Whos worrying about snapping his shit up doing heavy lifts?

Whos worrying about snapping his shit up doing heavy lifts?

Attached: gallery-1490365782-woman-looking-worried.jpg (768x383, 45K)

Leg press is a regular part of my workout.
Not even once have I completed a set without remembering the rekt webm's.

Anyone with any goddamned common sense.
So that eliminates the entire power lifting and strong man and even bro lifter sub culture.

Once I started doing lifting heavier, I regularly get a little scared. Whenever I'm doing over 250lbs on bench or 185lbs on ohp I start getting nervous.
Squats never feel that dangerous no matter how high I go. Deadlifts freak me out a bit, but I'm only really concerned with injury when I'm being dumb and doing heavy 5x5.

>never max
>never do low reps
>never push for one last rep

lower the chances

So do lighter lifts until you can do heavier lifts without hurting yourself

Attached: F6A68FA2-7AEB-436E-928B-32948A03F1BC.jpg (442x500, 14K)

>So do lighter lifts until you can do heavier lifts without hurting yourself

You have to actually fucking workout or lift moderately heavy stuff to have an opinion user.

>lift weight until it’s easy
>increase weight and lift until it’s easy
>repeat
The absolute state of fucking brainlets. Kill yourself

>lift weight until it’s easy
this right here shows your inexperience, stop posting anytime

squat feels dangerous as fuck to me and i've had the most serious injuries with it, with deadlift i'm really only concerned past 495

Enjoy being weak

1rm yes. If I know I can rep it i'll be fine

That's why it's really important to learn proper form early on when your doing lighter weight. I suggest de-loading and practicing your form before moving on to heavy weight

proper form reduces your injury risk, it does not eliminate it

elite lifters with near-perfect form like candito and mike tuscherer get injured in training with submaximal loads, sometimes it's just down to bad luck and wear and tear

>never grow
ok

Hernias are a good example of a bad luck injury.
Either you are born with a well distributed wall of muscle on your internal abs or you arn't. If you are genetically unlucky pressure during a heavy deadlift or leg press will find that weak spot and booom--hernia.

Luckily hernia surgery gets you back to 100% unlike muscle tears.

That’s why you rest. Wear and tear damage can be staved off to a degree is you take a few good breaks (like week plus) a year.

This desu

>Whos worrying about snapping his shit up doing heavy lifts?

Do no heavy lifts and you will never snap your shit up. Many body builders no longer do heavy squats or deadlifts because they go hurt bad ONCE and learned their lesson.

that's why i don't do leg press, scared the shit out of me

Enjoy scoliosis

>Either you are born with a well distributed wall of muscle on your internal abs or you arn't.

More info on this and how it effects the chance of injury? How do I tell if I am an internal ablet?

Never hold your breath when lifting. Always exhale on the concentric portion.
Valsalva maneuver can give you a hernia. Better to lift less weight than to be injured.

This, all the snap city shit on this board made me terrified of doing compounds for a long time. I'm trying to fix decades of terrible posture and my back is weak as shit. Always got recommended deadlifts but was too afraid to try them. Finally did some yesterday with 25 pounds on each side. My backs and traps are rekt'd today. I know it's weak as fuck and DYEL status but the gains I'll make from these way outpace back extensions or whatever stupid substitute I was trying to do before.

Basically OP, just stop being a pussy and don't lift to stroke your ego.

>Leg press
Not even once.

I got hemorroids (no bleeding) two weeks ago when benching 2pl for the first time. I did recover ok but it was hell for 3 days and I've become fucking scared of destroying my ass again due to bad breathing while lifting.

Attached: 419331_re_ben-afflecks-sad-face-goes-viral-after-batman-v-superman-bad-reviews.jpg (350x184, 5K)

>Basically OP, just stop being a pussy and don't lift to stroke your ego.
t. 95lb deadlifter (actually and unironically)

nope, if he has a genetically weak abdominal wall he'll get a hernia regardless of what breathing technique he uses

the moment he braces under significant (or not, some guy in /plg/ did it with 135lbs) load that shit will go

i already do lighter lifts when i lift my lighter up to your dad's dick to smoke it.
yeah that's right, i suck your dad's dick. let him fuck my butt too.

you can't do that on linear progression

the program tells you that you must add weight every time you go to the gym until you fail

This is why so many people get destroy their back and knees squatting and pulling weights they have no business touching

Any one who believes they can go up 5 lbs in weight a week without testing their max rep with lower weight is an idiot

I changed to hack squats. Webems play in my head every leg day.

I can't make myself do leg press after seeing the gif

This doesn't answer the question.

Do legs like a normal person and do lower weight higher reps.

Only faggots want gigantic fuckboi legs.

Post body I guarantee you're dyel

I sometimes worry about rupturing an artery in my brain or chest. My dad died of a brain bleed at age 59, so thats probably why I have this fear. I'm 30, good general health and what not, so I really shouldn't be worrying about shit like that, the chances of something like that happening without some sort of illness or genetic predisposition are miniscule. But its not really a logical thing, I guess.

I still lift tho, fuck my fear.