Anti-depressants

Lexapro or Prozac?
I'm taking Prozac and kinda scared of it. Is Lexapro any better?

Attached: FB_IMG_1525049580622.jpg (720x891, 42K)

Have you tried to get regular sleep, exercise, get outside for at least 30 minutes a day and maintain a healthy diet? I've had depression/anxiety/SAD my whole life and those are the only things I have ever found to have real efficacy. Tried dozens of drugs and they just made me feel less, which is depressing in it's own way.

This guy knows whats up

Anti-depressants will only address the symptoms, not the CAUSE.
And to truly improve you must address that in which is making you depressed.

>tfw never come home and find some retard bound by their ankles to my door
>tfw never spend the night teasing and tickling their feet whenever I come in and out of my room making them squirm and struggle helplessly

Yes, I've tried many times. I can do it for 2 weeks and until I feel terrible again, sometimes evem worse

kek, he fell for the diet and exercise meme

you're only fooling yourself kiddo; wait till you think you're doing everything right and it still rejects you and see that your depression comes back full force.

>Anti-depressants will only address the symptoms, not the CAUSE.

Attached: 1523274222550.jpg (1600x900, 133K)

>being depressed because some skank rejected him

kill yourself

I mean, I don't expect it to be gone forever. I expect to maintain overall good health so that when the time comes I can rebound. I feel better much more readily when I keep working through shit. It's unrealistic to think you can get to a place where you never feel depressed again. Sometimes you need that depression to give you some contrast in order to really feel happiness.

>because some skank rejected him
but I was in love, user. love!
and I honestly think I should have had like a minute of grief but I just couldn't figure out how to emotionally charge positive thoughts. like, I could only pretend for so long before I decided to not kid myself for any longer lest I form a habit of being a sociopath pretender.

just the inspiration, not the cause.
likely brain is just fucked. you don't get it because you're not experiencing my life nigger

It's really not about experiencing happiness for me; if I could just be able to care about what I believe are worth causes like being healthy and not being a financial burden then I'd love life. I just don't care.

Consistency is key. Doing it, even when it's hard, will ultimately make you feel better. I look at it like giving yourself a little battle each day that you can conquer. There may be a lot of things outside of your control, but at least you can win one fight everyday.

You can get rejected by your parents which can be even worse

Lexapro diminished the cloud of depression and harsh reactions to shitty outcomes. For sure it allowed me to go way beyond my limitations in social interactions when combined with CBT.

lol go ahead and take the (((pills))) then smart guy

Both make me fat.
Both killed my boner.
Both made me even more suicidal.

just build a schedule and stick to it! ya, this makes so much sense to everyone literally can't figure out how this is known but people fail to do this; like, really, what's that about??
they must be lazy or want to be depressed.

have you taken this long term? that sounds exactly like what I'd need.. I know for a fact what I experience with rejection or failure is too extreme.

It kind of seems like you're choosing to not love life then man. You can't have a desire to love life and be indifferent towards the things that you know will help you do so.

For me it was always definitely laziness. You need to realize that your happiness is a decision that you control with your thoughts and actions.

Regular for about a year then tapered off after i was able to determine that my reactions to rejection and failure weren't inherently self destructive.

tony robbins false consolation brain

Whatever works. The method isn't as important as the result.

Have to remember that the pills are best combined with therapy.

>just don't be depressed lol

Attached: 3dpd.jpg (186x184, 8K)

>Whatever works

To a certain extent. I felt a lot better through violence but the police wouldn't exactly agree with me.

Guaranteed i was more active and healthier than you were and was still horribly depressed.

Yeah, different contexts kiddo.
>take a series of actions to not be depressed
>just don't be depressed lol
And you guys wonder why you're so unhappy. You can't really be this dumb.

That's the point at which drugs + therapy should be added in. I'm not against using drugs to treat depression. My wife's a pharmacist, I've gotten the lecture. I just think it's probably smart to address overall health first. Is that unreasonable?

>My wife
Get out normie reeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the very few places where "wife" is a trigger.

Bite me in the ass faggot.

Eat shit and die asshole

Kill me nao! It will be a favour to me.

I condemn you to live.