Be me this morning

>be me this morning
>sitting in public transport
>cute girl comes up
>no available seats
>try to be polite and stand up so she can sit
>ugly old woman comes rushing in transport and jumps into the chair before the girl even realises what i did
>had to stand for 30 minutes

fuck being polite

Attached: 2015120313260946204.jpg (350x327, 22K)

You faggot, you're the perfect example of the "Nice Guy" meme. You are only nice to people if it benefits you.

>waiting for public transport
>get there first so take one of the waiting seats
>other people do the same
>seats now full
>people create a line
>bus arrives
>get out of seat and stand at the front of the line
>old bitch tells me to go to the back of the line
>tell her i was here first and to fuck off
>get on bus
>I get a seat
>old bitch has to stand

Attached: 1521606422157.png (537x538, 693K)

most of the old people in my country are fucking assholes

It seems youre keeping the tradition alive then

Fuck boomers, you did the right thing

>You are only nice to people if it benefits you.
So, basically everyone.
It's incredible that the hypocrisy of current society is only an issue when the maligned outcasts of said society are the ones engaging in it. I don't see you being particularly concerned with whores on instagram posing with beggars for likes after giving them a few bucks. At least this guy is honest about his intentions, rather tan hiding behind a series of pious banalities.

I just used to wear earbuts and a ballcap, which I'd pull down low. Old fucks and pregnant women will only try and guilt you into standing up if they can make eye contact and talk to your face, so don't let them.

owned
it is ironic. stacy can chase chad without anyone blinking an eye, soon as an outcast does something nice for stacy he is seen as creepy and opportunistic
>ewww it is a nice guy

This. You're the reason why chivalry is dead. It sucks that you couldn't impress the girl but you should still be happy knowing that you helped an old lady. And this is coming from a guy who does massive amounts of cocaine. Kys.

>Oooh i helped an old lady oahh.
So what? Whats the point of being nice to ppl who you will never see again? Grannies only get on the bust to go to the market and then they only sit around the house for the rest of the day. A 10 minute standing wont hurt anyone.

You're mean and this is why nobody will fuck you. Be nice to old people you twat.

Unless of course they're shitty. Then kick them down a flight of stairs. My point is, assume they're deserving of your charity until they prove otherwise. At that point you're within your right to fuck with them.

Jow can i detect if an old people is nice in under 5 minutes a spend with them on the bus? And again I wont ever see them again so they cant be nice with me if i qas nice to them, pointless really. I payed the full price, i was there first so i get to choose from the empty seats.
Tell me how many times you benefited from giving your seat to others? You got your knob slobbed? You got a candy or even a friendship?

You don't do nice things because it benefits you. You do nice things because you'd appreciate it if somebody did the same for you. If more people were like this then none of us would be here. Search your heart, robot. You know I'm right.

Attached: atlas-felt.jpg (1383x1600, 304K)

>Tell me how many times you benefited from giving your seat to others? You got your knob slobbed?

Isnt that exactly what OP was hoping for when he gave up his seat for the qt?

>You're the reason why chivalry is dead
gee, I wonder who could be behind this post

Attached: 1525544045876.gif (312x250, 1.9M)

>s-she w-would've fucked me, I gave up my seat! she'd be w-wet in an instant and would i-invite me to her place
Wut

Thats a whole lot of assumptions you made there. Also i dont think making an anonymous post on the internet equates to having honest intentions.

>You're the reason why chivalry is dead.
One person interacting within the framework of an individualized, atomized society that has reduced all human interaction to genderless cost-benefit analyses is the reason why a system based on selfless masculinity towards females is dead, and not, say, the individualized, atomized society that has reduced all human interaction to genderless cost-benefit analyses?

I do this within my own communities, friends and family and those who i am in constant contact with not randos on the street and bus. I am so distanced from people i never except them to do things for me, of course it would be nice but i rely on myself.

Wat?
I feel you there but I still feel like it's important to be kind to the elderly. At the very least you'll feel good about yourself for a day.

>You're mean and this is why nobody will fuck you. Be nice to old people you twat.
Do you understand how moronic you say that people do things for their own goals will never be able to achieve their own goals? You've just told someone that they'll never get what they want by being insincerely nice, and advocating that the best way to achieve it is by being insincerely nice.

