What does it mean to "man up."

What does it mean to "man up."

And why do I care?

And why isn't it expected of females?

Attached: 1510864749607s.jpg (183x250, 6K)

It refers to the masculine concept of "pulling yourself up by the bootstraps" (however that's easier said than done in an age where there's nothing left to pull on, but this is besides the point). Women aren't expected to "pull themselves up by the bootstraps" because most of the time they can't, and even if they can, they don't want to as it doesn't align with traditional gender roles. Women are supposed to be taken in by men at a young age and brought up from there (which can't happen now thanks to feminism induced wageslavery and corporate judaism, Jesus, life is fucked now).

It means slaves shouldn't complain.

in normie terms it means you have to find some roastie single mom who is now ready for a nice guy and settle and raise her bastards or get cucked if you havent already,

Isn't this a Coverdale Page album cover lmao

it means bottle up your emotions like society intended you to do at a young age and never express them no matter what you do because it's ugly and shows weakness.

"Manning up" is kind of hacky way for people to refer to the idea of a man taking on responsibility. Men and women grow into adulthood in different ways, and for women there seems to be no strong transition; you get your period and some time later, without anyone noticing, you're a woman. But men are different and always have been, for us there needs to be a trial, an active choice that changes a boy into a man.

In modern culture, to become a man is to take on responsibility for others. Whether that's becoming a supervisor of some sort at your job or starting a family or signing up to some kind of mission, the basic sense is the same. It means to put aside short-sighted selfish interests and commit yourself to something greater, which boys typically have not done and which men typically have.

Men are wild, especially young men. We spend some time when we're young living on the fringes of the village. We get into trouble, we waste our time, we succumb to despair, and we are of no use to anyone. When you overcome that and dedicate yourself to the betterment of your community, in whatever way you do that, that is when you become a man, when you take your strength and put it to responsible use. There's not much community to dedicate yourself to now, but this process is still revered where it is seen.

men don't do this anymore because we feel like everyone hates us (or we all hate each other), to put it in simple terms.
also a lot of us are raised by single mothers, so there's just one giant void there.

>There's not much community to dedicate yourself to now
exactly that, dedicate yourself to community while at same time that community gets destroyed by niggers, coal burners and liberals

The reality is both feminists and MGTOW/incels alike will never get what they want because they're fighting against biology.

Yeah, it sucks that men are expected to impress women into relationships and compete with other men for them as well as do most of the physical work in relationships
and it might suck that women are too physically weak to compare to men in certain activities (sports, military) and that women have to bleed out their vaginas and give birth

But that's just the way it fucking is, life is shitty like that. Honestly remember sex is just a chemical desire and you don't actually need it to find meaning in life

Attached: 1466648087020.jpg (460x291, 17K)

If Jow Forums is anything like it used to be, people will flood into to respond to this
>men don't do this anymore because we feel like everyone hates us
and they will claim very assertively that western society is prude and traditional, men have privilege and have it easy, and women are victims.
I remember that what you just said (the part I greentexted) always got people on Jow Forums riled up, because Jow Forums has a lot of feminists and sluts and delusional men lurking in the shadows.

The single mother aspect is a big part of it, because traditionally, and I mean traditionally as in for tens of thousands of years, young men were initiated into manhood by the old men of the community. It wasn't considered to be something you could do effectively on your own, you needed to spend time with your father and the elders to learn what being a man is, and they usually gave you some kind of rite of passage to communicate to you that you're now a man. Often this rite tied you to the long lineage of men that you came from, giving you a sense of place and purpose in the world.The best substitute we've had for this is fraternity hazing, which is no substitute at all, and is getting phased out anyway.

Now the rite of passage is nothing. Having sex maybe? But you can't get manhood from women. Even if they wanted to give it to you, they don't have it. And like many Jow Forums residents I'm not even sure that there's a community worth manning up for.

people straight up don't want to help their "community". there's some census survey, but overall trust in people's neighbors is down.
your neighbors are Pham Nguyen, Angel Hernandez, Lashon Jackson and none of them get along or have the same beliefs.
who the fuck would want to be responsible for that?

