From 170759270: IMPOSSIBLE TO GET AN INTERVIEW

Let's continue gentlemen. It was getting kinda interesting.

Attached: jobhunt.jpg (800x800, 152K)

Bump for visibility

bump your ass faggot

Job- the thing millions of adults do daily, their entire lives, even though they might hate it- because they love and support their families.

Named after a Biblical book/character?

Attached: 1499565112498.jpg (1277x718, 433K)

Sorry, but I decline your edgy game. The subject seemed interesting, at least for some of us.

Sure, and his main virtue was patience. That says it all

In Spain? Don't you guys have like a 30% unemployment rate?

It’s not impossible. Don’t give up.

Yeah but boomers can be blamed for that. These old fucks are holding onto jobs that should be done by teenagers and young adults.

Also, come here if you can speak English fluently and have a skilled degree/job training.

Boomers had it good because all of the useful countries were destroyed during ww2. We exported to those countries so we had extra job. Now we are importing more than we are importing because the world is more stable. Ww3 would be good for the USA.

Pre Industrial Revolution, weren't we all just pretty much neets that chilled on our parents/grandparents farm? Seems cozy.

Start a business and hire only polacks

If the HR person is a woman, do not get your hopes up at all. Been declined several times for positions I am more than qualified for, very likely even on of the best applicant they ever had for that position.Always the same reason "Not fitting in our team". I came to the conclusion that this is basically a code word for "You are a white male, fuck off". I always got instantly hired or at least interviewed by males and non-HR people (People who actually work in the field). The most recent job I did not get was not even filled after 6 months or so, because they probably could not get a competent woman in tech. ( I later found out that the HR was super leftist boomer scum).

>mfw a Boomer gives you the golden advice of marching into a workplace with strong eye contact and a firm handshake

Fuck off with that bullshit, grampa. This only worked back in the day when all application processes were done on-paper and in-person. Nowadays, the only place where you can even do this is for min-wage jobs at mom&pop shops. Boomers have this mindset that things still work this way, especially because in their time, it was normal for someone to spend their entire lifetime working at the same job they got right out of school. They were actually able to just do that whole "foot in the door" thing when they were 18-21, and then work their way up the corporate ladder and build a real career out of it. Couldn't be further from the truth now.

Now if you try that shit you just get told to fuck off and do the generic online application like everyone else, and don't you dare think you can "cheat the system" by sweet-talking anyone beforehand.

And don't even get me started on how fucking cancerous HR is. An entire "profession" consisting of make-work for catladies because if they didn't hire women and stuff them in these useless positions, they'd get sued for unequal employment.

Attached: pepe rage.jpg (591x590, 79K)

Same here. There have been several times I've given a 10/10 performance in my interview with the manager/director/boss/whoever, and practically been told I'm hired, just for me to get some bullshit from HR a week later over email telling me I'm not the right person for the job. And what other reason could it possibly fucking be other than being a straight/white/male? Not like HR even knows anything else about me when they're not the ones actually performing the interviews.

Write thank you notes after an interview. Hand-deliver if necessary. If you should type the note, sign it.

Always wear a white dress shirt and a conservative-designed/color tie with a blazer/suit. A decent suit isn't cheap but you can buy one at a good price and have it altered for pennies on the dollar.

Do not discuss money unless they ask about it. If they give an offer, ask if they have a relocation allowance.

On your resume, tailor it to what YOU CAN DO AND OFFER THE ORGANIZATION. Sell your skills to the organization. Research the organization this way so you know how to market yourself.

It's not even that. If they want to hold onto a good gig, why stop them? It's like younger pilots bitching about the older folks holding onto their jobs too long even though pilots are in demand. Keeping the job isn't an issue, the issue is this global elite that has completely fucked us

ALSO

In the meantime, find work. Work at a bar, retail store, whatever you have to do to show the employer that you're at least working and making money.