I guess these mental gymnastics that you're undergoing right now is far more preferable to admitting the hypocrisy that you're currently displaying. Doing that may force you to analyze current society and see that all of the virtues that are being espoused are completely banal, that everyone treats everyone as a means rather than an end in a complete inversion of Kantian ideals, and that the real trick people should learn isn't in being nice, or considerate, or genuinely concerned with the welfare of others, but to mask the intentions behind your actions so well that no one can tell the difference between your sincerity and your lies?

>Thats a whole lot of assumptions you made there
It's not an assumption. It's a statement of fact. You are here castigating a man for wanting to achieve his ends through doing good things. You are not on isntagram doing the same thing against women running charity marathons with the intention of showing off their tits for followers, or rich men who pose with dogs from animal shelters in order to get women to follow him - unless you'd like to provide evidence to the contrary.

And again, I'll state my point - you are annoyed when people blatantly point out the hypocrisy of the current situation, where ideals are a cover for achieving ends, but are content with the hypocrisy itself as long as no one mentions it.

I actually applaud OP. He's honest about the current state of affairs - people treat others as an accessory to selfish pleasures. He doesn't hide behind dead platitudes that no longer have any meaning or support.

Too long. Did not read. Plz be nice to old ppl k thx bai.
Also fuck you.

>the real trick people should learn isn't in being nice, or considerate, or genuinely concerned with the welfare of others, but to mask the intentions behind your actions so well that no one can tell the difference between your sincerity and your lies

This is what I would advocate for all robots, because it's what works for the most successful. Everyone does "good things" to achieve their own ends. No one nowadays is selfless - how can you be when you will be (correctly) taken advantage of when doing it? Learn how to advertise your good deeds in a way that doesn't appear too immodest, but at the same time aren't so modest that no one will see them. God is dead now - no one is going to see your good works done in private. The only reason to do good works is so that good things happen to you - sex, respect, envy, fear. Just hide it better, cloak it in better language, be evasive like all the other competitors in the game.

Thing is you were never being polite, or else you'd have given up your chair to anyone. You had a reason to give it to this girl specifically; you were hoping to win some social capital with her. It was selfish, not polite, and it's the kind of insidious creepy selfish that masks itself as just being nice

Lol the bus as fuck

Youre assuming i don't think its also despicable when other people do similar things and post on social media. Im not even sure what you're using to differentiate OP from these other people. Furthermore you are assuming OP isnt one of the people you're talking about, why? Just because he posts here?

>Also fuck you.
You're proving my point here about why the only reason why people do good things or are nice to others is to achieve goals. You have correctly identified that I, as an anonymous poster who can not advance your status or give you good things, have no use to you. Therefore, expenditure of effort and time to do good things for me is pointless, and therefore you discard it.

I could very well be one of these old people that you're advocating niceness too - it's the fact that I'm effectively invisible and thus superfluous to you which is why you won't go to the effort to be nice to me. I offer you nothing, so you won't spend nothing.

Thanks for playing.

I do nice things for the sake of doing nice things. It has the somewhat vague goal of making me feel better, but that's secondary to making the world better for that nice thing having taken place.
For example, I sat by a broken manhole cover for 5 hours recently until it could get repaired. The goal was to stop someone falling in as it was hidden somewhat, I got nothing out of it myself except going home happy that no one had gotten hurt. I tell you this as an example, not to virtue signal, and if I had not told you here it would have stayed between me and the repair guy.
Altruism exists.

God damn you're insufferable. There's a big difference between some fagbot I'm arguing with on Jow Forums and a real life old lady I see on the subway.

What if that was your grandma, user? Wouldn't you appreciate it if somebody let her take a seat?

Attached: facepalm1.jpg (480x316, 27K)

This. Thank you. You're a true robot, brother. Knowing what it's like to get shit on should be a motivator to help other people not get shit on. You're a true robot, my guy.

>Knowing what it's like to get shit on should be a motivator to help other people not get shit on
This is exactly my motivation for doing this. I'm shit at making myself feel better but making other people feel better is relatively easy, and improves my mood in turn. I just don't like the idea of life shitting on people, myself or otherwise.
Thanks for the very nice reply fren, you seem like a good sort yourself

Attached: 1521815803855.jpg (560x373, 33K)

>There's a big difference between some fagbot I'm arguing with on Jow Forums and a real life old lady I see on the subway.