I hear people say being a man is finding something you like and doing what you want, and "man up" is taking responsibility for your actions.

No actually whats natural is for the man to be in charge.

>"man up" is taking responsibility for your actions.
this is a such a negative connotation. I wouldnt be surprised if it was some woman who came up with it.

Part of being a man is accepting the fact that life isn't perfect, life isn't fair, life isn;t the way you wanted it to be but still trying your best. MGTOW's are fucking faggots. They're basically the fat kid that got picked on at the basketball court who instead of facing his bullies and nutting up, threw the ball in the grass and ran home to his mommy. You all need to man the fuck up. The job you work you'll most likely hate, the woman you end up with won't be your ideal woman. So what? That's life bucko.

and sometimes you just get knocked the fuck out, that's life bucko. people in the internet forget this though.

Have you ever driven past a large construction site? Do you think any man in that entire place wants to be doing that shit for a "living"? Do you think they want to wake up and do that every day 5 days a week? Of course not. But that is their reality, they accepted it. They go home to their chubby oxycontin snorting wives, drink a few beers, bust in her mouth and go to sleep. You dorks have no accepted your lot in life. You think because you're not chad, you give up. Might as well kill yourself with that mindset.

yes and our reality is wake up in niggerland with illegal spics soaking up all the jobs while all the attractive women conveniently, systemically funnel themselves into safety.
you pray you don't die to being shot by police or an incel on a rampage.

that's just reality, bucko, just live with it and accept it. submit, right?

>the woman you end up with won't be your ideal woman.
>So what?
>That's life bucko.
you are fucking stupid, its better to stay single for life than end up with someone you dont like, which will most likely end up in divorce anyway and in the end you will be alone except you will also lose most of your money

>you pray you don't die to being shot by police
if you are white and not a riminal you have nothing to worry about

Got any other options? Lets hear them

With that attitude, you will always be single. The type of woman you want, and the type of woman you can realistically get are not even close. Why don't you just accept reality?

that's life buckorooni XDDD

>okay lmmesee
If you can't bend your knees, bow down, and accept the world as it it then your pride is the only thing you'll ever have bucko.

>Got any other options? Lets hear them
yes, execute you to save stress and resources for the rest of us.
then do that to the rest of the illegal immigrants. would that be an agreeable arrangement bucko?

When women say "man up" they don't mean " become self-reliant" they mean "why won't you just become a beta provider for my fellow roasties".
In my opinion anyone who is economically self-sufficient has "manned up" even if they waste all their time playing video games and eating junk food. The capability to provide for one self is masculinity.

It means stop complaining and let chad and stacy fuck in peace.

>The type of woman you want, and the type of woman you can realistically get are not even close. Why don't you just accept reality?
That, doesnt mean I have to settle for someone I dont like. I will be damned if I settle for some roastie who is finally "ready for me". If I dont get the woman I want I will stay single, that is the reality and I have accepted it.

K, enjoy your eventual suicide. Loneliness is a hell of a thing to deal with, especially when you work for a living and have nobody to come home to.

Nah, providing for yourself is not responsibility, providing for others is responsibility. Providing for yourself, your woman and your kids is what it has always been

Not telling you to become a sad sack slave to some resentful cat lady right now, not even claiming it's desirable to do, but it must be recognized that being solitary is a turn away from the traditional path of manhood to something else, not the traditional path itself.

haha I will go out with a bang.. Better alone for life than spending life with someone I dont really like.

Just because you can't enjoy solitude doesn't mean others can't.
Celibate monks have existed for over a thousand years.

That's what I said nigger but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck

Attached: download (31).jpg (645x968, 46K)

stop deleting posts

Attached: -r9k- - What does it mean to 'man up.' And why do I care - ROBOT9001 - 4chan 5-10-2018, 12 (558x214, 9K)

>deleted one post
>"stop deleting posts"

Attached: 326b4524b463b68a5b3dba86745d4caa.jpg (800x506, 70K)

both and are deleted hence "posts"

when you responded i had only feleted

Attached: Meme_Man.png (194x194, 51K)