Buying some plates

Hey, i'm about to buy me some plates (not those in pic)
total weight would be around 260 KG
this comes with:
- 8x dumbbells (that you can put plates on)
- 1x bar (10kg)
- 1x bar (5kg)
- 2x Ez-bar (5kg)
- 6 clips

some of the plates are rusty like in the pic. i can buy them for 200 euros (everything together)

Is this a good price?

Attached: rustyplates.jpg (258x300, 38K)

these are the worst plates

Attached: 1c06dfb8e3e83bf6cab95fdc20bbfa1d.jpg (330x440, 46K)

>10 kg bar
doesnt sound too safe. See thatyou can upgrade to an olympic style bar.

Attached: ac425275f8167b26859efadbe16f026c.jpg (330x440, 40K)

niet doen, zie

Don't buy, those plates won't fit on standard 20kg Olympic bar making them basically useless

Don't buy non-Olympic gear.

I've got non-olympic equipment. Still works the same

Okay thanks for the advice!

I would stick with Olympic.

I had a 1-inch bar and 1-inch plates for a year. Trust me, you'll be happier with the 20kg bar and 2-inch plates

Get some Olympic plates and bars

OP here, Olympic bar is indeed better and safer in the long run. So i decided not to buy. 200euro is cheap for that amount of weight imo. But yeah, it would be worthless as soon as i switch to olympic bars.

did anyone else see op's pic as chocolate donuts a first glance

What are euros in dollars? Like $3?

1 euro is 1.23 dollar at the moment so 200 euro's would be 247,57 dollar

i use standard plates for working out, much cheaper than Olympic style equipment. still use them, i wouldn't go over 400 on them though but they work fine for dumbbells, curling, ohp, bench, etc. does seem like a pretty good price.

Just buy a portable gravity mat and stick it on the bar

Less than 1€ for the kg + bars is quite a good price.
Depends on the country though. Here in Germany I was hardpressed to find 1€/kg prices for weights.

Also keep in mind that olympic plates and bars will be much much more expensive for no real value. If you really want it later on you can still sell you old stuff with basically no decrease in value.

No, that's a shit deal for what it is (unless my conversions are bad). I don't pay more than $0.50 per lb for weights in that condition. IIRC 200 € is ~$300 and 250 kg should be like 550 lbs.

But the big issue is that this is a lot of useless weight due to not fitting Olympic bars (which you'll want) and you'll want to put chrome spray paint to prevent the rust getting all over you when you workout.

fatty

Just make sure all the plates/barbells are the Olympic 2" holes, not that Walmart 1" crap.

Can't you sandpaper and spraypaint them?

Yeah that would have been the plan

200euro is aprox 245dollar and 260 kg is 585 lbs so by your logic it would be a good deal

i didn't buy them. For reasons i stated previously.

sure - good price for eurofags
the best deal i could score yet was 0.80EUR for one KG at a dumpyard - compared to the ridicilous prices online 2- 4 EUR for one KG often plus shipping

get olympic, my younger self bought 1inch bars and weights not knowing any better, i regret it.