Which I've just explained to you. The user offers you nothing. Being nice to the grandmother has the chance of raising your social capital by impressing others with the implication that you're respectful and chivalrous. Being nice to the user gets you nothing, which is why you feel free to be spiteful to him.

I would say that the true test of kindness, the true ideal of compassion, is being compassionate and kind to everyone, even if they do not know or can not see you being kind or compassionate. The true test of spite, of nastiness, or individual self interest, is being nice to people when it helps you, and being cruel and nasty to everyone else, ESPECIALLY if they can't see or know you're doing it.

You have, by your posts here, proved my point, while proving that you don't really give a shit about the ideals that you claim to espouse. You advocate being nice to people when they can see it or know it, and your actions and words when you're anonymous suggest that you should be brutal and spiteful when they can't see it or know it.

You're effectively doing everything that you castigate the OP for, but you're far worse, because you're a hypocrite which - as the ancients knew - is the sin that is most punished in the afterlife. I would make an allusion to Dante's Eight Circle of Hell, but seeing from your posts that you seem incapable of reading anything that doesn't immediately pertain to your benefit, I think such a reference will be wasted.

>What if that was your grandma, user? Wouldn't you appreciate it if somebody let her take a seat?
What if I am a grandma? Doesn't that invalidate your entire point, that you're only willing to help me and be nice to me in person when it could help your social standing, but are willing to insult me online when doing so has zero repercussion.

I'm not male so I'd make that bitch stand. old women are really mean to young women.

>This is exactly my motivation for doing this. I'm shit at making myself feel better but making other people feel better is relatively easy
And this is why you will remain a robot. You are doing a nice, selfless thing... and because we live in a current society where every interaction is based on a cost-benefit analysis, you are allowing yourself to be abused. Alturism, a noble goal that in any good society would be encouraged for it's own good, is now encouraged to suckers so that they can do selfless from which successful, more selfish people can benefit.

>What if that was your grandma, user?
She would forget who I was and not know my name after 25 years even though my middle name is her name.

>And this is why you will remain a robot.
Such terms are meaningless. I have enough money for food and board, I do things I enjoy and I an more or less happy. I don't really care how you think I am in terms of robot/normie, nor do I care if society thinks I should be more selfish. Being selfish makes me unhappy and makes other people unhappy so why would I do it?
>you are allowing yourself to be abused
You know nothing about my life so you have no idea if I'm being taken advantage of or not, this is just speculating.
>more selfish people can benefit
Benefit is subjective. I benefit from being altruistic, though not in the very literal input/output cost/reward sense that you seem to allude to.

fucking based

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Its not a new thing that people fall for idealism and honor memes only to have their kindness mistaken for weakness. Our civilization is changing based on the fact that we cannot help ourselves from placing a perceived "value" on human life that is rapidly decreasing, supply and demand and all.

>actually wanting to sit on those disgusting seats
Everyone should be forced to stand on public transport.

Very bueno and you're welcome.
I'mma drop off this thread before these granny hating fags make me wanna kms. Have a pleasant Tuesday.

How telling that when presented with your hypocrisy you attempt to move the topic onto something else. You really are a disingenuous person, but we all knew that from the moment you advocated niceness to anyone who can give you something in exchange, a crime so heinous that you castigate the OP for it but quietly condone it for the successful who are more socially savvy to conceal it.

Done with you.

OP, if you take my advice - continue treating others as ends, because everyone else does. Just be better at doing it - don't make too much of a show (conversely, don't hide too much or people won't notice it and you won't achieve your ends). Observe the masters at work on facebook or instagram, the men who pose with pictures of blind dogs or hug the mentally challenged, not out of any great love for disabled animals or the unfortunates of society, but by knowing that pitching your displays of false charity to others in a particular way, you can accrue significant benefits.

where are u from user nigger

No worries fren, I'll hold the fort. You too, enjoy whatever it is you end up doing

That wasn't the same user. Calm
down goddamn.

What a bitter and jaded way of looking at the world. I hope you see the good in doing good some day friend

>"just be a sociopath bro like it's not even hard lol"
Yeah, he's a tool.

holy mother of digits check"ed

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

>digits
WHERE faggit?

