Insightful posts

Post what you have, I shall dump my folder in the meantime

Attached: Doom.png (1199x444, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PuNsMDYQjU8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nothing like good ol' uncertainty of the future

Attached: Doom2.png (1288x236, 50K)

>that one about how this world is a suffering factory and how we evolve so that we can suffer more exquisitely
>that one about a dude with a bayonet who goes around stabbing people in the heart

Funny, I do not have a doom3, must have missed it

Attached: Doom4.png (1274x370, 136K)

>where did you learn to count

Attached: Doom5.png (1233x336, 80K)

Haven't seen those user. They sound interesting though

Attached: Doom6.jpg (1200x281, 100K)

The meaning of life was revealed to me on r9k

Attached: Meaning of life.png (841x80, 7K)

>sentient stardust
yeah pretty much

Attached: Doom7.png (1896x177, 56K)

that's just dude science brah retardation

I love this one. It's too true

Attached: Doom8.png (1825x221, 75K)

saved this some time ago and still read it from time to time

Attached: 1515952207485.png (2524x798, 176K)

I was redpilled by this. So good.

Attached: statstics.png (1549x220, 65K)

Great anime yes

Attached: Doom9.jpg (2532x1784, 371K)

poverty's a bitch, pushed people over the brink

Attached: Doom10.png (894x1511, 215K)

Have another ori

Attached: Doom17.png (1155x587, 48K)

Honestly I have no idea user

Attached: Escape.jpg (946x341, 115K)

I'm a NEET of nearly 5 years and tried to kill myself recently, I failed but I realized something in that attempt. Life is absurd and so ephemeral, the only way I can find happiness is to do similar absurd things. It doesn't matter if life beats you down and treats you like shit if it's over after one go around. You have to break the routine, it doesn't necessarily mean get a job or a significant other. You have to change your mental state, your beliefs and your surroundings often otherwise you'll get complacent and go back to your former thinking. Do drugs, go out and ask a girl her number and get rejected, apply for jobs and try and then walk out if it's shit... what's it matter in the end? It doesn't user, you can make up a number of reasons for why life matters but in the end who's going to bother remembering all the dead and gone? Your own subjective happiness is more important then anything, you've only got this one life. Do you want to keep drudging through muddy water or do you want to walk on land? You've got time to think about it until you don't and when you don't nobody's going to give a shit.

Attached: smug.jpg (635x623, 59K)

spaghetti bump

Attached: Doom16.jpg (780x1000, 109K)

We are the weakest members of the pack everyone like to attack

Attached: the bad goys.png (890x560, 139K)

Our lives, mapped out

Attached: Doom14.jpg (634x2662, 897K)

Kaiji is so damn good

Attached: Doom15.jpg (600x3031, 167K)

Anyone got the one with the chemicals that destroy your brain when you're lonely?

One thing I learned from being a Wagie is having a job you don't enjoy isn't worth the commitment. It's much better to aim towards obtaining one job you like and can get eventually, than working multiple jobs you dislike but can get instantly.

I also learned if you don't feel a sense of reward, accomplishment, or achievement in whatever you're being compensated then it's not really a job. If you're not genuinely producing something you're proud of it's not a job. If you often loathe being there, it's not a job. It 's slavery

Attached: 1455925539605.jpg (447x458, 81K)

good advice, I'll make a commitment to myself now to never come back to r9k after this thread. I think the only difference between me and the other losers here is that I have a job and hobbies I really like. It really makes a difference to me, I would be one of you guys otherwise, lord knows I never socialize so I have nothing else going. It's just that this place scratches my itch for finding people who I can relate to, so it will be hard to leave without finding something to replace it. Any suggestions?

this thread is fucking terrifying
I come from privilege and i have squandered it.
Im 19 year old virgin and I am going to community college because im so fuckin lazy. Without my familys money i would be fucked. I hate myself. I dont care if anybody really reads this it just feels good to vent

FUCK I know the one you're talking about but I can't find it

I think i have it. hold on.

