What was your SAT score? Mine was 1960 (out of 2400). My math score dragged me down

What was your SAT score? Mine was 1960 (out of 2400). My math score dragged me down

Attached: sat+race+income+1995[1].png (400x241, 45K)

Not great cause I always feel I could have done better, especially cause I got a proportionally better score on the ACTs.

I took mine twice, and got way better on the second one.

None, I dropped out

Never taken the SAT, but I was forced to take the PSAT my sophomore year and got a score of 840/1600. I'm supposed to be smart according to this chart, I'm not.

Asian male, 70k+ income bracket
2200 / 2400
Currently junior in uni with 2.1 GPA

what does V stand for, vomen?

With you there user.

Attached: 2017-06-05 13_35_20-Ed Edd n Eddy One + One = Ed - YouTube.png (707x707, 702K)

1350, back when the max was 1600.

1390 SAT
32 ACT

Never stepped foot on a college campus or even applied to one. Did pic related instead(98 ASVAB).

Attached: 1482936486226.jpg (1330x800, 822K)

I didn't take them. Did you have to like, register to take them or did schools just give them like the regular standardized tests?

2300 / 2400 and 36 on ACT. Naturally good at math so I didn't need to study as much. I did no decent extracurriculars though so I didn't get into any Ivys and am going to a state university

it stand for w*men, yes

Nah Ive taken it a million times and 1440/1600 is my top score :( I got 34 on the ACTs tho so thats cool.
M is math and V is verbal, took me a while to get that one too.

2180 in 2009. Then I dropped out of highschool my senior year.

2170 / 2400. Felt I did alright but thought I shoulda done better. Probably shoulda prepped more.

2220. Pretty good but I suck at writing so I got a bunch off on the essay.

2380/2400, National Merit Finalist

Asian, I studied since 8th grade for it.

oldfag. 1460/1600 on the old SAT test. even 730/730 split on the old math/english sectors.

31/36 overall ACT. (I took both tests as it was the done thing in my case). Breakdown on this one was something like 31 pure math, 31 english 1 bit, 32 english 2 bit, 28 reading science charts.

I took each test exactly once. Because I was satisfied with the results in each case, I didn't bother retaking either one. In the ACT's case, IIRC I had the possibility to improve my score with no risk via a retake, whereas with the SAT if I posted lower on a retake I would have dragged an average down or somesuch. Not worth my time.

I spent a little time studying in advance shortly before each, but not much. I think I got one booklet for each one and did practice for a few days, but I didn't stress about it. Also IIRC certain of the vocabulary questions are in fact "wrong" or can validly be construed to be one over the other. It's a preference/subjective thing on certain of those.

In high school, I had a female friend, my last one really (reeeee gtfo) who got a perfect 800 English section on the SAT, but who hated math yet still managed a middling 500+ there. She succumbed to cancer about a year after graduation. Another acquaintance apparently got a 35/36 ACT and got into Yale. I used to sit at the "classy nerd" table with the girl and the Yale guy's younger brother near the front of the HS in the morning. Now that I think of it, this was the first group of people I interacted with after getting to school right as 9/11 was happening (I'd seen it on news and told them).

If I get a nice (You) I will blogpost about my oldfag day of high school when 9/11 was actually happening.

My mummy managed that sort of thing but I think they're administered by private entities, independently of (but in communication with) the American public education system.

fellow oldfag here(not quite as old as you i was in 8th grade when 9/11 happened). I'm I enjoyed your blogpost.

You didn't actually ask me to talk about how my personal 9/11 went down but it was a nice (You) so I'll take that as licence. Here is an oldfag robot's IRL 9/11 day. I think this should be generally entertaining:

>Central Standard Time (DST?!?!), midwest America
>17 years old, just starting senior year of high school
>maintain early morning paper route throughout HS for spending money on weeaboo shit and sodas and so forth
>5am-~7am: do my paper route, go home and take my short teen nap before mummy drives me the few blocks to school on her own short commute
>~7:45: start stirring, dad's in parent's bedroom watching TV, I have an angle on the screen from my bed, shit is going down. the Today show feed IIRC. I climb down from bunk bed and understand what's going on, second plane goes in
>I actually remember hearing something in the news from a year or two before about bin laden and the Cole in yemen, I do in fact surmise that this is who was responsible before the news gets onto same. I remember my own anticipation of this very well and feeling smart for having had an idea of who it was supposed to have been right away
>I also remember very well the image of the fat Palestinian sow in thick glasses dancing in the streets, so I know Trump was basically right about that one the entire time
>~8:00: mummy takes me to school
>~8:30: inform the classy nerd table of what I've just seen on the television, some didn't know yet

The school day was interesting. The adults were shook and we basically just hung out in school all day and were kept safe and didn't really learn anything apart from history of course. I had four periods and lunch: first period might have been psychology or something else, I forget. First or second period was like a world history class with a state legislator who was a good teacher with lots of cool stuff in his room, he was a good teacher. We just chatted and listened to the radio and such. lunch, cont.

