/Life Recomp/

Time for a total overhaul.

I really like that this book tries to take into account the roles of diet, exercise, sleep, and hormones. No guesswork. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Seems like it could be broscience magic. But, at its core, it's IF: 16/8 + one cheat day + 36 hour fast. "Feed/Famine" model.

This is combined with Metabolic Resistance training for the beginning, then gets more serious about heavy weights.

Could it be legit?

Attached: cover.jpg (740x938, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20091182
idmprogram.com/fasting-physiology-part-ii/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sounds like you could just do the 16/8 IF and skip the 36 hours fast. I know that Hugh Jackman and other actors do the 16/8 to get fit for roles.

Seems like the extended fast is to follow up the cheat day and balance it out, and the cheat day is included to help prevent starvation mode (help spike insulin and ghrelin to keep metabolism up)

The reason I like it is because you're not supposed to modify it much. I want to commit to something whole-assed, but I want it to be worth committing to.

I also like that my local library has the book and audiobook for free.

Anyone hear anything, know anything? Are these guys crackpots or snakeoil peddlers?

Dry fast to low body fat then do OMAD summer bulk.

Sounds like a crash diet. And malnourishment + dehydration sounds like a great way to get fired from my job.

Just skipping coffee is probs going to impact me.

It's not a crash diet, you're fasting. It's the simplest, most efficient way to unfuck your shit. And of course quit fucking coffee, it's garbage that fucks your entire shit up by causing overgrowth of H. Pylori in the gut.

Did you start dry fasting while you were employed?

Are you employed?

Yes. There is such a thing as metabolic water. But obviously it's better if you do it in blocks, preferencing the weekend.

Spiking insulin and ghrelin doesn't improve your metabolism. But fasting itself does.

and do you just live that way for the rest of your life or is it some kind of 12-week plan or what? who wants to binge and then fast every week?

But starving yourself does produce an extreme caloric defecit, which your body can respond to by slowing down your metabolism. Basically, trying to avoid starving to death by hanging on to every calorie.

Well it can't do that if you're not getting xenogenuous calories, can it? Of course the weight loss will slow down eventually as your TDEE decreases with body weight, but at that point you should start your summer bloatmaxx.

16 weeks I believe, broken into four phases.

I dunno, if the rewards are worth it, it could be worth maintaining that schedule. Sounds like it beats eating chicken breast and eggwhites all day every day.

Fasting has ramped up my metabolism like crazy.

I don't know, now that you explain this method it sounds very broscientific. You do the cheat day because you fast after and you fast after because you did the cheat day before. Just don't do an "epic" cheat day in the first place, just eat one slightly cheat meal if you want and always do 16/8 without variation.

No, you do the cheat day because every other day you're in a caloric deficit, not because you fast one day a week.

No it didn't. Why would your body try to spend energy "like crazy" when you're sending it a signal that it has no food/energy to resplenish. It goes against every scientific proofs of fasting and people would die very quickly if it worked like that.

What happened is that you eat less cals so you're losing weight and wrongfully equals it with higher metabolism.

Impossible. Sounds too logical to me, you must be some sort of fitness industry shill.

Caloric deficit definitely isn't good for your testosterone. You didn't explain that in your post, usually we assume that in 16/8 you eat the same amount but in a 8 hours window.

It's to fuel you for a hunt.

The title is called Engineering the Alpha and you’re still questioning its legitimacy. C’mon dude. You’re not going to turn into Chad by eating a few carrots and taking your vitamins.

I think you're referring to an extreme caloric deficit?

A caloric deficit is necessary to lose body fat, which is important for your testosterone.

Yeah, that's definitely not what the book is about. I also resisted it because of the "alpha" title.

It attempts to redefine the word, acknowledging that the PUA community dragged it through the mud.

Even low carbs without a caloric deficit significantly lowers testosterone.

>Statistical analysis (ANCOVA) revealed the Free-Testosterone/Cortisol ratio decreased significantly (p < 0.01) from pre-study resting measurement (Pre 1) to the final post-study resting measurement (Rest) in the low-Carbohydrates group (-43%), but no change occurred (p > 0.05) in the control-Carbohydrates group (-3%)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20091182

But yeah, I guess it's fine to drop you to a respectable fat % but long-term your test will benefit from at least caloric maintenance.

Also it's not 100% required. Just being active and triggering muscles (sprints, lifting etc) reduce adipogenic genes so you will be storing less fat.

>IF: 16/8 + one cheat day + 36 hour fast. "Feed/Famine" model.

how about you just feast like a king and exercise like a warlord

that's way more alpha than following some gay formula like a mindless drone

This is why fasting is good, as it keeps you at a deficit for the shortest amount of time possible while also upregulating GH production.

You wasted quads on shitty similes.

I don't see what's gay about following a program. It's a great way to take the guess work out of getting results, and requires a great deal of discipline.

>You wasted quads on shitty similes.

if the alpha gods didn't agree with me, then they wouldn't have blessed me with quads

>I don't see what's gay about following a program.

you sound like a beta

This whole fasting thing seems like it's best for NEETs who stay home all day.

It's basically a "wasting away diet"

idmprogram.com/fasting-physiology-part-ii/

hmm maybe its because fasting invokes a switch from glucose-burning to fat-burning, not a switch from using fuel to not using fuel?

Attached: 6495C3CE-250F-42D5-A083-E2ACBA0B0D85.jpg (750x1219, 205K)