Yep, BIG unemployment. And BIG underground economy too (an estimated 18%GDP) People evade taxes and work "under the counter". That, and the hard work of our fathers is what is supporting the country (let's remember that in Iran, a tightly police controlled state, when unemployment rates hit 12% revolts broke off)

For sure I would go to the US. Right now. My English is fairly good (that's an understatement, I have a C2 EQF in it), my French is okey, and I hold a MEng Civil Engineering degree. But. Spanish degrees are not recognised by The Washington Accord. So, no EIT chance, and no PE chance for me there (which is expected for any entry level job I could aspire there). Not to mention getting a green card. Yes, it would be great, and I have friends working there as Civ Eng. But if you do not go with an Spanish firm, your chances of success are scarce. The same happens in Canada. And in the UK, with Brexit incoming, prospects are not good.

Anyhow, let's keep on dreaming, while awake. And be thankful that the small business I own keeps on going. Thank God.

so you're going on a shooting spree to the places that didn't hire you? I'll make popcorn.

fuck off we're full. anglosaxons only!

Bullshit, I'm 34 and I got a job the day after I filled out a paper application, based on my demeanor and confidence, as an electrical foreman. Fuck off with your low test nonsense

never EVER work for a place where you get interviewed by someone other than your boss!

broke: shooting up workplaces that don't hire you
woke: assassinating targeted boomers in higher positions who refuse to retire, thus freeing up advancement in the company and allowing higher availability of entry-level positions

Attached: nigga be smart n shit fam.jpg (504x415, 27K)

I bet you a couple quid it would take you some effort to distinguish me from an anglosaxon.

Take your 2008 ass advice and shove it up your ass.

professional catladies and their high paid office hijinx is a major contributor to jobs going overseas. the labor savings are mitigated by shipping costs, but there's a massive reduction in insurance costs since there won't be any civil rights lawsuits in china.

I am not in engineering, so I have no idea. However, a true bilingual is very valuable here. Best of luck

I'll take a Med over a modern Brit anyday

>never EVER work for a place where you get interviewed by someone other than your boss!
This.
Every time I got hired I was interviewed by the boss and one of the department managers. I even cold called a CEO one time, to ask if I am still considered for the job. Got hired 1 minute later. The CEO was still quite the cunt and I had to quit after nearly a year.

Look at business jobs here, especially sales if you are personable.

My sincerest thanks. I will write that about bilinguality down in big bold letters. Sounds like a good piece of advice.

Best luck.

>trade job
>thinks corporate jobs work the same way
Kek I wish they hired like the trades did. They do it right. Usually men hiring you, giving you a chance, and being generally fair. Any jobs with college degrees go through an online application with hundreds of applicants, a resume scan, the quota filter, the 3 interviews, then the drug test/background check, followed by the 3 month probation, followed closely by lol whoops we need to reduce payroll for shareholders, and you're either a) too young and inexperienced, b) too old with too much salary, or c) someone we can replace with HB-1/illegals.

what fields are you all in, generally?

Attached: hotjew.jpg (1925x1280, 225K)

We need a solution for the HR problem...

I will. Have been in sales since I was young. Truly thankful

without giving too much away, medical

Wanted to get Moor blacked than you already are? That's kinda weird chaim

IT, mostly development and design.

Stay poor and collect welfare you pleb.

Honestly the neets here would probably be making the equivalent of 60-90k in the 70s right now if they grew up in that time. Structural and frictional unemployed coupled with discouraged workers (i.e. those who gave up) has really done a number on this generation.

All you need is a firm handshake and some grit to make it in this world, OP. Hang in there and put your nose to the grindstone.

Attached: 1518189455941.jpg (300x277, 35K)

bump.

>Structural and frictional unemployed coupled with discouraged workers (i.e. those who gave up) has really done a number on this generation.
In other words, laziness.

You're just full of bad advice, huh.

>Get into interviews
>Do well
>Speak intelligently and clearly while outlining how I would do the job
>Always get turned down because of lack of practical experience
How can I even get experience if no one will let me get experience? I'm not even trying to get management positions or any kind of high end job, I'm only looking at ENTRY LEVEL jobs.

