Strength/Aesthetics

why is it recommended to hit 1/2/3/4 before started hypertrophy training?
I've seen many fitizens say if they could go back and change one thing they would done SS/SL for a year before starting to train for aesthetics.
Why is this?

Attached: Screenshot_2017-10-12-09-36-57-142_com.snapchat.android.png (1080x1920, 2.21M)

Because it gives you a good understanding of how your body works, what muscles grow fast, if your lower/upper body dominant. If you need to focus on calves/forearms or they grow just by doing squats/deadlifts.

If you're a chestlet/shoulderlet etc etc.

plus many people will overtrain their upperbody and kind of neglect their lowerbody on these hypetrophy program. Because leg hypertrophy sucks ass to do desu.

So it gives you good dicipline and a good base to work with.

when youre new strength gains and size gains match fairly closely, assuming good genetics

Does 1/2/3/4 mean 1rep maxes or working sets in this situation?

Because they - understandably - regret wasting their noob gains on their upper body and isolation exercises.

Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.

It's not recommended by anyone.
Do whatever you want.

You need to be able to do a working set of 8 with each weight.
Immediately after each lift you have to do pull ups to failure.

Bit of a cop out because you can probably do 4pl8 deads for 8 reps and then 1 pull up brings you to failure. 1 pull up is nothing.

Newfag here. What does 1/2/3/4 mean?
Is it plates on 4 different exercises?
And how much weight is those plates? And what exercises?

Bicep Curls/Tricep Pushdown/Side Lateral Raise/Calf Raises.

You really need to do your own research.

Just this one: OHP, bench, squat, DL. 45lbs plates on each side of a 45lbs bar in USA, 20kg plates everywhere else.

It can either be 1RM or working set, depending on how the poster is using it

60/100/140/180
Press/Bench/Squat/Deadlift

IMO I agree w . Half of it is learning how your body works and responds, the other half is building up a base for hypertrophy work that requires lifting heavy weights. To build mass you need strength and vice versa. Hence why you don't see tiny people benching 100kg

If I could go back I'd do something like this 3 times a week.

Squat/DL
Back extension,
Bench/Ohp
Pull-up/Chin-up
Dips
Dumbbell Row

15-20 reps for 6 months
then go to 8-15 for 6 months
then go into 1-8 and build strength.

there's tiny people that can bench up to 150 kg in some PL feds
strength doesn't equal size until you maxxed out your CNS pretty much, which is at late advanced levels

You cant waste noob gains you fucking idiot

Muscle mass is exponentially harder to obtain. The first kg is easier than the next. But you cant "waste" the time you start lifting. If you lift like shit for 10 years then left well for 1 that 1 year will see the most gains anyway.

You might as well get strong before you worry about anything else. But i wouldnt think about it only in terms of ohp/bench/squat/deads

In fact remove the deads. Not worth the risk.

If you lift for hypertrophy you need a certain load to achieve a certain look. For example, if you started off benching 95 3x12, yeah you will achieve sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, but you'll only get big to a certain degree until your body stops adapting. If you do the same rep range but with 225, you'll get even bigger. You can't just bench 135x12 and think it's going to work forever

The heavier the weight you can do high reps with = the more aesthetic you will look. 1/2/3/4 is just a good baseline because it's attainable after 8-12 months of lifting, perfectly possibly, and going beyond that requires specific work, dedication, and mindset

Doing low weight high reps is spinning your wheels. You can do 135 3x12 and not look like you lift, do 225 or even 185 3x12 and I guarantee you'll have a chest

Rly? Not even for 1x5 twice a week?
wot replace deads with then?

back squats are more dangerous that deadlift if you have good form on both

only manlets think back squats are safe

>1/2/3/4 is now 8RM

WTF? When I first started coming here as skelly It was considered to be the standard for 1RM. Then as I progressed to intermediate it became the standard for 5RM. Now I'm just confused as to why the "average" lifter is as strong as an NFL player now?

You dont need them at all. A normal full body workout does everything deads do without the risk.

No one has good form on deads period. No one natty at least.

obvious bait dude it wasn't even high quality