>What a bitter and jaded way of looking at the world
The correct one, that everyone is already doing, just not saying out loud in public because breaking the spell jeopardizes their success.
This is the most hypocritical time in human history. Pharisees would be impressed by our level of holding up values that we should strive for, but actually only engaging in them in such an effort free way that they attract positive attention. You can either rail against it (and rail against EVERYONE committing it, instead of just sad outcasts online - but I guess that would require a level of courage that you don't have), or engage with it for your own benefit, like everyone else.

There's one in there, but also none of the posts have anything to do with one another. You post-ironic kids are so funny.

Your right - it is a sociopathic system. I didn't create it, but if you want to do well in it, you must engage in it. If you had any sense of virtue at all, rather than this faux-virtue you put on to gain selfish benefits, you'd attack the system as it exists.

I find it amusing though that you're so vicious against those who see the system, recognize it for what it is, and are actually doing a very rare act of niceness (after all, why should I help others by seeing the system for what it is? It creates competitors), and aren't being vicious towards those who are saying the same old platitudes about being genuinely nice but who aren't genuinely nice, as typified by being vicious towards those who serve them no purposes?

>if you want to do well in it
Did I ever say I did? I don't want your retarded normalfag advice and I'm sure everyone else is sick of your long winded tripe as well. fuck off retard

>The correct one
There is no absolutes when talking in subjective things like world view
I don't have a lot to say to the rest of your post as it falls down as soon as you see that not everyone thinks alike, you are just projecting your views onto the world around you.
I have no annomisity towards you but I get the impression you do towards me.
>your own benifit
I think I know what benefits me more than you, who knows me based on two posts I've made in this thread deus

>Did I ever say I did?
You clearly do if you agree with the act of being nice to old women ONLY when they're in a public place. Do you advocate leaving anonymous bags of food outside poor people's homes, delivered in the dead of night? Do you donate portions of your wage anonymously to charities? Or is the only thing that you do anonymously is post bile against other anonymous people that you're very sure will being nice to will gain you zero net benefit?

>There is no absolutes when talking in subjective things
So why are you advocating an absolute system of morality which says "be nice to everyone"? Note - advocate, because you're clearly not practicing it.

I'm not the user you were speaking to originally and I do practice it, see as an example.
I never advocated such a moral system either. I just feel it best for myself. I only went so fat as to say thinking there is no altruism is jaded and bitter, and I stand by that. That is all I have asserted.

>You clearly do if you agree with the act of being nice to old women ONLY when they're in a public place.
No I am and so I understand all of this already. I am not a sadistic fuck who manipulates people just for gains but I'm also no saint and I won't be a victim. If anything I am spiteful to my own detriment.

Newfag detected
Kys.

jeezus this place is redd.it

Completely the opposite. reddit is the perfect example of everything that I am saying. On there, users aren't anonymous, they've have online social capital that they competitively seek to increase. Everything they say and do is pitched in order to increase that social capital, and the most successful users are the ones who pitch their comments perfectly to the prevailing social mores. There, everyone is nice to everyone (except, of course, the people who not being nice to gets you more social capital), because niceness is rewarded by an increase in social capital.

Here, there is no benefit to being nice, and you can see that when your in a forum where there is no reward for niceness and no repercussions for not being nice, very few people are nice and everyone is honest.

I went to post the picture that explained the upvote system. But I don't post in the company of others.

This. Additionally
>giving up your seat for some random roastie because omg cute grrrrrl
You are the perfect example of a thirsty beta. Do you think the chick would have liked that? It`s pretty pathetic to give up your seat for someone young and healthy just because grrrrrrl

>get on the bus
>was already waiting in a hefty line
>there's only 2 seats left at the front
>me and my mate take them
>some baldy cunt gets on and starts berating me in front of everyone on the bus
>tell him it was the last seat, he didn't look that old so I offer the seat to him to make him feel bad
>he declines, says some shit about young people
>laugh with other people on the bus
some old people here are fucking cunts, remember going to Spain and seeing old people happily give their seats away for women with small children.

You deserve it. Pathetic beta

>qartveli roboti gaedzro
hahshhahahhhahahahahasdsaidlasjdahhaha

Attached: saakashvili-court.jpg (620x465, 25K)