Attached: DARLING.jpg (429x429, 34K)

>Be me
>USMC veteran
>Bachelor's in business, focused in finance, marketing, management
>Lots of leadership experience
>Extremely smart
>9/10 for looks, fairly fit

Can't find a job to save my life.. only thing available these days that I come across are bullshit insurance sales pyramid scheme shits... or minimum wage. What's the trick? I'll go back to military as an officer if I have to but that's absolute last resort.

same.

>the generic online application like everyone else
man I hated that shit.
>Hi are you hiring?
>Please fill out an application online sir
>Is the hiring manager available
>Sir you need to fill out an online application

Sure, we all agree on that. Satanical programs parsing Cvs, catladies expecting you to "fit" in a team (of course it's important, but a team is not a "gang" where you have to be accepted, a team is an alive entity which can grow, not resign to stagnation), group dynamics games, tests of all type...is All that economical effort worthy? Because that is a product, cleverly sold by powerpointers and brainminglers to companies. Useful? Only the smoke sellers, self help book writers and "influencers" who belong to this times of "goodism" know.

entry level is a lie.

I actually got my first retail job by walking in wearing a suit and handing in my resume and introducing myself in as charming a manner as I could. 4 years later and I'm running my own retail store in the same industry.

>it always comes back to Ike's Prophecy
Kojima is just an Eisenhower LARPer

Dude, go federal government. Ex-military is always preferred for employment

Same here. My career field is inherently sort of managerial in its nature, in the sense that I'd be in a boss capacity in addition to my actual duties. And I have plenty of experience in the field, but only as an underling, intern, and that sort of thing. No fucking shit I don't have any practical experience in a managerial role when I've only just recently graduated. But at the same time, I keep getting rejected for having no experience being the boss.

I'm stuck in a catch-22 here.

>show up to retail in a suit
>be damned to retail for eternity
point proven?

I'm getting fucking passed up by CHILDREN these days man. LA is Gomorrah.

If you define "paying other people to make money for me" as a damnation, then sure thing bucko.

I'm kind of surprised you're having that much trouble finding a job. Most employers look pretty positively on Military experience, especially leadership positions.

>What do you mean you do not want to work as a unpaid intern for a year to get experience.
> Work another year for free you lazy millennial! Think about that recommendation you get from us!
>Don't wan to work for three years unpaid? You are ungrateful! After all we did for you the last 2 years...Recommendation? Forget about it!

lol mods are still and forever will be massive faggots

whats an easy job for a robot? I need something with minimal social contact as I get overwhelmed easily desu

I swear pol mods are absolute fucking faggots.

The worst part. I did do an unpaid internship for a year as part of my schooling. I guess it's not good enough.

If you are not a complete retard, try online jobs.(Freelance, do not for get to pay your tax)
I heard Lionbridge is relatively ok.
Or try to build a business ( dropship, apps etc.)

it doesnt matter, we never get past the interview

I did too. A lot of companies think that those kind of internships do not take any effort and do not count. Everything is so fucked...

I'm in a military town, lots of veterans perhaps... can't get an interview with Gov't contractors to save my life.

This thread has lost a lot of its original taste making all of us and our posts anonimous entities. I suppose this is the spirit of this board.

>can't talk about the state of the job market without getting kicked off the board

the absolute fucking state of Jow Forums. Yeah, this needed to be removed but all the "is X white" threads, Qanon LARP threads, and other weak b8 and shill threads all get to stay.

Attached: rippetoe come on.png (434x341, 156K)

Internships. A recent case I read in the city I live. A gigantic Chinese holding has a branch here. The were looking for a B. In Business with 2 years minimum experience. Duties: develop presentation material on financial matters to the project managerial area. English compulsory. Pay: 300 euros per month and...(hold on to your seats) free coffee, free Toastmaster membership, and to top it all...FRUIT!!!THEY PAID YOU WITH FREE FRUIT!!! AS IF YOU BELONGED TO A ZOO!!!Obnoxious, insulting and degrading.

>unpaid internship
>2 years minimum experience necessary

Please be a meme. As if the entry level jobs requiring years of experience wasn't bad enough.

