So wtf is this song even about?

so wtf is this song even about?
youtube.com/watch?v=VYOjWnS4cMY

Attached: 1525898694891.png (780x542, 308K)

Niggers being niggers and apes.

Attached: 1484601106433.png (380x234, 16K)

I think it's an ad saying send niggers back to africa.

Black people literally not caring about their own communities dying, hence the constant dancing and nonchalant attitudes towards violence. And at the end it's white people trying to bring justice by chasing down the murderer

didn't lincoln literally found the country of liberia for them?

The duality of the nigger, on one side he's a bloodthirsty animal and on the other he's a dancing monkey

Yes.
Then (((they))) killed him before they could be sent back.

Best interpretation I've seen yet.

I'm getting sick of these threads getting shilled every hour for this ((profound)) song

President Monroe, but yes.

you do know white people brought blacks to america as slaves

Every time a new rap song comes out, every nigger and white liberal talks about it like it's the most profound piece of poetry since Yeats. Then the next newest rap song comes out and they repeat the cycle of praise

Wow the most profound and thought provoking poetry also comes from the class of people that experiences the most oppression and vilification in society or something wow

About how this is America

>Every single time a new rap song comes out, it's the next greatest piece of modern literature
Or it could be that people will believe whatever the tv and the computer phone tells them

I think it's all people, not just black people. I think it's commentary on how large tragedies happen in America and we just go on as if nothing happened. No one ever talks about what happened in Las Vegas anymore. What happened in Florida only stayed in the news so long because el goblino wouldn't stop talking about it, but even that's losing steam.

We have some big shooting tragedy and we're so desensitized to it, we just forget and we go right on about our business.

Wow user you're so smart, not like all the sheeple who like popular things :)

Yeah but "Americo Liberians" (octoroons claiming to be black) fucked it up for everyone. They were basically white guys with one black grandparent and they thought that gave them a right to oppress the native Africans and darker skinned African Americans.

If you think Kendrick Lamar or Child Gambino write deep lyrics, then you really are a fucking retard.

You're right user. All of those award organizations and academic scholars who have praised and analyzed Kendrick's work are all idiots. If only they were as smart as you are and we able to see the truth :(

Why does he stand like that

It's about how Hip Hop creates glorification around violence that the young and impressionable become entranced by, yet the masses never see the effects it has. We get blinded by celebrity and miss the shit going on in the background

People say it's in reference to illustrations of Jim Crow.

Attached: download (1).jpg (190x265, 11K)

>blindly accepting the authority of a committee on popular culture.

You poor sod.

>Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
>Yeah, yeah, yeah, go, go away
>We just wanna party
>Party just for you
>We just want the money
>Money just for you
>I know you wanna party
>Party just for me
>Girl, you got me dancin' (yeah, girl, you got me dancin')
>Dance and shake the frame
>We just wanna party (yeah)
>Party just for you (yeah)
>We just want the money (yeah)
>Money just for you (you)
>I know you wanna party (yeah)
>Party just for me (yeah)
>Girl, you got me dancin' (yeah, girl, you got me dancin')
>Dance and shake the frame (you)
Well, gee whiz, where's this nigger's Nobel Prize in Literature?

How does one even willingly listen to this crap?

>blatantly dodging the fact that there have been scholarly analyses of Kendrick's work that have praised him

Wow this must be how really smart people argue :)

Wow you must have a 150 IQ to be able to cherrypick like that :) mommy's smart little boy! :)

He's playing Jim Crow. He's just a caricature of a black a guy and white america chases after him at the end when in reality they just hate a scarecrow and black men are not what's portrayed in the media.

Attached: 220px-Jimcrow.jpg (220x315, 26K)

>i-it's better if you have the music video! It provides context!

>lincoln
can you retards pick up a history book pls

Attached: 1447032536937.png (400x381, 108K)

This is the new song, the one that everyone is saying is profound, the one that the thread is about. Not really "cherrypicking" when it's the entire chorus and first verse.
You retarded faggot.

you do know black people sold blacks in africa as slaves

That's the first 40 seconds of the song, you missed another chorus and 2 verses.

>Wow the most profound and thought provoking poetry also comes from the class of people that experiences the most oppression and vilification in society or something wow
HM WOW FUNNY HOW IT WASNT LIKE THAT FOR THE PAST 10,000 YEARS

Attached: Portrait_de_Dante.jpg (360x550, 54K)

Basically this. You got it right.

>you need to have a ridiculous emotional based month long sob fest for people you never met.
if you havent considered suicide id start looking into it.

