How big/strong can you get with a purely calisthenics routine?

How big/strong can you get with a purely calisthenics routine?

Attached: Calisthenics.jpg (800x445, 229K)

you can definitely get a big upper body, legs will be tough

Not very. There is no way to progressively overload whilst keeping in a reasonable rep range for strength and hypertrophy, and no way to train legs.

In theory just as big as weights. If you can use one muscle group to provide resistance against the other, then you should be able to produce more resistance than you are able to overcome.
Examples
>calf lifts while peoviding resistance by pushing on ceiling
>hand stand military press while pushing up with legs
>pull ups(body weight is all that is necesary after about 200 lbs) but could also hook legs to provide addituonal resistance
>Dips(same as above)
The only provlem is really having the bar set ups. But long story short, you could get pretty fucking huge

just lunge walk EVERYWHERE

it's retarded, even common bodyweight exercises are made better by adding weight (e.g. pull-ups)

stop being poor/anti-social and sign up to a gym, weirdo

In theory, With good genetics, you will get a decent body after a few years.

In practice, you will weigh 155lbs and look gulag mode.

And when you get to a 100 reps for each, then what?

And no legs?

You wouldn't. The point im trying to make is you are creating resistance by pushing down with another muscle group. I used to work my calves this way in my basement which had low ceilings. I would create resistance by pushing up with force and was able to create enough resistance to work them to failure after 8-10 reps.
Again im just saying in theory with the right set up its possible. Its obviously still a retarded idea unless you are in a pow camp or something

There are calisthenic body builders. There’s always a way to increase the difficulty of a body weight excercise without adding weight.

You’re not very creative...

Basically, look at the average US Army infantryman (11b). All they do is calisthenics and running because it's the easiest and cheapest way to train a whole bunch of guys at once. None of them are big (unless they lift as a hobby), but they are generally what the public would call "toned"

So just have them do whatever dumb shit their hungover squad leader thought of at 0500? lmfao

Could also be because they can't afford to have a gym at every base or whatever.

And you dont want some of your solders being stronger than others.

I already go to a gym, but I have some friends of mine who just do bodyweight shit, and always invite me to the park to work out with them,

Exactly.
For legs you want to grip a fixed bar at shoulder level. Crouch to a squad position. On a single leg, stand while providing resinstance using your arms. Total resistance would be you weight plus what you can ohp say around 200 + 160 or 360 on a single leg. Its doable.

The Guys in gymnastics in HS werestrong and super otter mode or built. Good way to built muscle and strength OP.

Every base has a gym, multiple, in fact. Hell, even some of the pretty small FOB's in warzones had some kind of free weight set up. They want you generally as strong as possible. The only thing I can think of that would be an issue was if you did BB stuff and got pretty big somehow, you might get some higher up demanding you get tested for roids.
I dunno, we always did platoon or company PT depending on the day. It was retarded, but generally followed regulation. Push ups (a few modified ones as well), sit ups, crunches, pull ups, butterfly kicks, burpies, mountain climbers, lunges, squats, and a bunch of other shit. I don't think it did a bunch for becoming stronger, but it was certainly hard exercise.

Your legs will be weak. Weak legs mean weak person. Gym is better but do some bodyweight stuff with your friends for socialization

Instead of adding weights you have to progress through variations. Just do a lot of volume and you'll get big.

You can get pretty fucking fit. Definetly adding definition and size. Super sets are great, such as dips and pushups, or pullups and hand stand pushups.

For legs you can do pistol squats, jumping squats, and normal squats, all to burnout one after another. Or for back superset pullups, rest 30 secs and max out chin ups, do that a couple of times. Youo definetly will be gaining muscular endurance and stamina

Not OP but, I've been lifting for a couple of years now and thinking of switching it with just bodyweight calisthenics. I can pretty easily set up a pull up bar plus some paralels for dips and what not in my garage and just focus on those.
Pull ups, muscle ups, push ups, dips, leg raises, pistol squats and some other stuff would be pretty much all I do.

Going for pic related as my goal body, thoughts?

Attached: achilles.jpg (929x700, 99K)