Tfw i realize it actually like learning languages

>tfw i realize it actually like learning languages

Attached: 1497585572768s.jpg (250x250, 8K)

i always kind of wanted to get into languages but i dont know where to start. maybe something thats easy to learn i guess. also
>hapu
patrician taste user

learning in general is fun. I know a couple of languages myself

I love learning languages too. I actually inspired some of my friends (when I had them) to start learning when they saw my enthusiasm.

>ever having friends
why are you here?

Because I've been a NEET for 6 years, and friendless for 8. I'm pretty much a hikki at this point. I think I qualify, r-right?

try learning esperanto through duolingo.
It's pretty easy to learn and some studies say that it makes learning other european languages easier.

I fucking fell for le learning japanese meme and now I'm still stuck on those shit letters, flashcards do shit I cant remember them

Attached: 1456859814945.jpg (570x517, 76K)

Obviously you haven't learned English yet.

>Esperanto
Shit taste user, but whatever activates your almonds I guess.

I bet you had friends too but were too busy wallowing in self-pity to ever realize it you pathetic, slimy, hateful virgin. Please never buy a gun. K thanks bye

Attached: MyFaceWhen.png (666x832, 42K)

I just finished my first semester of Japanese at uni and made an A+. One thing I always do to learn anything is to explain it in one way or another. Begin with a blank hiragana chart and fill it in from memory until you can't fill in any more spaces. Come up with a way to remember which kana make which syllables, and then think about it as if you were trying to teach someone else. This method crystallizes information that you know in a clear, articulated manner. It forces you to actually learn things for the long haul, rather than brain-dumping for tests. Once you've finished doing this for every kana you know, do it for the ones you don't know. Repeat this until you can reliably fill in all of the hiragana/katakana (you don't really need to worry about most of the katakana desu). There are also some good matching games that do a similar thing to your brain as the teaching method. Make sure you do actually write the actual kana fairly often though. We often forget nowadays that the majority of our neurons are outside of the "brain" proper; associating muscle memory with the characters gives you another way to remember them that is arguably more effective.

Attached: PepeNerdBoi.jpg (250x201, 13K)

>you don't really need to worry about most of the katakana desu

Attached: 1493476075145.jpg (538x480, 125K)

You're not wrong, but I'm also speaking from the assumption that you are still beginning to learn the language. The T's, vowels, N's, S's, R's and K's show up the most when you're still learning how to form basic sentences. They aren't as high a priority as common kanji, for example.

>esperanto
>not lojban
try again

Why bother with sentences when you don't even know any of the words, much less the script they're written in? In my experience, katakana is great to start with because the words they form are usually engrish. That's a freebie you don't get with hiragana. Plus, when you misread a word (tsusutemu) and don't recognize what you just read, it's a clue to correct yourself (shisutemu, or system).

If you only learn engrish then there isn't any reason to keep learning the language unless you're a turbo-weeb. When you learn the actual language the constant question of "alright, now how do I say ___?" gives a definite goal rather than aimlessly babbling basic shit like "shisutemu" or "kore wa pen desu"

>I just finished my first semester of Japanese at uni

Attached: 1522380250544.png (756x574, 17K)

I'm only taking it because I'm trying to change my major. My current major doesn't require a language credit, so I never took the Modern Language Placement Test. Now I need two 2000 level credits and can't take any other languages than Japanese or Chinese. It's pretty fucked t b h

Attached: PepeToddler.jpg (460x676, 81K)

Now I may be wrong because I've never taken a Japanese class, but I know pretty well that katakana is not only useful but necessary.

I said "to start with". We're talking the absolute first steps of Japanese. has learned little or no kana. Learning katakana first will not make you an EOP. No slippery slope here. I'm not even gonna mention how you said katakana "wasn't necessary" as if loanwords and wasei-eigo don't make up like 1/8th of the language.

Attached: spl.jpg (620x543, 172K)

I didn't say "katakana is not necessary to learn", but to "not worry about katakana" *right now*. It's better to learn katakana as you learn the language itself, not before. Just my opinion.

Don't learn a language just because it's "easy".
Learn a language you will enjoy learning.
There is no other way, it takes too much time.