Who here drink kombucha every day?

Who here drink kombucha every day?

This stuff is seriously addictive, but unlike when drinking alcohol or smoking weed, I actually feel
really good even after the buzz wears off, and feel super health and more energetic than I've
ever been in my life.

Attached: 0036f80b7d6cf208bf8156a7da5a789a[2].jpg (216x486, 17K)

sitting
around
all
day

>bumping for info incase its meme food

where i am you can get a 2L for $12
>i'm 6'2 so pic related isn't small hands

Attached: 20180420_222600.jpg (1920x1920, 741K)

I know what you mean, but it does contain negligible alc. Was in a co-op when an alcoholic lost his shit about it at a granola roast after taking a sample.

How does it taste? I never tried it because it sounds really gross.

Isn't this like some kind of non-dairy kefir?

well this is the hippiest thing I've read today

the one i get is the rainbow lookin one, and the texture is like beer, but it tastes like some kinda berry

p-good but too expensive to drink all the time.

That shit is gross, faggot! It's probably what swallowing feels like.

So it tastes yeasty? Eehhhh, I don't drink alcohol at all, but I could give it a try tomorrow. I see that exact brand in OP's pic at the store.

>but unlike when drinking alcohol

drinking a fermented beverage there dude. it has alcohol

I brew my own. Thinking of splitting some of the newer SCOBY for Jun and coffee kombucha.

I prefer the original version pic related. My fav overall though is one called SOMA,, which is made in Portland and I only see it in a few health food stores.

Attached: 1424577954759.png (216x486, 112K)

wait does drinking kombucha give you a buzz? i know theres a very tiny amount of alcohol in it, but its very very little. the store bought kombucha isnt age restricted so its kinda negligible.
i personally dont like kombucha that much, i would drink it again because its something different than water. i once bought a raspberry flavoured kombucha and it tasted very yeasty. its super duper expensive and i dont have the patience to make it myself

I think the buzz comes from the caffeine. At less than 0.5% alcohol you'd have to drink a large amount to get an alcoholic buzz.

this is the kind i had, it wasnt sweet and tasted like wet bread. i think its a local brand. kombucha is really popular in my city though because its full of hipsters.

Attached: image-10.jpg (750x1332, 141K)

There is a small amount of alcohol content, some even have to be labeled for 21+ only

The difference though is, not long after I have 2 beers the buzz wears off I feel like shit for the next day no matter how much water I drink. I can have 2 kombuchas in a day, certain ones give me a mild high feeling which is actually better than a drug or alcohol high, and there is no drop off. Feels good the rest of the day, so long as I don't drink actual alcoholic beverages or binge on sweets.

Attached: euphoria-small@2x[1].png (340x859, 66K)

haha pretty sure this is bait but it genuinely makes me want to go out and get some kombucha. too bad its around 5$ for a small 330ml bottle

You can buy tgat from every supermarket, the most common kombucha brand

where are you from? its only sold in nz, australia, and the uk apparently

The buzz could be from the mushroom culture itself. I hardly feel it with fruity ones like the GTs synergy enlightened, but usually do with the plain or ginger flavors. This specific flavor I actually get a tingly sensation a the top of my head when I drink it.

Attached: download.jpg (159x318, 6K)

another thing I noticed is that the ones that feel the strongest have no extra added sugar, just enough to ferment the culture

Attached: SOMA-Kombucha-e1515105699265[1].jpg (1080x793, 136K)

Not OP but cheese and other foodstuffs can ferment and be non alchoholic. It takes sugar or starch and certain condidtions to produce alchohol. Not sure what kombucha is comprised of though...

I had my first kombucha when I was 16 at whole food in 2006, for a long time it was only available in health food stores, and in the late 2000s there was a shortage since GTs and mos other brands were recalled due to mislabeling of actual alcohol content, which I guess differed actually on the shelf from what it started out as. What happened was GTs changed their formula to the "enlightened" version, then a few years later brought back the original formulas, as well as some new flavors with a stronger fermentation labeled as 21+ drinks.

Nowadays most gas stations, restaurants and 7-11s have it all the time.

Attached: 0072243014016_0600[1].png (600x600, 63K)

The yeast in kombucha ferment the sugar into alcohol, but the bacteria then convert it to acetic acid. This occurs pretty quickly since unlike beer, the kombucha tea is exposed to oxygen during fermentation.