ITT: God-tier isolations

Attached: cable-face-pull_1.jpg (483x300, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vS0k8Wq5CCg&t=1m19s
youtube.com/watch?v=LtKe1ZnyRK8
youtube.com/watch?v=d2s5pCQKBRU
t-nation.com/training/tip-get-twice-the-triceps-growth
youtu.be/HSoHeSjvIdY?t=36
youtube.com/watch?v=7bLivsAhDFY
youtube.com/watch?v=MiRAi2KOfRQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My life is an isolation

Attached: 1517324491340.jpg (1280x1122, 255K)

hngg face pulls feel so good

i looked at this and laughed but it’s good. maybe it’s just the dudes face

How I eat pussy

Fucking awesome

Attached: ef0149e494e66c1352f8db89abc6a659.png (1320x1175, 713K)

Attached: 1511277777973.jpg (574x430, 28K)

That's not an isolation tho

What does this isolate I’m actually curious

rear delts

Rear delts and anterior traps, great for posture too

You have to raise your elbows higher than your ears or your biceps take on too much of the work and it becomes an ineffectual compound

>2 joints
>isolation
absolute state of brainlets

Hey man, at least the world is still beautiful and you have eyes and ears to witness it

How do I do this without cables ? I have a homegym with only a barbell and squat rack. Is it possible with resistance bands ?

Lying horizontally on a bench or table with your arms and head overhanging the end, then pulling something up. Basically, turn this image on its side.

Yes, it's great with resistance bands

And curls are a compound movement because they work your forearms, grip strength, core stability and shoulder then?

>raise your elbows higher than your ears
Is it just me or is this virtually impossible to do?

>tfw blind and deaf

>involves elbows and shoulders
>also core and legs for stability
>isolation

this, this shit engages all of your delt to varying degrees, the biceps, forearms and upper traps. probably a shit ton of other small muscles that i dont know about

>he doesn't have marfan syndrome limbs

And stress squeeze toys are a compound exercise because you have to use your diaphragm to breathe and heart to pump blood while you use them

I always see lanky DYELs doing this. buddy there are so many other exercises you should be doing right now, is rear delt really such a priority?

Raise your hands in the air

shall I also wave 'em like I just don't care?

The guy in the pic is doing them wrong though. You're supposed to finish the movement by rotating your arms so that you end up in a "double bicep" pose

Attached: 1499792384573.jpg (250x248, 14K)

Yep. I do it with the rope.

>I just had a feel

Isolation exercises are those where more than one joint is moved as part of the exercise. Bracing your core and gripping hard don't count.
>curls
>shoulders
Is this you? youtube.com/watch?v=vS0k8Wq5CCg&t=1m19s

Face pulls are not Isos

>he doesn’t know that face pulls are one of the best exercises for your upper back

no more*

Post delts

Yes, it is.
Lifting weights is extremely anterior dealt and internal rotation sided. You will fuck up your position and shoulder health if you do not do anything against that.
Everyone that lifts weights should train external rotation and rear delts. It's usually the noobs who don't.

When you do face pulls make sure you externally rotate your shoulder. Many people who grip the rope like in OP's pic rotate their shoulders inward which is BAD.

To make sure you don't internally rotate, grip the rope with your palms facing each other (from underneath). Omarisuf has a video of this.

Attached: D1857BD8-F84B-4E45-B5E6-FA91E3DBC580.jpg (500x375, 18K)

Attached: 1514002349049.png (1398x925, 644K)

dleet this nig

Attached: 1464395762427.jpg (207x244, 8K)

Deadlift
- isolates every muscle in the body all at once

Attached: 54453454.jpg (650x499, 144K)

youtube.com/watch?v=LtKe1ZnyRK8

>he curls the curved bar instead of straight
Homo detected

Attached: 1515388151502-b.jpg (600x677, 43K)

This, I started doing them twice a week, in addition to other rotator cuff exercises and they're incredible for my shoulder mobility (lifetime of hunched-over posture). I do them especially on push days when my shoulders are extremely overloaded.

>How dare you care about shoulder health at such an early stage

I can’t do face pulls stood straight because it just knocks me off balance

Wat do?

You're missing out...

...on even worse misery

Attached: cable-rotationals-richard-bacon-fat-burning-workout-07072011.jpg (500x375, 47K)

Attached: iso.png (480x480, 129K)

>What does this isolate?