Attached: 1522446748135.jpg (720x646, 33K)

So what? Are we supposed to keep mourning all these different tragedies every fucking day of our lives? You do realize part of grieving is moving on. Fucking retarded opinion you have.

I don't mind music trying to have some sort of meaning or relaying a message, but this song is blatantly trying way too hard to do it. Look guy, the struggles of the black man. Wait who already did this in the past year, muh logic muh joyner lucas. Shit is not original.

It's trying to be artsy and throws out a lot of musical fundamentals for no reason. That and it just doesn't sound good. Which is sad, because I like most of Childish Gambino's music too.

>This is America
>Don't catch you slippin up
>Look what I'm whippin up
>This Is America
>Look what I'm whippin up
>This is America (skeet skeet woo)
>Don't catch you slippin up (ay)
>Look at how I'm livin now
>Police be trippin now (woo)
>Yeah this is America
>Guns in my area (word my area)
>I got the strap ayyy
>I gotta carry em
>Yeah yeah ima go into dis (ug)
>Yeah yeah this is guerrilla (woo)
>Yeah yeah Ima go get the bag
>Yeah yeah or Ima get a pad
>Yeah Yeah I'm so cold like yeah
>I'm so dope like yeah (woo)
>WE gon blow like yeah straight up uh
Oh, my mistake, I missed this eloquent piece of art

>Wow you must have a 150 IQ to be able to cherrypick like that :) mommy's smart little boy! :)
And that is your response
are you black?

its funny how nobody can actually explain why this is good. Its almost as if......

Attached: 1524541891102.jpg (600x530, 86K)

>I like rap music
Leave this board and never return normie.

So no one really knows what it's about?

Attached: 1525838355162.png (656x491, 353K)

>Wow user you're so smart, not like all the sheeple who like popular things :)
wow user youre so above his "REASONING" and "ANALYSIS" hahaha :^)
you have to feel art :^) its not something that can be understood or explained :^) unless its black people then its always good :^)))))))))))

Ignoring the problem is actually how to solve it. Domestic terrorism is done pretty much exclusively for attention. The sooner we as a society ignore these events, the less often they will occur.

Yes, and then they outlived their usefulness. They've been here shitting up the country for 1-1/2 centuries. They should fuck off.

>muh "everything but rap and country" taste in music

Unfortunately they're profitable to talk about for every news organization that exists.

Fucking idiots. It's not about mourning, it's the fact that nothing is ever done to prevent tragedies like this in the future. In America, some guy kills 40 people, we say "thoughts and prayers" and "too soon to talk about this uniquely American problem" and then act like it never happened. The news won't even cover a mass shooting unless the shooter got a high score.

You really are trying hard to damage control for your fucktarded chimp "musicians" aren't you?

>kills 10 people with 3 shots from an AK

haha fuck he's a good shot

Attached: atss.jpg (253x199, 7K)

Well but the lyrics and the people in it say a different story. Its all about nigger culture, a nigger shooting them and a nigger dancing to it, while white people are only seen as people running away or as cops.

CNN thanks (You).

For that to happen, the media needs to stop reporting on it, and for the media to stop reporting means it needs to become non-profitable for them to do it. But as long as normies flock to buy the latest terrorist bomb attack, it will be reported on

Attached: 1525837319717.jpg (604x594, 77K)

Only because people eat those stories up. But not for long.

Why are you even in this thread lmfao

A lot of his songs he doesn't even rap though, it's mostly hip hop and even r&b, which is different from rap.

Attached: ca1[1].png (1800x1578, 199K)

Amazing, it's like this was directly copy-pasta'd from some liberal rag.

>I LOOOVVEEEEE BLACK PEOPLE!!1 see im not racist!!111 Look at me listen to this rap!
>oh wow so deep! :)
>haha see you just fit into a stereotype! im way above that by embracing this shit culture typically nobody likes! how unusual!
>I must be really brave, intelligent, open or all three!!1

Attached: 8a4.jpg (316x202, 7K)

It's all garbage.
Not him but I like to shit on things I don't like. Sorry I invaded your safe space thread to doo-doo on your favorite chimp bongo-banger.

All I'm saying is that it's being misrepresentative of the music. Most of the important lyrics come after the section he posted. The first 45 seconds (even though they have meaning of their own) is mostly just there to have nice-sounding vocals and harmony before all of the instruments cut out during the gunshot "drop". It's there for contrast when the droning bass comes in during the actual verse with Gambino.