Im addicted to this site cause its the only place i can be my self

I read something in the paper about having lower memory capacity as you age based on how many hours you spend sitting down every day. I think this has more credibility than the loneliness thing. It could just as easily be that we're lonely because we're stupid and can't think of anything interesting to say.

found it!

select all the buses

Attached: cortisol and your brain.png (1621x989, 135K)

If anyone has them I would like to see the one about reincarnation and how every human in every epoch on the planet is just your soul reincarnating and the one about death being an adviser to a king. Lost my copies of those years ago. I know they don't exactly fit the thread but whatever.

The good news is that all of this is false. The basic form for most of the premises presented is
A, B -> C
B
|- C
Which is not actually correct. In particular, the physics grad example is of the form
A, B -> C
C -> D
D
|- B
Which is downright insane, logically speaking.

i'm not saying all of it is true. but the long term effects of high cortisol levels are certainly negative. when I first saw that screenshot a few years ago i did some googling and there are a bunch of studies on medpub backing this.

This one really got me. It's true

>long term effects of high cortisol levels
lots of people have high stress levels. People with demanding jobs, competitive athletes, etc. It's not unique to neets or socially retarded people.

>the long term effects of high cortisol levels are certainly negative.
This is B above.
A is a series of parameters, such as duration and magnitude of stressor. In terms of the physics example, a completely different and completely unrelated mechanism is at play, it's a red herring. Here is an actual paper which reviews studies about stress in human and murine models:
nature article at: articles/nrn2639

TL;DR: stress in adults is entirely reversible after a few weeks without the stressor in both human and murine models; the hypocampal shrinkage is not related to neuronal count (although neurogenesis is impacted: slowed down, not bounded), moreover interacting with your parents is enough (assuming they're real family and not evil crones) to alleviate the effects.

That is by opposition to exposure to stress in childhood and adolescence, where permanent damage will occur if the exposure is for extended durations. This is just attacking one axis of the claims in that post, too.

You know, I think the reason loners get singled out so much is because they are inadvertently committing social mutiny.
You're basically being made an example of for the others to stay in line just in case they get too upset with the captains of the societal ship.

Fuck I'm so lonely and realize it's my fault
I've never even TRIED to get the type of girlfriend I want yet I'm so mad I don't have one
Sometimes I wish she'd just knock on my door and tell me she knows everything and she'll be there for me but I'd probably close her out like I do with everyone

Move to the middle east where rape is legal.

I'm not a subhuman degenerate and I want an EMTIONAL bond not a sexual one,

Try realdoll I hear some of them can actually hold a conversation now.

>
TL;DR: stress in adults is entirely reversible after a few weeks without the stressor in both human and murine models; the hypocampal shrinkage is not related to neuronal count (although neurogenesis is impacted: slowed down, not bounded), moreover interacting with your parents is enough (assuming they're real family and not evil crones) to alleviate the effects.
I know how I'll disprove him! By proving him correct!

You should get a brain between now and your next post user. It would be a useful feature to acquire for your rest of your time on Jow Forums. You don't want to have to hire a retardese translator to translate your posts to English for the rest of your life, right?

they chose to expose themselves to those situations, though. it is within their control. they are also being rewarded for it.
it's not comparable to the life of an extremely ugly loner who has never had friends and remains a shut in well into his 30s.

>That is by opposition to exposure to stress in childhood and adolescence, where permanent damage will occur if the exposure is for extended durations.

this is me

In reality the brain only keeps one active goal at a time. When the goal is no longer being pursued, a different goal can engage (which can cause >tfw no gf). But meanwhile, if you're doing something, you're not being stressed by that while the activity is occupying your mind.

distractions used to work fine when i was younger (early 20s) but became less useful as i approached 30. being a virgin now occupies my mind pretty much full time.

>mfw I'm becoming that man and there's nothing I can do about it
Feels bad but at least I know I'll be a life lesson for everyone whose gaze has the misfortune of falling upon me

I'm past 30 and it barely occupies my mind at all. I have a lot of things I'm working on which occupy my mind most of the time, then there games and shows, and finally my lack of socializing is third place. Being a virgin barely registers, at this point I always will be so it doesn't matter anymore, I don't have to worry about it.

>Fall out of bed
>They're issuing lives for redmen and their wives
>Offering hands
>And twiddling thumbs for dreams that never come
>Often said
>"You better not look away, you'll lose the day"
>The way I see it, it's already lost
>"So then be it," they say
youtube.com/watch?v=PuNsMDYQjU8