Could you date someone in the 85-90 IQ range...

Could you date someone in the 85-90 IQ range? Or would it get seriously frustrating after a while if they never understand anything and you have to explain everything explicitly?

Attached: 1390508676861.jpg (800x602, 317K)

I was able to keep it up for like 5 months, and then I just couldn't any more.

Nope, I don't even like to repeat myself much less explain anything, not someone who likes to be smarter than others
>implying i could get any gf

I'm more interested in their ability to look normal outside I don't need them to be a quiz winner.

I'm currently dating someone who's English is good but they don't understand sometimes which I think is a fair trade since I think their ability to speak multiple languages is a plus.

How would you even know what their IQ is? You probably can't even give examples of how people with low IQs behave.

Imagine being so autistic that you'd perform an IQ test on your significant other, get the fuck out of here sperglord trash.

>be thread making guy
>want to know if anons would date a stupid partner
>well how stupid
>i guess in this range of average
>YOU CARE ABOUT AVERAGES SPERGLORD?

>be on r9k
>be significantly below average in social skills
>be slightly above average in intelligence
>refuse to date someone slightly below average in intelligence
>die a virgin

no, unless i could somehow guarantee that my kids wont be dumb

The specific IQ doesn't matter, it's whether they're noticeably dumb to the point where it's intolerable to be around them.
The fact you took it literally implies you aren't very bright yourself.

How exactly would you determine someone's average IQ? Any examples you could provide?
What is it like communicating with someone of a low IQ?
I mean I have a high IQ but I'm shit at socializing. I also don't socialize or get out all that often.

>What is it like communicating with someone of a low IQ?
Ever posted in a thread on Jow Forums? It's a lot like that.

You can hazard some good guesses toward functional retards.

Once you begin to talk to them about something that isn't superficial, they begin to malfunction. It's not even the same as uneducated dumb or poor dumb, there is something that is markedly different about these people. At least uneducated people have a point to what they say, these fuckers will drone on about nothing but they look normal so you don't question them until you dissect what they say or reflect on it later.

>in this range of average
You can't even describe the behavior of people who have an IQ in that range. The OP just threw in some random number 'cause he's a faggot.

>the specific IQ doesn't matter
>that's why I threw in a specific range instead of just saying 'dumb people'
Dumb nigger attempts to perform damage control.

literally all he's saying is imagine someone who's intelligence is 85% of average.

I would rather die alone, thankfully stupid women are quite rare, women tend to be more average. Even the "stupid" ones are fairly okay socially.

Honestly no. I work behind a counter dealing with customers and everyone in the 85s range are as dumb as a brick. And it is easy to tell, for example they see a sign on an item stating 3$ and they go and ask "How much would it cost for 5 of these?", they struggle with the change or don't understand basic directions.
If I go into a relationship is because I want it to last, and to maybe have kids in the future. I wouldn't subject them to the torment of having a dumb mother, and even worse, that my kids turn out to be dumb too.

whose*
imagine someone like me, fuck.

Nothing in this post describes a reproducible method to assess the intelligence of people, in fact what you described actually applies to your post, you're giving a very superficial answer and droning on about practically nothing.

>there is something that is markedly different
Yet a 'smart cookie' like you can't put it into words, lmao.

That's not how IQ works. A person who has an IQ of 85 does not possess 85% of the intelligence of an average man (let's assume 100 is the average).

>What is le standard deviation?

This thread is full of faggots.

Never said I was a smart cookie. Not OP. Just something I've observed.

>> 45600923
> Do you have to explain everything explicitly?
I'm not sure how people are idiots around them, but having to explain over and over again is because some kind of misinterpretation is happening, and if communication is not successful, the fault is from whoever sends the "message ".

Ops, not sure how dumb people around ou are**. lol

Can't stand to be friends with people below 130 iq, let alone date. Listening to them ramble about what's on tv and what celeb is dating who, constantly taking about garbage... no thanks. Fucking a retard is as bad as fucking an animal, how could you date one? I don't know where I would even meet a person like that though.

This is going to sound extremely conceited, but here goes.
I'm frustrated with how stupid like 99% of people are. 80-90 would definitely drive me nuts, because honestly, people in the 110-120's and even 130's range drive me nuts.
There is only so much that can be attributed to a defect in my own ability to communicate. People simply cannot reason, cannot entertain abstract concepts, and cannot keep track of what was said five seconds ago. Moreover, most of them draw from a very shallow pool of knowledge and an even shallower one of ideas they've truly entertained, making references or analogies to those things impossible. I have to dumb myself down so often with almost everybody, and it really does feel like handling children sometimes.
I still respect people who are dumber than me, which is almost all of them, if they're just flat-out better people than I am or have qualities I look up to. I just can't stand them day-by-day because I'm impatient and it would wear on me.
So no, hell no, absolutely not.

>I wouldn't subject them to the torment of having a dumb mother

This, my mom is dumb as a sack of rocks and it's extremely frustrating to deal with. Sometimes I have to explain the same fucking thing 10 times before it clicks.

>be me, 27 at the time I think
>talking on MSN chat
>chat with black qt3.14 about 5'9, my age
>some flirting, but she's not much for conversation
>she posts a lot of wants to meet up
>whynot.gif
>take her to some dumb movie, Halloween "H2O" I think
>go back home
>she still can't converse
>try to teach her to waltz for some reason
>yeah, that failed
>she doesn't flirt with me anymore online
>guess I made her feel retarded

>because her IQ was 80

btw if you're white and reasonably articulate, you can hoover up black chicks with 100-110 IQ. They target non-redneck white dudes. It's the same with smart black dudes, there are lots of white chicks for them.