>Rear delts and anterior traps

confirmed retard

also

>anterior traps

stop posting

I do not like this exercise one bit. Every gym I go to has dumb bells ate really inconvenient sizes so they then to hit me during the motion.

Tricep pulls downs are my jam

>calling them isolations
Today OP was not a faggot. Thank you for not saying "accessories" outside of a powerlifting programming context.

That little flex at the top of the push-up that hits the Serratus Anterior.

Attached: 1519871054700.jpg (186x356, 10K)

I love these

fuck you man straight bar hurts my wrists

>is rear delt really such a priority?
Assuming you OHP heavy, then the only delt not getting hit is the rear one.

You can build good shoulders just doing OHP and facepulls.

his barber did some serious isolation on that fade, jesus christ.

How many isolation's for a muscle should you do?

Is it worth doing Skullcrushers and cable pulldowns for example in the same workout? Or is it better to alternative it between workouts?

Kek

My dad once taught me to do an equal amount of reps halfway up, from halfway and then full curls in one set. Was I being memed or has anyone else heard of this?

Called 21's. Usually 7-7-7

They're called 21's but in my opinion they're pointless and do more harm than good. Focus on full range of motion, that'll grow your body faster than any other meme exercise like 21's.

Hey hate to be a pain but can someone explain to me what isolations are and what the actual point of them is in actual english

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1470679259753.jpg (249x213, 13K)

>You have to raise your elbows higher than your ears
ourguy Jeff said the complete opposite

To isolate and work a certain muscle. As opposed to a compound exercise like dl/squat/bench

They work as few muscles as they can to be most effective to the muscle it is working. When multiple muscles are being used the movement is easier and you don't work as hard, so you want to isolate them to work each muscle as hard as it can be.

oh sweet okay ty that was way simpler than I thought

>he calls it the "curved bar"

Attached: 1512934256460.jpg (320x320, 17K)

Sorry but side delts are never the limiting factor for delts. There is some spillover from the radiation effect but cmon OHP is front delts and triceps.

Pendlay rows work rear delts and are generally a much more effective compound movement

>When multiple muscles are being used the movement is easier and you don't work as hard
Sometimes I don't even bother responding to retarded posts with insults but this is not one of those times

Attached: 1508542982682.jpg (771x547, 78K)

those dont train the long head as well tho

you can do skull crushers with a bar or db, and just tilt your arms further back so the skull is not crushed but the db would drop above your head if you go too low

youtube.com/watch?v=d2s5pCQKBRU
like halfway thru this video

Havent left my house since 26th of March.

Attached: 1523215477203.jpg (720x398, 74K)

Pendlay rows are next to deadlifts for great ways to ruin your spine

>fuck you man straight bar hurts my wrists

u gay?

elbows closer to your body, wrists neutral to your forearm, wrist mobility

t-nation.com/training/tip-get-twice-the-triceps-growth
Not for isos.

I often find these put too much pressure on my rotor cuff, tri pull downs have the same effect with non of those side effects

What. Put your hands on your head.

Pull downs work your lateral head. These are way better for your long head desu. I noticed a massive difference after I realized how under developed my long head was from only doing push downs.

What do you mean about rotation when you do face pulls. I don't wanna fuck up my shoulders it back.
Does anyone have a code gif or webm with correct form?

It's an old method, but I don't see it as especially useful.

Attached: ED09ABFA-E1A0-434E-9020-F1AB45D50D2E.png (866x900, 94K)

I pull back farther and get into a half squat then do facepulls. Keeps my body balanced.

Lean back

Anterior traps hahahahahahahahaha

youtu.be/HSoHeSjvIdY?t=36

youtube.com/watch?v=7bLivsAhDFY

youtube.com/watch?v=MiRAi2KOfRQ

>Never knew what they were called
>unironically call them squiggly boys

Attached: 1510367980825.png (1428x1072, 68K)

today i fucking destroyed my biceps with that shit. I then curled the same bar in preacher. Never had a bigger pump than todays.

I do upright rows.
How are my shoulders?

THANK YOU. I have been doing them slightly wrong
Love getting actual help in /fit

dead

Back to plebbit dyel

Attached: 1521543383381.png (413x533, 82K)

In a good way?

checked and bump

>on the verge of ww3
yeah might not be true

Thats some old school methods , my dad tells me why ohp form is wrong and that i should push press, you cant always listen to these old timers