What do I do?

So there is a tiny restaurant in my tiny town, and they need dishwashers. Im a 22 year old high school dropout and Ive never had a job. I know I should do this, but Im really really scared. Im not good around people. I had a nervous breakdown like 3 years ago and ever since then Im scared I could snap. Its terrible being afraid of yourself. I am so excessively self conscious if there was an interview I might just dissociate or cry or sprint out of the building. How can I tell somebody why I dropped out of school or what I have been doing for the last few years? If I say the truth then they will think Im some worthless asshole. I cant lie because I would be way too nervous for that. I might even lose my breath and not be able to speak in the first place. It has happened before.

I dont trust my body at all. I have so many physical problems that I dont even know if I could show up everyday. I have a really hard time waking up at good times consistently. I woke up at 5 pm today. I dont want to be a neet forever and I know I have to make myself uncomfortable sometimes, but I dont want to do something really really embarrassing in front of people that everyone in my town knows.

Plus if I get the job Id have to stand around strangers all day. I havent been alone in a room with someone I dont know in years. Im fucking scared and I only heard about this like 30 minutes ago.

Attached: 50B4DC52-49DB-4517-8412-ED1E99E1772F.jpg (3464x2309, 752K)

I just punched out of my dish washing job. They honestly won't care very much about your recent years during the interview. It might be tough to get a callback though. The only reason I got my dishwashing job was because I was the only applicant who passed the drug and background check. If you do get the job most people won't be paying attention to you. Kinda hurtful but true. As long as you show up and do a halfway decent job, you'll be fine. On the plus side you get to have your earbuds in all day. Try listening to audiobooks during your shift.

hey buddy you can do it, you just have to expose yourself to stressful stimuli and then your brain will eventually adapt. you don't have to lie about your past but try to reword things to seem positive. I too had trouble waking up on time but I bought a really loud alarm clock on amazon and put it in the kitchen and then I make / drink coffee right away, worked pretty well.

This is good advice but when I say tiny town I mean like 2000 people. I think most of my time will be spent waiting around trying to act normal when bored coworkers try to shoot the shit with me. That would be like hell.

You just make as little conversation as possible. My first year I hardly talked to anymore. People quickly realized I'd rather focus on my job and my music than talk to them. I'm telling you man, you'll slowly come to realize people don't give a shit as much as you think they do. Just have both earbuds in, if someone says hi just say hi back with a half grin. Works everytime. It will take time but you'll slowly learn how to slowly stop giving a fuck.

Thanks. How would I make dropping out because Im socially inept and I had no support seem positive? I have always thought I would just tell them I have personal reasons which is true. My grandma commited suicide while my dad was away in iraq and my mom took it out on me and my sister. Mix that with everything and you have a shitstorm a teenager doesnt want to deal with.

I havent wasted all my neet years. I study music, lift, read, and I learned a bit of programming this year, but will that be okay to say for what Ive been doing? I did a bunch of drugs a few years ago, but now I dont even drink soda. I cant. Obviously I wont talk about that.

About the insomnia bit. I dont have much issue waking up. I just cant fall asleep when I want like normal people. Its been that way since I was a kid. I think I have serotonin issues because I used to take melatonin and that would help a bit. Of course then I couldnt wake up.

Nice reddit spacing, faggot. Grow the fuck up and go wash some fucking dishes. Stop making things more difficult than they are.

My mind will fry if Im in a room with someone who I know wishes I was someone else so they could chit chat. I guess that will get better over time.

>Writing paragraphs and breaking up walls of text is now reddit spacing

Unironically kys fag

Nice platitude normie. Im 6 4. If I grow any more I wont be able to fit through the door to yo mamas house.

Attached: 25A38750-2E3B-4A98-ACC8-9C2D93050E4A.png (600x515, 63K)

eh don't bring up all that stuff, just say you had family problems and now you really need a job and are ready to work hard (and do do the work lol)

tl;dr yes faggot you have never had a job and your lack of schooling will make it that much harder to become employed in any real job because employers can't even see that you committed to 4 years of school or even finishing high school.
I washed dishes when I was 23-24 even when I had a bunch of entry level work exp up to that point. Don't worry about interacting with that many people because dishwashers is usually a solitary and shitty job. But you should do it, user.

I really should. It will suck at first and I may fail miserably but its what I need. I hope I still have the will to exercise and study while Im doing it. Dishwashing isnt a future but the environment will help me work out many of my issues. This is probably one of those sink or swim situations where I just need to throw myself into it and learn to adapt.

Ahhh I wish I could beat my head into shape with a hammer.

>he doesn't know
Wow you sure are new. Maybe you should go unironically go get a fucking job. I'm trying to help you, retard.

Wrong user buddy. Either way Ive been here since way before Pepe and before people gave a shit about reddit. Reddit spacing is spacing out every sentence like its a paragraph.

If you want to help me address specific points and give me logical answers.

If I wanted bootstraps bullshit I could go to r/motivational. Your condescending grow up attitude doesnt do anything but make you feel good because Im apparently just not putting in enough elbow grease. You are so great for being a big man with a will as big as his penis.

Just lie on the app and say you have a diploma they dont check anyway

As for getting the job, I'd suggest acknowledging your nervousness and saying something like "Sorry if I'm nervous" to the interviewer. As for actually working, just focus on the dishes

They know me. They also run the liquor store. The guy Id be talking to speaks to my dad every time he buys beer; which is pretty often. I have helped them set up stuff with my dad before.

Im thinking Im not going to do it until I get my ged. Ive been studying for a while, and I believe I can get it this year. Im not getting younger I know, but I would have way less anxiety about all of it if I had some momentum and worth.

I cant do it yet. I have to get my ged first. I feel like if I do that I will have more confidence. As it is I just want to hide from everything. Im gonna double up my studying though.

What I liked about being a dishwasher is that I did not have to talk to any of the other staff. They kind of look down on you at first so no interaction is necessary. Also, just be good at it and semi reliable and you can show up late now and then. It is an easy job but one so many people screw up.