Thread for questions, tips, and advice on Lucid Dreaming

anything you imagine you can do
>world domination
yuppers
>anime genocide
you betcha
>literally anything
exactlly

best website (my opinion) for lucid dreaming technique and stuff?
>best-lucid-dreaming-techniques.com/
tons of techniques methods and stabilization methods
has the absolute best stuff out there

OP to retarded to keep posting?
>pastebin.com/LWcXsF1Q

also planning on adding more stuff to the OP so suggestions are welcome

also thread dies really fast so keep bumping

Attached: 1525385222731.jpg (1920x1920, 414K)

Other urls found in this thread:

best-lucid-dreaming-techniques.com/
best-lucid-dreaming-techniques.com/dream-journal.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Doesn't lucid dreaming ruin the whole point of dreams. Having wacky and unpredictable dreams is The thing I look forward to most in the day.

Has lucid dreaming ever been shown to affect the quality of sleep? It seems like still being in some way active as yourself while sleeping would make you wake up less rested than if you were just inactive throughout.

Has there ever been any studies into this?

ive heard that argument before but the interesting part is that since you have full control you are not as limited as you think. lucid dreams if youre good at them can be super cool since you can spawn in people do sex n shit and teleport to different places along with increasing visual and audio perception through stability techniques making dreams IMO more interesting although you could become lucid in the random dream you have making the adventure better.

no clue but from my experience ive had nightmares but if im lucid i can just chase of serial killers or whatever since if you are outstandingly confident your brain perceives whatever thing you do as right therefore if you chase someone the ought to be scared of you since you had the balls to chase them and this has worked multiple times for me and honestly if you use techniques to extend your lucid dream you could prevent waking up in the middle of the night but other wise i believe that it wouldn't tire you out since its just like any other dream but you have ultimate control and besides having fun while sleeping can only make it better

I really wish I could have a lucid dream

Attached: 1510087271747.jpg (720x762, 34K)

hey dude its ok i got a special link for you right here helped me a ton also helped with extreme borderline suicide and possibly worse, point is its great and pretty safe as long as you learn slowly and don't beat yourself up i 100% believe you can do this man

Attached: Black pilled.png (243x284, 69K)

oh forgot to paste it
best-lucid-dreaming-techniques.com/

also if any one does make any progress it would be super cool to hear it cuz i wanna know if this thread is actually helping and maybe what i need to improve it on

I DONT WANT TO GET ARCHIVED AGAIN NNNNOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1514691278527s.jpg (125x91, 3K)

Based Molsey poster.

Attached: 8FC9BFCB-E7EC-448F-8644-6A2F2D20183C.jpg (1024x1024, 380K)

another one to my collection

Attached: 1516482745463.jpg (860x1424, 380K)

I can't remember the last time I dreamt at all tbhq. It's amazing some people dream every night.

I've tried the wake up/go back after 4.5-6hours thing before and it always works.
But I never CONTROL the dream, I only remember it.
Give me the TLDR for controling the dream, please.

Molsey with Roosevelt. Best timeline

oh trust me even if you start trying to lucid dream and give up (highly advise you dont its so worth it) since it usually starts with dream journals you would have so many more dreams, well techniclly the number doesnt increase rather you remember more this is where dream journals come into play ive had one and ive had many more memorable dreams like i can remember quite a few dreams ive had even from years ago

When I have lucid dreams, I only become conscious when I'm already in the midst of a random dream. I can't really control it completely, just kind of steer it in the direction I want it to go. It's still unpredictable.

What would I even put in the dream journal? I dream maybe once every year or two.

originally planning big text but if TLDR is really what you want ok.

once your lucid do stability stuff like rubbing your hands and interacting with the world once fully lucid then say stuff like "oh i didn't see you there Mosley" and expect Mosley to be behind you and he will TLDR its all about believing your mind relies on ur belief in the event happening and how the world reacts to your actions

This is confusing.
So basically, after waking up, I should rub my hands and talk to imaginary people?

this is the exact question i shouldve put in the OP thanks for asking

but this was asked before and just the fact that you attempted to recall your last dream and to try to think about it will help a ton because it rewires your brain to memorize it more and therefore makes remembering dreams way easier and if you have a journal and cant remember a dream write i cant remember the dreams i had last night or something along those lines remember its all about the attempt at recalling the dream

The thing is, there is nothing to try to recall. Not even the smallest, vaguest memory.