What did you end up doing with your life?

I was EST so I was already at school when it happened. I went to a stupid catholic k-8 school and they didn't even tell us what was happening or watch any news or anything. We just went about our day as usual but the teachers seemed visibly shaken. Around 10:30-11 AM a bunch of kids started getting signed out of school by their parents. By the end of the day there were only like 1/2 of the kids left in my class and the rest of us figured out that something weird must be going on. My mom picked me up from school at 3 looking like a ghost. She told me what was happening on the car ride home. I joked around about it while I played my GBA and didn't grasp the seriousness of it until i got home and saw the clips on TV. My dad was an f18 pilot in the Air Force at the time and he spent the next 4 days doing rotating patrol cycles over our state and couldn't leave base until the 20th.

cont. I was more of a moralfag at the time and so I was offended by some kid suggesting that the whole situation was kind of funny. Oh no, how dare you, I thought.

Third period was maybe physics, more doing nothing and chilling in the classroom and listening to the radio. Teacher was kind of a dick (I hated him freshman year) but I was rediscovering interest in STEM so I made myself take that class despite him. Actually a woman researcher talked about a neutrino telescope in Antarctica one time in his classroom another time when I wasn't in it, so I begged off of Spanish to go sit in on that, it was a good talk.

The fourth period was the interesting one. It was precalculus in this windowless room, and the lesson was actually given. God bless autistic math people for ignorning the rest of the world (I later got a math degree). It always struck me how this one class went down completely as normal, without any regard for Muh History. I hold the teacher to have been based on that alone. Wish I could remember his name.

~3:00pm I walked home (only a few blocks away) and went in my room and saturated myself in media. TV, radio, and internet all at once (the parents had very recently made the foolish mistake of installing the family's first internet-PC in my bedroom because they didn't want it uglying up the first floor, FAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAP). In fact, I think I masturbated in the mid-afternoon at some point and thought it was weird to be doing it today.

~5:00pm Mom came home from work, and at some point, the local podunk paper ran an Extra on the whole business. Dinner, bed. Such was my personal 9/11 for any who care to read my blogpost.

It's a long, sad, sordid normalfag story, full of failures, but with beats to which robots can relate. You don't want to hear it. Turn back.

I got 1320 of 1600. Math dragged me down too

Well isn't this just a high-powered normiefag upbringing, kek.

No I'm just fucking with you. Were you along the DC/Boston powerbelt or elsewhere? Interesting story bro, sorry you went to catholic school.

>Were you along the DC/Boston powerbelt or elsewhere?

I was in Florida. I actually liked the catholic school. It was an expensive private school so it was like 95% well mannered white kids. It was much better than the shitty public schools in the area filled with spics (FL had the 49th ranked public school system back then).

Okay yeah I can see that, but now I feel much luckier than you in that I went to high school in a white, culturally protestant part of the world, meaning that I neither had to put up with catholic educational bullshit, nor with racial diversity in the schoolyard leading to above-average beatdowns of whites by nonwhites.

I once had a friend, back when I had friends, who would also be wistful of his catholic upbringing. He's an atheist of course, as this is what catholic education naturally produces, but he was "culturally" catholic. Similar sort of thing.

Comparing yourselves to others is why you're here in the first place.

1200/1600

i went to an shitty inner city high school attended by animals who made education of any kind impossible, i'm still somewhat proud of my score all things considered

> I feel much luckier than you in that I went to high school in a white, culturally protestant part of the world,

I experienced that as well. Like i said my dad was in the Air Force so we moved every 2-3 years. I lived in Iowa and southern Illinois and went to public schools in each place. When we lived in FL (grades 6-8 for me) was when my dad refused to put me and my brothers through the public schools there. The catholic school was the only decent school within a 30 minute drive of our house so I ended up there by circumstance(my family wasn't / isn't catholic)

2020/2400 no prep and with a 101 degree fever
I'm black too and used to have class with a Jow Forumstard who was visibly shook when I scored 300 points over him.

