My life would be considerably less miserable if I could enjoy anime, but I can't enjoy anime. The cringe is too much...

My life would be considerably less miserable if I could enjoy anime, but I can't enjoy anime. The cringe is too much. Help.

Attached: 1525767223057[1].png (1119x956, 150K)

Read manga Girls last tour

Attached: 1511999130973.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

Why on earth do you believe your life would be less miserable? Do you really look at animefags and think they have it good? They are truly some of the lowest of the low in real life; on Jow Forums it's normalized but even then you can tell they are a different kind of people. You should be proud that your brain will not let you sink so low as to enjoy anime.

Watch Gurenn Lagann

90% of my social interactions are on Jow Forums, I don't care what the normans think.
And anime is a vast catalogue of video and graphic novel material, a bunch of games, and a lot of coping aid. I could use some of that.

I meant to write
>gurren lagann
it is a good anime

>Gurenn Lagann
Is it an anime anime? As in, fan service out the ass, every character delivering exposition in retarded speeches, even trivial fist fights being presented as universe shattering cataclysms, every display of any emotion being exaggerated as if its the catharsis to a thousand year war, and the typical archetypes being all on display?

I could sort of tolerate some of the more mainstream stuff like Samurai Champloo or Berserk because they weren't so anime.

I'm here to help OP. What anime did you try to watch?

this but make sure its subbed. the dub is 100% pure cheese cringe

Yes it is all of that turned up to 11. That's sort of the point, it is over the top.

Personally I can't fucking stand most anime but literally everyone I've asked has told me that Cowboy Bebop and One Punch Man are amazing. Haven't gotten around to watching either yet but it's worth a shot. Remember that most animefags watch anime because it's hyper-sexualized and cliche to the point of being vomit inducing. Meanwhile from what I can tell, Cowboy Bebop is just a fun adventure and One Punch Man is hilarious. Also try some non-anime cartoons, if you're a fucked up bastard with a punk rock streak in you, you'll love King Star King

Watch Gurren Lagann and draw your own conclusions. I really liked it. I also like Samurai Champloo. Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach, Soul Eater, Full Metal Alchemist, One Punch Man and I want to watch Cowboy Bebop and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

This. I hate "anime" but anime is fine. That's stuff like Ghibli movies, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Ghost In The Shell etc.

For every acceptable show, there seems to be a thousand stupid ones. How do the gooks pump out this much animation?

You should start with anime movies OP, try Paprika (anime inception), Ghost in the shell and Princess Monoko,

So whats a comprehensive list of gaijin friendly japanese cartoons?

Ghibli movies are fucking trash, kill yourself.

>Ghost in the shell and Princess Monoko
Seen these, and they were good. They seem like good old global market approved sci-fi/fantasy.

>Paprika
Have not seen that, might have a look at it.

Watch prison school and use your comedic eye.

What little I've seen of Champloo was tight as fuck, give that a try OP. Also what I've seen of Ruroni Kenshin is really dope, I got into it for a little while because my dad used to read the manga. A little slow but worth the watch.

This one's just for shits and giggles but when I was in highschool there were definitely nights where I would find myself stoned out of my mind watching Space Dandy on toonami.

>>moe anime is awful
>>non-moe anime is great
>Berserk's writer is busy not writing Berserk and indulging in Idolm@ster, one of the few franchises that are actually like what you think moe anime is like
>the second best entry in the entire Ghost in the Shell franchise is Koukaku no Pandora which you'd undoubtedly dismiss as moeshit
>Cowboy Bebop is a meme

OP, the solution to your problem is watching more anime.

Anime is awesome. You have to set aside the cringe and enjoy it. You loser.
The Reason you cringe is because you are afraid of what normies would think.

You're only cringing because it's sincere. It's sincerely trying to create something positive that will make you feel better, but you think everything has to be obscured behind insincerity, deceit, irony and pessimism, like the majority of Western media . Let that stupid shit go and just enjoy it.

Get a lobotomy maybe?

Look at this guy and tell me he wasn't having fun

this is a very bad idea, obviously do not do that

You have my condolences. I honestly have no idea what you mean by cringe. I understand how people can see someone AS cringy for watching anime but I don't think its inherently bad. Just try letting go of your reservations and get invested. Anime becomes 100x better when you just get invested in what you're watching. (Same goes for reading manga)
Just don't be a faggot that gets unironically mad at voice actors for their characters actions though. Those people are a plague. Good luck, user.

Attached: 1515643577126.png (419x398, 191K)

FUCK, I already scheduled it. Now they won't give me my money back, and its a waste to cancel.

Whenever I watch SoL anime I just get sad about all the things I missed out on. I think it's just for failed normalfags who have these experiences but want to pretend for some reason that they're outcasts.

Those are touhou fumos and they're quite expensive if they're genuine. In fact, those two in the OP pic can be worth as much as about three fourths of the contents of the package he got (assuming 32 gb ram is ~400$).

I liked it but it and Kill La Kill are very sexually progressive, I think it is done well and adds humor/flavor to the mix but if it registers to you as fanservice, don't bother with them. By contrast, and also a Trigger anime, Little Witch Academia is an example of CGDCT but it's the only one I can tolerate because it's not one-dimensional weeaboo kawaii bullshit. Otherwise you might want to go back in time to older classics like Yu Yu Hakusho, but that has a shitload of fighting/tournaments. FMAB is amazing and dubbed well but the political intrigue is convoluted, clumsy and not subtle at all. They all have their drawbacks but if you can get arround them, the end usually justifies the means.

>FMAB is amazing and dubbed well but the political intrigue is convoluted, clumsy and not subtle at all.

I've seen two versions of this story, the old one going full retard WW2 nazi in the end, and the newer one that I don't even remember the end for. It was pretty good for the most part. Not much of that "he is so embarrassed that the artist forgot how to draw" animu thing, and the tropes for the most part were universal things I get as a westerner. Manly tears and gray morality appeal to me, like with any bitter yuro guy.

If anything else but anime did this shit it would be considered hilariously bad and get laughed at universally by everyone. However when anime does it it's suddenly "pure" and great. It's the double standard that irks people because it becomes clear that the only reason people think that of anime is because of the artstyle (muh anime girls) which in turn boils down to muh dick.

Also ment to reply to

Yes, 99% of (decently talked about) anime is pure garbage fuck off /a/, generic harem tittyfest #20057899 is NOT deep.
Fret not, however, for I've got you covered.

Attached: 1509214792380.jpg (2526x3595, 1.74M)