>we finally shut down all the tulpa shilling so /x/ bring something more benign over
Listen fuckboys, we dont want what youre selling

no no no when your lucid it can be incredibly hazy and weird so you need to get used to the dream and being lucid and adjust to it to a point where you have full control over yourself and the dream then you can start controlling things BTW rubbing your hands is for the stability and talking to people was just an example of what you could do sry if i worded it weird

Some of us don't have a choice, user. This might be the only chance I will ever have at experiencing happiness.

No problem, I gotcha.
When I see the dream I gotta try hard to interact with it.
Thank you.

i know i know had the same problem with only once in a blue moon dreams but what i meant was even if you try to recall it and get absolutely nothing and have to write "i remember nothing from my dream" in your dream journal you still will improve because your attempt will make it easier for the next day not saying you will for sure have a dream the next day but just saying that it might help there may be better tactics than this but this helped me personally

actually went pretty deep into tulpa shit but can unironiclly confirm its 100% true but its fucking scary as hell and is such a fucking moral dilemma i had to kill it off (not technically murder ok) and move on (luckily im heartless)

I haven't done this in months
It's pretty tough, you have to balance your consciousness constantly. Too little and you don't have proper control, too much and you'll wake up.

speaking of happiness if you're cool with answering, what would you do with ultimate control in a dream btw if your good enough it can feel just like real life but this is just rumour ive heard

havent heard of that only that over excitement can wake you up also suicide has not woken me up only created false awakenings (waking up but its still a dream)

shameless and absolutely fantastically original self bump

ask someone who's been trying to lucid dream for 11 years anything. If you say dream diary you can fuck off.

unironiclly OP here what helped you the most and what should i include in the next post because im thinking my OP is lacking and could DEF improve

Attached: 1517355696755.jpg (315x315, 40K)

what do you have against a dream diary?

only thing that ever ever ever worked: I remember doing a reality check right out of the blue and it turned out to be a dream.

I can remember my dreams just fine with/without a dream diary, it doesn't do a fucking thing for me and i want to strangle people who vouch for that shit. Remembering my dreams have fuck all to do with GETTING LUCID FOR FUCK SAKE.

Any tips will be appreciated, thanks op.

Attached: 05a.png (721x531, 901K)

it just fucking sucks dude, i want to WILD so bad.. I just want to go to sleep and have a lucid dream, eleven fucking years.. The only time i had a lucid dream, i retained lucidity for about 11 seconds or so. I seriously doubt speding 20 minutes a day writing down what my dreams are would change that.

the reason i recommend a dream diary is just to jump start it personally i shouldn't use one since im a good year into this but ive been off a while and need to get back into it otherwise i probs dont even need one its completely unneeded for mid teir to advanced users

a better way i should have said it was that dream diary's are not for lucid dreams rather remembering dreams when you normally do not because that's usually step one for lucid dreamers gotta dream to lucid dream otherwise its unrelated to the lucid part of lucid dreaming but i guess it could be useful for finding patterns

Thanks frens, okay what if i've never had any patterns whatsoever? I kept a diary from time to time, with the longest streak being like 6 months or so, and honest to god, the only patterns i ever noticed are really really ambiguous and unspecific, like 'being outside'. I would love to realize what my 'dream sign' is. Just noticing something that only happens in my dreams and instantly realizing it's a dream. Unfortunatly that just does not fucking happen.

Attached: 1511842360602.jpg (692x680, 75K)

OP here stuff like patterns are pretty rare dream diary's can spot that if its the case but that's rarely it IMO getting into a habit of reality checks especially right when you wake up because ive heard you almost always have a false awakening in a dream once a night (waking up but its still a dream)

It's all down to doing reality checks a million times a day as far as i know, as i said in this post that's the only thing that ever got me even close to LDing. How do i sucessfully WILD though, that's what im after, i'm sick of relying on luck! I don't have any luck, we're on r9k for goodness sake!