Asian male, 680 V and 600 M, I think my family's income bracket at the time was $30-40k, I got free lunch either way. Didn't study at all aside from a SAT practice test my school offered for all seniors.

All told, I regret not studying harder and doing better in school (I had a 2.2 overall GPA).
>mfw Cal State - Sacramento, Oregon State, and USF all rejected me.

Attached: 1439731251856[1].jpg (768x876, 84K)

I think I got over 700 M and over 500 V. Math may have been 750 or a 790. The 790 may have been the math SAT 2 subject test.
I was NOT good at the whole reading thing.
Family income was definitely over 100k, and my current income at 22 is about 90k pre-tax without benefits.
I'm a white dude.

max points but I failed at life

having been to an Ivy for grad school before dropping out after a semester, you're not missing much...

i'm reversed for math and reading. I got a 730 on reading and a 580 on math.

>I had a 2.2 GPA

That's not even funny user. APPLY YOURSELF

1670 out of 2400. Came as a surprise to me since I hadn't studied or taken a practice test or even did anything in high school besides attend classes. Might have been a fluke, but apparently the writing portions carried me well enough. Maybe if I actually put in effort in high school I'd be doing something with my life, I didn't even do homework and just barely made it forward through the years on D-F grades - tests only amounted for enough to let me pass the year, but not enough to keep me from flunking high school, apparently. I didn't even bother with the ACT since I was planning on killing myself on graduation day.

>tfw too brainlet to be one of those overachieving asian kids on a California campus

I got a 1950 out of 2400 I think. Studied my ass off before cuase my psat results were really bad (like

The funny thing, despite my shitty grades and lack of recommendations I still got into the third or fourth best school in my home state (I'm guessing it was a mixture of affirmative action and extracurriculars which pushed me through).

I also graduated with a 2.9 GPA in a relatively easy major (economics) and found my way into a top public grad school for my field. I don't know how I keep getting away with it.

Around 2100, I forget the breakdown, but it was more or less the same score for each section.

Britbong here, we don't do the SAT but there's literally another test called the SATS that we do at the end of Year 6 (around 5th grade I think) so every time someone mentions it I instinctively think about the other one.

blackbot btw

Didn't take one. I did take the PSAT was ~90 percentile for everything but math where I was in the high 70 percentile. I wish my mom wasn't fucked retarded and didn't shame the hell out of me for my "C in math" when I was actually really talented academically. I had no idea until after I gave up on life and dropped out of college. I had no idea, if only someone taught me how to be a student.

But you're still here...why?

2100, total neet burnout

1480/1600 back in the day. Should have done better but my gf had just broken up with me, and I barely got any sleep the night before and was kinda drunk. Wound up becoming a total failure in life in case anyone is curious.

Can't remember my SAT but I got a 34/36 on the ACT. Got almost every multiple choice question right but the essay part of it fucked me over from getting a perfect score because 1. Writing is a load of subjective nonsense and getting a 100% on writing relies on being lucky enough to get graded by someone who absolutely loves your writing and 2. it's the last section and I was fucking done with the 4 hour test and was spewing bullshit to get it over with.

When did these tests implement a writing portion? I took them both in 2005 and didn't have to write shit.

790 on math
690 on english

so close to a perfect score on math, what a great shame.

2260, National Merit
Still got affirmative actioned out of most of my top choices obviously

Honestly should not have been a lazy fuck and actually prepared for it. Math dragged me down, had I actually studied for it I could have gotten an extra 60 points.
But realistically any score higher than around 2300 just becomes indistinguishable and is only good for br

I'm here because my phone doesn't know the difference between "vg/catalog" and "r9k". It's an old phone. I forgive it. I stayed because I'm pooping and I haven't been here in ages. You're likely correct, though. 1640/2400 took it twice and got the same score twice. I didn't study or anything, either time. I still smoked, back then, too. r9k hasn't changed much, btw.

ACT and SAT tests both had optional writing tests added in 2005. My school administered the ACT to every student for free using grant money and the test they ordered came with the essay, so I didn't have the option to not do it unless I wanted to pay for it with my own money and on my own time. Regardless, I still would have done it, because it looks bad on your record now when you take them without the written portions.

I am not the same user but I do

Oh shit looks like I got in just in time.