Nice ad hominem shit flinging ***debate***, retards

>it's the fact that nothing is ever done to prevent tragedies like this in the future.
>AY SOMEDin GOBBA BE DuN 4 DIS TRAGIDY!!!!!1111
>Y IS NOone dooin NUFFIN!

Attached: 1518147218238.png (408x450, 34K)

You're entitled to your opinion i guess, but i just don't act like a retard like that guy then (^:

Oh no, you're right. There's no way the song by the black guy in which he kills an unarmed black man and then shoots up a church then saying "this is America" is about gun violence. He's obviously a conservative and is talking about what Jow Forums thinks he's talking about.

Because as we know, rappers are always agreeing with white racists.

Nah, country is fine. Rap is pure liquid faeces in its entirety. Literally every single rap piece that was ever written and performed, has been shite.

Attached: 1450782408923.png (524x685, 14K)

>Nice ad hominem shit flinging ***debate***, retards
you mean exactly like the post i replied to
get fucking bent retard

Attached: 1517433054446.png (645x729, 105K)

The entire thing sucks. The beginning sucks, the middle sucks, the end sucks. It all sucks, it's all trash.

What a fucking idiot. And a smug one at that. The fact that this is the only country where shit like this proves that we have a problem but no one is doing anything about it.

You really think this song is about black on black violence rather than violence in general?

Amazing, this is just like it was copypasta'd from some Facebook-linked comment in a liberal rag.

How do you do it?

Do you just not like rap in general? Small wonder you don't like it then.

Attached: 1525827521390.jpg (466x363, 27K)

>AY YO HOMIE Y IS NO 1 BE DOIN NUFFIN BOUT DEM TRAGEDIES!!1111
>THINS B SO TRAGIC AND NO 1 B DOIN NUFFIN!

Attached: 1525067133529.jpg (645x729, 32K)

youve had 70+ posts to explain why its so good and meaningful, and yet all youve done is criticize everyone else for not realizing how good and meaningful it is.

if the only answer you can think of is that it says le violence is bad and nobody b doin nuffin
thats not good, thats probably the most basic lowbrow unimportant message you could possibly communicate. yea violence is bad, yea theres a decent amount, not as much in the past, so what?

Attached: 1518842846705.png (303x566, 163K)

gun violence apparently

>(((Whites)))
78% of slave owners were (((white))) in north America
0.8% were white
The rest were free blacks.

The transatlantic slave trade was exclusively (((white)))

The major shareholders of the East India company were (((white)))

The list goes on and yet my white Scottish ass needs to be lumped in with slave trading sandcunt scum.

You fuckers only pick on us because Jewish media misdirects you and Jew law courts give soft sentences for murderous animals.

Holocaust never happened, but should have.

Attached: b_1_q_0_p_0.gif (792x468, 119K)

>gun violence apparently
>muh violence is bad
so deep

Or we get rid of muslims and niggers. Just look at poland, pure genius how they solved terrorism and niggerculture in one go.

You all need to stop going out of your way to get offended by things you don't like. You claim to not be as easily triggered as SJWs but then every thread on shit like this or that has "fembot" in the title gets hundreds and hundreds of circlejerking replies

>implying meds aren't oppressed and picked on by nords and anglos
one day we will show them

Attached: 1524629153626.jpg (635x425, 104K)

You people are fucking retarded. The song is about how Black Artists are celebrated and beloved, but everyone ignores the problems in the black community. Evidence is as follows:
>Gambino is dancing like Jim Crow, figured used to entertain slaves.
>Intro is "Yeah, yeah, yeah, go, go away", meaning go away black man we don't care about your problems
>Bridge goes "We just wanna party Party just for you We just want the money Money just for you", meaning come on black man just party and make money, forget about your community
>Verses are inspired by typical rap lines of guns, drugs, and materialism, and include adlibs from rappers who all rap about those subjects.
>Refrain goes "Get your money, black man", once again telling the artist to keep making tunes and get money, forget your community
>Outro goes "You just a Black man in this world You just a barcode", meaning the black artist is just a commodity for the listener's pleasure. Also "You just a big dawg, yeah I kenneled him in the backyard No probably ain't life to a dog For a big dog", this means that black artist are chained into a box and are not expected to be more than guns, drugs, etc

>blacks are exploited
>its all whiteys fault
Incredible! somebody give this nigger a nobel!
niggers are like little wind up toys, they play the same tune every time

Attached: 345354334.jpg (620x501, 43K)

In other words, black people are destroying themselves and being fucking degenerates. Wow, deep message my dood. We've known that for years.

Attached: 1525799985512.jpg (213x190, 10K)

Do you have sources for all of that? I just browsed a list of the East India Company shareholders and didn't see many noticeably kike names.