Attached: retarded pepe magnifying glass.jpg (657x527, 24K)

OP, you should work a minwage slave job while you plan your next move. Don't get your hopes up unless you know ppl, or you work in IT.

Fuck the mod that moved this. The policies that create and determine the economics of the work force and job market are intrinsically tied together. The culture which establishes the supply and demand of many products is also heavily tied to the public perception that shapes policy. This isn't a pity party thread, it's an a discussion and advice one. If anything it should have been moved to Jow Forums
Fuck yourself.

do you guys have a facebook or some social media? if someone googles your name, can they find anything?

i try to keep my name off everything. i put my entire facebook on private, and just logged off pretty much forever. i don't even have a linkedin

how important is linkedin?

i've heard from some career recruiters that linkedin can be a make or break. sometimes they will look to see if ur profile up to date, ur engaged, and even following their company and industry... with that being said, i imagine it only matters for executive positions.. director, vice president, etc etc... there's no way a fat lazy HR cunt is gonna spend more than 10 sec per resume looking into someone's background. at best maybe a facebook search to see if ur ugly but there's no way to determine which "John Smith" is the one on the job application.

entry level means entry pay, the first steps into their company, it doesn't mean they'll take every retard that wants a job without experience

Thats what they do user. They tend to hire teenagers so they dont have to pay them as much

Logically, I've never understood the importance of linkedin. The information on your profile is essentially just your CV. I get that linkedin is useful for networking and finding people looking to hire, but if you're already an applicant somewhere, they already have your CV. If they were to google your name and look at your linkedin profile, it'd be all the same fucking info you've already given them.

>Fill out job apps online
>NOBODY WILL HIRE ME
>Guess I'll give up and play more vidya
>MOM I TRIED OK

yeah, just gotta walk right up to the manager, look him straight in the eye, give a firm handshake, and ask for that job!

Are you speaking out of experience, user?

People I know. Family, girlfriend's family. That's really all it takes.

How do you think it feels to get a paycheck?

Attached: 1521247560473.png (746x512, 99K)

Yeah, I'm sure that even for the most basic of jobs employers would recruit a complete autist who has no job experience and would be more of a liability than a useful employee. Some people are just fucked for life.

Ya, they would. Companies like walmart hire actual downs retards to stock shelves.

>job thread
It took me about six months of trying but I was finally able to stumble onto a job. Unfortunately it's a part time day job which I barely make any money from, so I need a second job to help me get by. What are some evening/night jobs for robots? I don't have a car so I can't deliver pizzas or Uber.

if you're in some shitty field that anybody can do, chances are employers will pick and choose based upon completely arbitrary HR bullshit (aka you'll be not minority, female, good looking or socially outgoing enough). they're also jobs you don't want since they probably also pay like shit anyway.
look for either 1. employers are desperate for talent and you can do better than everyone else if you're autistic enough (ie. web development) 2. some shit that nobody wants to do (ie. oil rig worker or sewage shit) 3. try some sort of entrepreneurial pursuits. you don't have to worry about being hired or fired if you're the boss.

Attached: 1486946603630.png (500x497, 118K)

What happens when you're a complete retard with no experience whatsoever but somehow wind up in a managerial position?

Hr is just to make sure that you are a managable slave.
Technical to see if you are a capable slave.
Probation just to make sure you don't fuck them up before they pay for your insurance.

Once you work 2 years you will find your resume is worth looking at, 10 and you can walk in and slam your dick on the table and ask what you want. Given that you are not mentally retarded.

Are you retarded? We don't get hired because the nepotism of boomers, so we can't just work for 2 years

No one "can't get a job", you haven't even bothered to apply for any jobs.
If you're too lazy to just learn a skill you deserve to be poor.
It's so easy if you're just confident. Literally just be yourself you pathetic inums (involuntarily unemployed).
(I don't like to have to explain jokes but if I don't you'll think I'm serious, I'm actually making fun of normalfags talking about incels.)

If you deliver newspapers I think you're usually using a company car since it should have the drivers seat on the opposite side.

It's funny how most people tend to be egalitarians when it comes to economics, but then go full randian objectivist social darwinist when it comes to sexual market value.