Extreme Social Withdrawal

Does anyone else on here suffer from extreme social withdrawal?. If yes why are you a shut in Jow Forums?. I don't know if i would fall under the category of a hikikomori or whatever but i definitely am very similar to one i can't leave the house unless it's some place that's close to home and on rare occasions when i do go outside to places far away from home i go with people i feel comfortable around like my parents so i have a certain level of comfort around them but leaving the house alone is a very difficult thing for me to do

Attached: welcome to the nhk.jpg (802x1000, 101K)

Indeed, yes I do.

>Indeed, yes I do.

Okay.

I tend suffer that only if I have to avoid someone. My area becomes smaller and don't feel like leaving the house. I also reduce who I talk to unless I need something or they started a conversation.

What helped me in the past was I started talking more to people online, then people I'm around all the time (classmates and people at the job).

I think most of us do. I hate leaving the house because it's just so depressing. All that people. They look like they have places to go. They probably have friends and even partners because they can actually talk to strangers without having a panic attack. Some of them may even have families that are proud of them. People wearing suits. They probably have their shit together, or at least they have a job. Couples waking hand in hand, experiencing affection and company I can only imagine. Children playing out without a worry in the world. Teenagers hanging out and actually enjoying the best years of their lives. An elderly man with his arm wrapped around her wife's. People chatting, laughing, being happy. Fuck. Why can't I be like them? Why can't I naturally fit in? Why can't I manage to fit in even when I try my best?

It's just depressing, OP. Too much

>What helped me in the past was I started talking more to people online, then people I'm around all the time (classmates and people at the job).

That's good i guess.

>Why can't I be like them? Why can't I naturally fit in? Why can't I manage to fit in even when I try my best?
>It's just depressing,

This is exactly how i feel i've been a recluse for over a decade now and i stopped regularly going to school because of bullying and pressure from teachers to succeed even though they also kinda thought i was retarded as well because i was in special education. I still would go to school sometimes and did eventually graduate but that's only because my parents bribed the system. I had a few people i would chat with at school but really not very many friends at all and i would avoid the ones i did have and when i got home from school i would not talk to my parents at all just withdrawal myself in my room and never leave it and my dad would bring my meals to me leaving them outside the door or he would come in and set them on my desk and on my days off from school or on my days i skipped school i never left my room.

I was that kid in school who never talked and so I feel like because I didn't grow up normal I am forever doomed to be weird

>I feel like because I didn't grow up normal I am forever doomed to be weird

I know right that feel bro.

Attached: 6ebc7168bd75d67a25722781782bac35d31f4122443a1c3615f6babf7a59dd6f.jpg (400x400, 26K)

I'm in your same situation. I'm a shut-in because other people are ugly and loud and I'd rather not deal with them. I have fun things to do at home, and the internet to keep me company. Interacting with real people is exhausting and not fulfilling at all.

I don't know what to do with myself
Originaloeoeoeoeoe

Well yeah, that's what happens. If you were weird as a kid it's probably because you were born with a fucked brain. Your brain doesn't unfuck itself just because you're out of school.

I used to be like this. The good news is that you CAN change, no matter how impossible it seems to you. The bad news is that it's hard and takes a lot of time and effort. For me what helped was moving out to live alone to go to university. Still, it took years and a lot of effort to really improve and many times it seemed like I relapsed and it was all for nothing. Also if you are older and/or don't have some kind of reason to force you to start, it may be a lot harder.

don't say this please

This guy is right to be honest.

>if you are older and/or don't have some kind of reason to force you to start, it may be a lot harder.

Im 25.

To be honest I'm sort of afraid of people in public. For instance if someone at the store is in the same aisle as me I feel really uncomfortable and come back only when I see it's empty. Same for a local park or something. In public I feel like I'm being watched all the time, like I'm on display and people are scrutinizing me... I know it's not true, in reality literally nobody gives a shit about me and is just focusing on themselves, but I can't help it. I'm scared this is some form of narcissism or something.

I've been a recluse for about seven years, and I only leave the house when absolutely necessary, which is about once every two to three weeks. Sometimes I stand around thinking about how I would like to leave, but I can never manage to motivate myself to leave. I think about how uncomfortable I will be when I see someone else and it's too much. Seven years ago I had a normal job and could manage social interaction very well. I have always been an introvert, but over the course of about a year I stopped going to school, then work, and eventually I couldn't maintain a long-term relationship I was in. Most of my days are filled with distractions that take my mind off of what a disaster of a person I am.

>Most of my days are filled with distractions that take my mind off of what a disaster of a person I am.

Same here.

Your best bet in my opinion is finding a decent job where you get to interact with coworkers, go for lunch together etc. Also hope the coworkers themselves are nice people.

This, especially the relapsing part. I'm in med school now and I'm forced to interact with patients every morning of the week, it took 3 years but now I feel more comfortable. When I'm on a break for more than a week though it feels like it's getting worse again so I force myself to go out and see friends.

This, but for different reasons. I'm actually afraid of dying.

I'm afraid of someone pulling out a gun to kill, rob, or murder me. Or a knife, or a car. You never know in Clapistan. It's the primary reason why I'm so distrustful, and the secondary reason as to why I don't go out much (cars and driving on roads carry an inherent risk, you could be involved in a car crash).

Aside from that, I think I've just kinda devolved on a social/mental level. It's already hard enough for me to attach myself to my family outside of a few relatives. I've never been a part of "society" as a whole. I've spent more time in my room than most normal people who are twice my age probably have in their entire life.

There are a couple of reasons I don't go out, the more embarrassing one is that I kimd of don't want to break the streak, the legitimate reason though is that I just can't be comfortable around people, it's gotten to the point that I don't even talk to the friends I have online anymore. I'm always on edge about people, and any activity that I can think of wanting to do near them, like seeing a movie or going to the library or the park or something, doesn't seem worth the extra stress and frustration. Activities that don't include other people like going out into nature or going around just looking at stuff like buildings and landmarks and shit is just too out of the way for me since I don't have a car and can satisfy that urge to an extent of the computer with games and videos. Really I'm quite happy just as long as I'm alone or at least can drop in and out of contact as a wish, which is why I like this site, I just wish I could get cannabis from a shop or something, cause if it's me, weed and a view I can die happily right there in that moment.

Literally just finished this show an hour ago.
I don't suffer from social withdrawal. I hate going outside, I can't stand it but I don't feel I have any problem talking to strangers especially when I need to get shit done.
The way Sato was, I feel like you'd need to suffer from a serious mental affliction like autism or aspergers to be that bad about being in public.
I want a Misaki.

Attached: 1490798073310.jpg (719x586, 87K)

>The way Sato was, I feel like you'd need to suffer from a serious mental affliction like autism or aspergers to be that bad about being in public.

Most hikikomori are autistic.

I do suffer the issue is I believe I deserve to suffer so basically self harm to my brain.

>I do suffer the issue is I believe I deserve to suffer so basically self harm to my brain.

I know how you feel.