Any of you do freestyle wrestling? How does it affect your gains?

Any of you do freestyle wrestling? How does it affect your gains?

Attached: 1CA1DF93-0943-4823-90C9-F1FD025C4C9D.jpg (449x327, 61K)

I did start wrestling but soon started to do grecko.
My gains are good wrestling is heavily demanding in terms of strength espacially maximal strength and endurance.
Most wrestling gyms have a room or a place with benches recks and dumbells so you can cancel your fittnes club membership and train there.
The team spirit is very immense and they will push you to train harder and get better if you tell them you want to fight.
Joining wrestling was the best decision in my life in terms of athletisosm and social life.
Only cons
-probility of cauliflower ears
-to compete on a high level you need to make weight ( 1 or 2 kilo are easy but 6 to 8 kilos have a high chance of injury)
-sometimes people will call your hobby gay (but if you train wrestling hard enough your body will mog these twinks in the ground)

Btw i went from 72 kilos up to 79 kg thanks to wrestling.
So the gaines are lit af.

I wrestled in high school. I think cutting weight might have stunted my growth but I love the shit out of the the sport.

>the gaines are lit af
You didnt wrestle seriously casually gaining weight like that. Its only a substitute for weight training for hypertrophy if you have 0 muscle on your frame

Very good sport for getting lean depending on how you train. Wish I still wrestled.
>tfw choked away my potential in highschool because anxiety disorder

Attached: CA265DED-C6A4-4FA8-AEB4-FDC6094145E9.png (656x755, 39K)

I quit my gym but am re joining because the wrestling gym is not open 24/7 and equipment sucks.

Initially I trained 4 days a week and my nerves were fucked so I’m down to 2 wrestling days and 3 gym days a week.

I love the sport but I’ve gotten injured from it so many times due to inexperience. It’s the toughest sport I’ve ever participated in. Any advice or tips? Also does headgear reduce colliflower ears?

Why do grecko instead of freestyle?

I was a skelleton when i started and got rackdolled at the beginning so gaining weight was the only option and my goal.
Also when its not in the 3 months of fighting season (the most serious part) many fighters gain around 4 kilos.

Yeah headgear purpose is to protect the ears. Where did you find a gym? Are you in a flyover state where wrestling is a big thing?

>does headgear reduce cauliflower ears?

of course it does, why would you ask a question with such an obvious answer?

Unfortunately I live in Australia (perth), there is only 1 wrestling club. There are roughly 8 people on average per session that vary in weight. Some people 10kg lighter and 10kg heavier. I feel like when I vs ppl of different weight it’s difficult to train properly.

I'm to tall for freestyle and dont have a very high agility so it wasnt that great. Also i started training wrestling with 20 and with less experience grecko is easier.

The wrestlers told me it’s mainly to protect your ear drums so I never got it.

David Taylor would disagree Satan

That makes sense, I’m training freestyle wrestling at 24, I’m physically fit but I feel like a baby learning all the techniques.

In germany no one traines or fights with head gear and i still see them very sparingly.

It feels like some people just get them very fast and others not so fast

Im 10 cm taller then taylor and weight 8 kilos less than him ( when he is cutting). So im still too much of a skelleton for freestyle he wouldnt doubt that.

Attached: fitjoust.png (993x594, 324K)

Kek

I'm wrestling folk right now in MAWA (midAtlantic boiz know what's up) and trying to break into freestyle. If I find success in it I'll let Jow Forums know

THE god-tier sport.

Generally people think the ultimate sport = fighting, and for good reason. That's the most direct and total competition there is, two lions on the veldt seeing who gets the pussy and who doesn't. Evolution in action. You don't use a racket or a ball to impose your will, you do it with your own hands.

Now wrestling is like that, but when you take out the striking and submissions you have to engage your opponent more bodily. You get something every bit as direct as a fight but with more physical intensity. That's why matches are 6 minutes instead of 25 for an MMA title fight. And top-level guys at the Worlds and Olympics STILL gas.

It's one of the most physically and mentally demanding things you can do. If you can do it at a high level it's the most incredible feeling and the rest of life seems boring as hell.

Attached: 1522035517145.gif (350x228, 1.11M)