There is a difference though, he's not blaming white people but other black people who embrace typical nigger culture.
Tell that leftwing leaning liberals. They will tell you all about its societies fault.

>There is a difference though, he's not blaming white people but other black people who embrace typical nigger culture.
I really think youve read that into his message. I bet if you interviewed him he would probably blame it at least half on whites.

its not that they are blaming whitey for their problems. it is just a critique on how the same person will love ignorant nigger music, but as soon as they try to make something uplifting for their community they don't give a fuck anymore

Are there really people who like this "music?
Why is that shit popular?

Well you can see it for yourself. Its not like you see white guys killing blacks in his video. The only whites are the cops who arrive after something happened and people running away from the crime scene.

He's the only one killing anybody in the video. He's doing it so it will be more shocking to see the star of the video shooting. If you look in the background, you'll see white people rioting too. Stop trying to make this video into a Jow Forumspoint.

All black people who have talked about this video predicted this. That white people will interpret this as a black on black violence thing. Even though no black man has ever shot up a church.

it's hotline miami for black ppl Tbh desu
gambino doesn't know what is real anymore and feels like a puppet, hence why he moves that weird
the only thing he still know is real are gunshots and violence just like jacket in hotline miami only really ever knows violence to be the only constant
what he sees and what we see are 2 different realities
he only sees other gangsters that are out to get him and wait for him to slip, while we see that they are just ppl trying to get by in this world without trying to bother anyone else

>Well you can see it for yourself. Its not like you see white guys killing blacks in his video.
>drawing evidence from a music video
I could see how you could make an argument that he places blame on white people.
>dances like jim crow, allusions to people using him; whites just want him for entertainment, purposely ignore problems.
he /could/ be.
it doesnt matter if he is or isnt; your alternative analysis isnt very interesting either.
>blacks have a shit culture and dont care.
ok.

apparently it was too deep for you to figure out on your own, pathetic brainlet

This was my take away too. And young rich white urbanite liberals will continue to "enjoy" this music while thinking they're helping the cause by spouting shit on their facebooks, entirely missing the point. I gotta be real I think there are many voices in the black community that are more self aware than most white people will ever be. and what's more they pass this on to the rest of the black community and a sort of collective awareness emerges
>inb4 how does tyrones cock tastes
I actually really don't like being around black people or their culture

I would like this a lot more if it weren't loved by the very same people it seems to try to slap across the face so they'll wake the fuck up. Blacks and liberals ought to be enraged and offended by this song as much as rednecks and conservatives are but they aren't. Gambino did a poor job here even if the underlying points are solid, the delivery is too friendly to the viewpoints it wants to change.

your right. maybe it doesn't just apply to whites. there are a lot of black artists and people who dont really care about the problem in their communities either.

>He's the only one killing anybody in the video. He's doing it so it will be more shocking to see the star of the video shooting.
The main focus is on the black guys however, the jim crow dance is more of a way to show he's a uncivilized ape that can only dance for people amusement. Only with the twist that he's also a very violent uncivilized ape, that is glorified in nigger culture. After all he sings how he's so "color," a real nigger so to speak, or he's so much into money and using guns.
>A Jow Forumspoint
What the fuck is a Jow Forumspoint? Fuck right off to your normalfag heaven, you leftist cunt.
>All black people
All black people should be shot on sight in my opinion and I don't fucking care about what they say, the musicvideo is rather clear. There is literally not one single way you can misunderstand it.
The whole thread is about this musicvideo in particular, so yes I draw evidence out of the musicvideo we're currently discussing.

Everything you say about the video is true but it's satire

Yea political satire that portrays reallife problems in america.

Seems to almost criticize black culture in a way. The way it starts out with a seemingly positive message and transitions to the killings, anarchy, and destruction makes me think he's trying to show that the poor state of black communities is really their own fault.

It's a woke video about black on black crime and the black communities morals and awareness about our short comings becoming worse and worse. That pose is the jim crow pose and shows that this is still us in 2018 america and we still blame the white man whilst staying ignorant to it all.
Brainlets will tell you it is anti gun/anti white though because they stoopid

Attached: 1523757280590.jpg (937x1171, 115K)

If it were about "all people" then black people and a caricature of black people wouldn't be the ones committing said violence.

Glover's like me: raised boogie and able to look more objectively at the failures of the black "community".

>Glover's like me: raised boogie and able to look more objectively at the failures of the black "community".
are you sure? everything I've seen says its about gun violence, etc.
If he was really saying something about the black community, why doesn't he be more explicit?