing that bad so far. Need to pick up the pace though

I know that feel.
I'm a virgin at 20. Never bothered me. I simply don't care. I'd rather sit comfy in my room studying some physics then bothering with the effort to woo a women. They seem a boring bunch. Every so called Instagram girl who goes travelling or some other so called hobbies is extremely boring in person.

This is a shot in the dark but do any anons itt have knowledge about French Cinema? I have a final tomorrow and I feel very lost.

Attached: 1492674363430.jpg (1280x1492, 131K)

They usually speak french just add a few words to this statement and its a guaranteed pass

Have an assignmen. Due by midnight and I don't know where to even start

Will my life be over if I fail my classes? Asking because of the feeling of dread swelling up within me. Im real fucked you guys, Im super fucked, everything is fucked, Goddamn this is my third year of college and I've never been this stressed before in my life. I was on the fucking Dean's list last semester now I dont know what I will do if I fail even one class.

>r9k
>prestigious college
uhhhhhh

what do you need to know about it? The cahier du cinema was a french magazine that, along with the American film industry, invented the modern day concept of film-making. The French New Wave directors like Truffaux and Goddard are some of the most influential names on modern day cinema, noted for their break from convention in editing technique and stylization. Its also probably good to mention that the New Wave was inspired by their predecessors like Bresson

We are learning about everything but the New Wave. Do you know any blogs or related resources about French cinema? I have notes from class but I can't think of other ways to study and I really don't have the time to re-watch the 4 or 5 films we have watched since the midterm.

fuck off non brainlet

go do maths with your smart non brainlet friends

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I've been thinking about dropping out for so long and I know it's (personally) the right thing to do, but now that I've pulled the trigger I'm very scared

>week off between semesters
>get dumped and miss first day of new job
>haven't slept or eaten in like 3 days
>couldn't afford to pay all my rent
>have spent all my grocery money on booze
how do i avoid dropping out and/or killing myself
i seriously dont feel good
i dont know how to handle this

go to campus support

they will help and often have zero interest loans and financial advice for people in your situation

>tfw never see girls like this

Attached: sad bird story.png (481x368, 35K)

>school kept fucking up my paperwork when registering me for my major
>couldnt change majors the next semester because they fucked it up
>in classes i have 0 reason to be taking
>cant bring myself to care about my classes
>only care about lifting
>become gym rat
>probably going to fail out

Attached: fucking kill me.png (997x781, 488K)