Well, it's nice to see a fellow truly intelligent person having escaped the /sci/-zoo. I don't feel the need to dumb myself down to other people because I just don't care if they don't understand me (the perks of being a TruNEET pariah), but I do know what you're talking about. Climbing down from the Ivory Tower all the time can be cumbersome. Unfortunately however, my intelligence and my charismatic personality is all that I have to offer. I'm ugly, poor, and I am in poor health, and beggars can't be choosers. Moreover, I've been with intellectual averages or slightly below before, and while it wasn't ideal I wasn't deeply upset about it.

But below 90 IQ or whatever it really goes south fast :( Too bad when it is with people who clearly have pleasant personalities, it can't be easy to live on that level of intelligence. I am impressed by them to say the least.

By the way, have you tried growing more tolerant as a person with the people just slightly beneath you in terms of intelligence at least? You know, start somewhere? Embrace the 130-140 IQ crowd! I know they have their limits, but at least they can be reasoned with to some degree.

Attached: 1522299069867.jpg (891x717, 85K)

>By the way, have you tried growing more tolerant as a person with the people just slightly beneath you in terms of intelligence at least? You know, start somewhere? Embrace the 130-140 IQ crowd! I know they have their limits, but at least they can be reasoned with to some degree.
I associate with people who are brick-fucking-dumb all the time. It's not like I don't respect them, and again, some of them are just flat-out better people than I am and have qualities that I look up to. I'm still beneath them in a way and I know it.
Just how I love children but don't feel that they can truly resonate with me because there's just more to me, I feel with most people. And in order to be in a relationship that isn't just a long, losing battle, I need to be able to decompress and by myself. That requires a kind of silent understanding. Not possible if they're so dumb it's grating.
It's not a personal or moral thing. You can not hate somebody's voice and still be sick of it if you never get a break. It's just that, but with stupidity.

Really normal IQ is within one standard deviation of 100, so say 68% of people are within 90-110, chances are I've met tons of people 85-90 IQ range if that's the lower 16%. I mean I wouldn't date most people but if that was the ONLY deciding factor here then I wouldn't necessarily not date them based on that. I feel like someone like that might not have the emotional intelligence to deal with a relationship, among other things, but I don't know if that's really related to your IQ anyhow.

low IQ in a girl is irrelevant as long as she does what she's told

Dude, 85 IQ is bordering high-functioning retardation. Koko the literal gorilla scored ~85 in a standardized IQ test.
I feel you are not really cognizant just how low that is, you would grow frustrated really fucking fast.
Since I am at 137 I'd go as low as 97 and that's a stretch. 40 points with 15 being a standard deviation, we'd be able to at least communicate.

Alright. Just out of curiosity, have you ever been with a woman with an intelligence level that wasn't inherently irritating to you?

Attached: 1405362628308.jpg (640x833, 93K)

95 IQ reportiing in

Attached: 1464920111490.jpg (768x768, 180K)

I fully understand you user, I had this problem with my ex. She was decent, but she just couldn't match me intellectually, I know that sounds pretentious but that's the best way I can put it. I like to talk about complex ideas and philosophy and I expect for my partner to be able to pull their own weight in these topics.

It was really disheartening when I'd sort of put an idea on the table and she'd just let out some sort of disinterested "hm." The only time I was able to get a response is if I asked a direct question, but then she'd turn into a babbling idiot, stumbling all over herself.

Yes, once. And I've crushed on girls whose minds I really liked many times more than once without being in a relationship.

No, you're exactly right. It kills conversation, and that makes it impossible to let loose and just bullshit with each other.

Yes. Dumb girls are cute

What if she's not stupid from genes just huffing gasoline too much? Gasoline smells good so it's easy to give you brain damage.

I have to explain EVERYTHING to her.
She dropped out early junior year.
I started truancy in 7th grade and barely appeared for school until sophomore year when I dropped out.
She is a complete fucking idiot and weak. Its damn hilarious.
If she read this post she would have to ask me what it meant and what most of the words were.

It doesnt help that she cant fucking see at all. She's too quiet to tell her doctor her glasses dont work very well. I have to hand eye coordinate her in low light. She literally jumps out of her seat on a night drive when car lights are in the opposing lane. And now shes trying for a permit.

Everything she has boasted about has been a lie.
Knowing her real mom, being able to drive stick, being able to cook, and having a history of working for more than a month.

I absolutely love her, but her coming to terms that I want an honest capable wife has been a wake up call. She keeps trying to right herself and learn new skills from me. But shes just too dumb for most of it.

If she's huffing gasoline she's not very intelligent in the first place, and the choices that led her there weren't very smart either.
This is just my personal preference but ideally my partner wouldn't smoke nor drink. Yeah I know I'll die a lone virgin.

Yes, I like feeling above people.

>when your dumb girlfriend starts reading aloud when she doesnt even know how to pronounce any of the words

Attached: 1526673969339.jpg (613x587, 16K)

sounds cute desu
>tfw no brainlet gf to take care of and get pregnant with many little brainlet babies

Attached: 1507259674652.png (300x300, 9K)

You do know that those internet iq tests are worth shit, right?

And consider this: You are posting on a board aimed at losers, you are not that smart.

I'm only attracted to women who can discuss literature, films and philosophy in depth. I couldn't stand being with someone who worships celebrity culture or watches trash like reality television or Capeshit.

Holy fuck man that sounds both adorable and insufferable at the same time. I don't think I could handle it.

I have taken an IQ test twice, both times a standardized stanford-binet test, updated for g-factor (ICD-10). The first time was via a psychiatrist for ASD prognosis, the second time was via a neurologist for work.

Refrain from post hoc ergo prompter hoc.