Attached: 1515032871379.jpg (500x500, 47K)

Tulpa shit is a meme and a good way of giving yourself MPD but lucid dreaming is legit and not /x/ tier, its been scientifically confirmed with experiments for one so its not just a meme nor is it anything paranormal, we dream every night we sleep even if your recall is such shit that you don't remember any, so becoming aware of and in control of these dreams is possible, just takes practice and dedication to achiefe for those who aren't lucky enough to do it naturally.

you seem pretty cool dude pretty determined aswell hey if you wanna talk even after this gets archived hit up my discord reachreset#2757

with that out of the way ive never had sucsessful WILD mostly because im slightly an insomniac takes an hour or 2 to fall asleep but from what ive heard basiclly go to bed wake up mid rem sleep 4:00-6:00 i think and go back to bed but stay focused but not concentrated on being lucid and you get transported to the dream remember ive never had one this is just what ive heard

thank you, that'd be great! I need lucid dreaming in my life, please don't tell me god has taken even this away from me and made me lucid dreaming intolerant or something.

i sent you a request, usrname syok.

Attached: 1111.png (140x96, 3K)

I haven't quite had lucid dreams yet, but my dreams are getting a lot more vivid and realistic.
In one I went on a date with my qt coworker and got to cuddle with her. It was incredible. I could feel her warmth and everything.
I even had sex with my sister in another dream. That was mind boggling.

progress of any kind is great btw dont feel bad if you get super fucked up dreams happens to everyone if they are not lucid

oh man I used to lucid dream normally, until it started physically hurting for some reason.
I don't know why.

weird i have no clue man but get back into it its godlike

>be dreaming last night
>inside the cab of a train
>realize I'm dreaming after about 5 seconds
>think I'm going to have a bomb-ass lucid dream about driving a train
>dream just starts fading to black
>wake up
Why can't I have anything nice

Attached: IMG_1759.jpg (750x581, 42K)

this is exactly where stability comes in and also try not to get to excited (i know painful) but you might wake up if you are check it out in OP link

story of my life my dude. don't give up.

Attached: 1523058956442.jpg (720x720, 141K)

Trying to lucid dream only lead to misery DO NOT ATTEMPT IT

its a process like i told my friend nothing of value happens over night

last self bump cuz this is just pathetic at this point

When you realize you are dreaming make sure to calm your tits, cause shits gonna get all WACK so don't do dat. If you want something to happen, imagine it as specific as possible, like a comic from one scene to the next. Cause then it's gonna get all WACK again and you don't want that. Want your waifu to appear before your very eyes? The trick that I use to have random things appear is to say out loud in the dream that blank will appear when I turn around, and then I turn 360 degrees hue hue and bam! Like clockwork.

Attached: WOKEJAK.jpg (526x588, 89K)

How does one reality check?
I'm not too good at dreaming, I haven't remembered a dream in months

you shouldn't concern yourself with reality checks if you cant even remember dreams but dream journals work magic by helping dream recall
best-lucid-dreaming-techniques.com/dream-journal.html

I think you eventually just passively get better at it. Like learning how to run and fight. Punching doesn't work, so you use a weapon because it still has the weapon properties. Running sometimes works? But more often than not it doesn't so you learn the jumping method and you move much quicker with it.

Yeah this, I realized this in nightmares because you realize something's wrong then feel like something worse is even going to happen. Although I have the reflex to kick myself out of the dream if that happens because I don't want to see the aftermath. I also read about that method of making things appear. Apparently if you just think about it and turn, it'll be there. It doesn't always work, but it has before and it was very interesting. The less real the item seems to have an effect though. I can't just shoot laser beams or use super powers for example. Maybe it takes too much effort to imagine?

How does time even work when you're dreaming? Isn't it like 10 minutes to each second?

You did. You were almost there.

I had a dream I bought a daughter from an orphan cart and she eventually became my wife

What's an orphan cart

bump for the purposes of being original

>ill never be with monika

FUCK THIS I WANT TO KILL EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING FUCK THIS GAY WORLD FUCK EVERYTHING

Attached: 1523370048866.jpg (1200x742, 160K)

a cart you can take orphants out of

In a dream your preception of time is diluted. You can have a dream that feels like spans years or seconds while in the real world only hours pass.

In certain cultures, lucid dreaming on command represents complete mastery of the self.