How did you learn to type?

how did you learn to type?
did you learn at all?

Attached: dogputer.jpg (1456x1941, 196K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.typeracer.com/?rt=csr1ol180
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There was a class in my middle school where they forced us to learn to type. While I was in that class I was playing Runescape so typing was pretty useful, and it all came together.

I too learned in middle school. Maybe most useful class while there

by using a computer for at least 6 hours daily for 12 years

pic related, they had it on all the computers at my elementary school.

Attached: 1550651605466.png (711x714, 816K)

Selling shit in Runescape, I learned to (sorta) use the home keys in school though.

I learnt how in school and then progressed onto world building and improved greatly from programming and posting here.

they had a touch typing program they made us use in primary school. also playing runescape.

i 100% learned how to type through roblox lol. by the time we had typing classes i already had developed this lopsided way of typing. Last time i checked i think i could type at like 76 wpm

This, at school.

Attached: paws.png (367x280, 47K)

This old Dragon Ball game on this website for Jump Festa I can't find anymore where the faster you type the correct letters, the faster the characters fight. It was cool.

Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing

I learned at elementary school age playing runescape.

No.
this is me attermotyjd to tupe with not looksihjdf

lei m,e iru thwyt weuwh

Learned from playing WoW all day.

I have a weird typing style, but I type pretty fast regardless. I use 3 fingers on my left hand and only 1 on my right.

ejau rthe duck I knsow thyww all rhw kusa aew

this is me typing without looking. In fact I havent looked at my keyboard while typing in over 10 years.

olaiu ome ;asi op,r

olai moe ieipe sl i e re keeoiund mu ksmds on dome ros

>develop sperg way of typing
Me. I can crank out 80 words a minute while looking as autistic as possible on a keyboard. Unironically learned where all the keys were from vidya

no one eieb lmnwods ejsu o am sayimd

They had us using Type to Learn 3 in elementary school but I always cheated and never learned. In the end, spending my adolescence on internet forums was what allowed me to type with two fingers and not looking. Then the need for more efficient shitposting on Jow Forums arose and I can type quickly and normally.

I played runescape and just got better at it over time. Qwerty on keyboard, Dvorak for touchscreen. Homeschooling is fun.

but I cna actually type very fast jsut poking with 3 fingers here we go typing over 900 wpm wihtout lookin at screen

nie lookind adain

I don't have to look much. This is my attempt at bot looking. Gagaga I said "bot" instead of "jot" oh hahaha where the fuck is j

fcukq

I wish I could type without looking at my keybroarb

am i the only one who completely unironically does typeracer. i even got a premium account...

Attached: depress.jpg (601x695, 44K)

PETER OI;PEER PIC KDE oewsj ud oixjkws owoowes

Attached: 1508230876170.png (659x525, 205K)

learned to type through runescape back in 2002 when i first used a computer
type at around 160wpm for a brisk pace, 180wpm fast pace
broke shitty middle school typing programs by coming out at 200+wpm (which was inaccurate, just shitty programs) and i have funny memories of all the little kids crowding around me watching me type in awe, too bad it doesn't matter now and the trait is useless and it's only useful for writing

but then again, the fact that i can pump out endless paragraphs continues to alienate me as my stream of consciousness takes over and dominates my rhetoric and mindset

NOEMIE JET THE DIC K OUR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1470872065731[1].gif (828x828, 1.09M)

how the fuck do you do 160 i've been stuck at 140ish for years

HORLI DJOT OI CVJRSCLE MUSELD IUP

damnnie shwu cani I sukxiun tydoe?

wji is ropoims sp fuckoin harnd?

i eallu cani tytoe doer sihe

They had some typing class in my middle school but I could barely do it. Teacher kept pointing me out in front of the class and it was super embarrassing.
I can barely type without looking. Maybe 20-30 words per minute at best. Years of computer use have barely made an impact. At least I write super fast.

Goddamf mothrtdicker

I jsutr cheayes on ne homewirk anf dor a D in rje class

cam o eoen ,amahe si[er sleo typeing?

This, except I think it was the first one. I can break 100 wpm on a standard qwerty keyboard at this point, though I'm currently dealing with a learning curve for a slightly different layout.

They actually had a full keyboard class when I was in 8th grade. All they taught was how to type on the keyboard. The year afterwards they started teaching how to do Excel and Powerpoint, really dodged a bullet.

Runescape not as fast as i use to be anymore tho spend less time typing more time just playing games now

poi pii pee pee poo poo eppe pee poo poo pee pee poo epp pee peoi

two finger master race

WE MUSY SEXURE A DITUER SOE SJIE=TE CJOILFTEN AND FMILIES

>learning to type
Bro, like, literally just press the letters that you want to type. It is not that hard.

Attached: 1520638861217-a.jpg (270x259, 14K)

hEWIL hITLER aLLAJIU aKBAT

idk my dude i honestly have no clue, i was stuck at 140 in my early teen years, maybe i'm just naturally inclined towards specific behaviors and patterns that match up with the criteria

i have my own version of typing that does not adhere to standard principles but utilizes odds and evens of fingers and so those fingers have been specifically honed and utilized for very specific actions, at one point during my teens I had been typing 150wpm with nothing but my pointer fingers before I branched out into incorporating extra fingers on my left hand

my left hand works as a rhythm but also does most of the heavy work while my right hand really dots the i's and crosses the t's and plays the lead symphony while sometimes crossing over into dominant territory, but this is a strange phenomenon considering i am a dominant right hander in all other activities, i believe it has something to do with my predisposition towards favoring the left side of my body and typing at an angle

i've learned the wrong format and technique but it works for me very well and i did use typeracer for several years which benefited me and I dominated the leaderboard quite often but i mostly just learn from continued keyboard usage within my time spent on the internet despite the fact i now mostly spend my time off the keyboard getting fuckin' shitfaced, i'm even shitfaced right now

i can enter "tornado mode" where i exceed 200wpm and become a human robot but i only do it on large keyboards and i don't own one right now, it wears out within time though

Yes I can easily type while looking and poking.

Bur thuis us mne tyinf to ttyoe withoiut lking

nice wpm, faggot

one final arremoy st tryinfg to eype

>tfw literally taught myself how to type like that

It's legitimately not hard. I thought the only people that had issues with typing were those with actual physical issues.

Attached: 1485347921795.png (1280x720, 598K)

Taught myself, was able to type faster than the typing teacher in 6th grade. I've gotten a little slower over the years, don't play multiplayer games much anymore so I rarely have a reason to type much.

grew up playing pc video games and taught myself
i have a very strange way of typing so when i was in school and we were taking typing classed my teacher would get pissed at me even though i could type way faster than her at 150+wpm and accurately too.
fuck that bitch

Same for me. I learned the home row and all that in school but it didn't take. Just through time and repetition I learned and muscle memory built up. No home row and no specific starting finger positions that I am aware of, but can easily type fairly quickly without having to glance at keyboard.

I've been using imageboards routinely for 13 years and I still look down at the keys to type. Doing otherwise ALWAYS fucked me up regardless of practice.

Attached: 1518179162671.jpg (963x1024, 82K)

Selling my wares on runescape
Only person to post this of course

I still type with 2 fingers but I can hit 90 wpm so whatever, I'm ok with it.

Mostly self taught, along with a class I had to take back in high school.

in middle school computer lab. funny enough I didn't bother with it then for a decade or so after using the search and poke method. then I decided to use it again and the knowledge popped right back into my head although my form isn't perfect.

By playing computer games from an early age honestly.

from Habbo Hotel
explains why my typing skills a shit

Nah I use it too

>learn to type
It's just pressing buttons, what is there to learn?

Attached: brainlet fm.jpg (324x312, 20K)

My dad put a PC in my room when I was 5 and gave me a bunch of kids learning games.

are you being ironic? You even posted a perfect pic to go with your post

I somewhat use it, I need to get better cause my fastest is around 90 wpm

I learned to type from playing world of warcraft

i taught myself thru online stuff
i do like 80-90 wpm

they tried to teach us how to type in school, but all that proper bullshit never stuck with me. i learned how to type by playing online pc games, need to type fast to shit talk

who here played typing of the dead?

I learned most from typing on here. I did it before that but had to look what I was doing.

there was a capn crunch computer game disc that came in the cereal box and i learned touch typing from that.

Then when i was 10 i played runescape all the time and got my wpm up a little bit from wanting to talk to people and spam WTB unids 5k each in the bank before the grand exchange came out.

Came here to post this. Wow taught me a life skill.

>he doesn't have the layout of the keyboard memorized
lmao r u even autostic, kiddo?

I supposedly learnt how to type in a computer class in middle school. In reality I learnt by stairing at the keyboard and typing until my fingers just kind of knew where to go and I didn't need to look down. Not much different than learning a gaming controller I guess.

I played around with my moms mavis beacon cd, but didn't "practice" until playing roblox, runescape, wiz101 etc at least 10 years ago

>he doesn't have a mental image of where every single key on the keyboard is after years and years in front of a keyboard

My mom got me those Mavis Beacon CDs and then we had classes for it in 4th and 5th grades. Looking back, that was pretty surprising since I was in the middle of Pennsyltucky in the early 2000s.

Every time i turned on my computer, i would do the next even of a typing program, and would not do anything else on the PC until i completed that section.

Imagine if you did ten pushups every time you sat at your PC, that is a lot of pushups.

by playing minecraft

merchanting on runescape, I didn't want to use an autotyper so I had to learn to write "flash2:wave: selling x y gp" fast

muscle memory from using the internet. i can type over 100 words a minute but only use my index fingers plus my ring fingers for caps lock/shift

Who "learns" to type.
When i got my first computer it just seemed to make sense, you press a key and the letter comes up, do this in order to make words etc.
How is this hard?

Attached: rly mks u.gif (256x256, 458K)

>Only knew how to type from normal internet stuff
>First job
>Boss hands me a stack of windows licenses with serial keys (like 200 of them)
>"I hope you know how to type fast"
>Literally learned how to type twice as fast from that
>Next week
>"Okay user you gotta install Linux on these 200 boxes now"
>No GUI
>No copy pasting commands
>Start sweating

Now I type 120wpm and can install and configure Linux from memory

>ctrl+f runescape
>11 results

me too lads.

Did anyone else learn how to type on their own and fuck themselves over in computer class? I've had well over 100+ WPM since I was a teenager, but only when I type with my no own indescribable method I developed entirely on my own. Whenever they made us do typing tests in school, they would force me to do the "home row" thing and I'd always get shitty grades because I don't know how to type that way at all, despite being the fastest person in the class.

Attached: 1419713568579.jpg (601x601, 43K)

Same
There was a 'mandatory' learn-to-type class that taught you how to type correctly instead of hunt and peck
The teacher was borderline insane in how perfect she expected everything to be, but I've got a 100 WPM type speed now, so I guess thanks, Ms Burzwick

Attached: 1407952423686.jpg (371x348, 47K)

My dad started teaching me when I was 2

wait, i'm genuinely curious
how do you type?

play.typeracer.com/?rt=csr1ol180

Learned it in elementary school. It was probably one of my favourite classes since we got to play on the computers. I still remember using those old Apple Mac computers.

Once I hit my first key as a reference point I just instinctively know where everything else is without looking at the keyboard anymore and then I rapid fire everything with extremely good accuracy. It's pure chaos theory, there's no describable method to it, it just works for me. I don't even really rest my hands on the keyboard like they teach you to with keeping them on the home row, I do a thing similar to touch typing except I don't actually have to look at what I'm doing and it's fast as fuck.

I feel i can type faster this way

Attached: chicken-and-computer.gif (784x589, 116K)

>how to type correctly instead of hunt and peck
What the fuck is this? I type like 130WMP and never "learned" how.

It really baffles me, I know people that can't even touch-type.

Alright faggot my eyes are literally closed now, this keyboard is about a year old. I spilled beer over my former keyboard which I had for about 6 years and now I have this shit, it's kind of smaller than my last one but whatever.

I type 150 words per minute and I learned from typing "wts lobby/coal/swordie certs xxGP per" for hours on runescape