SS:First day diary

What's the first day on SS should be like?
Today was my first day, I did perform the lifts untill the form started to break:
60kg squat
50kg bench
50kg pendlay rows
I could have do more, especially the last two, but I prefer to focus on form.
The problem is, I left the gym even more energised than at the beginning, is it normal?
I have some experience in the gym, especially with high volume bro splits, and I always left the gym exausted AF
Have a good day/noon, I love you all anons

Attached: 5zG2Joc.jpg (1509x663, 243K)

My first day of SS was watching propaganda videos with the purpose of building absolute devotion to the Führer and Vaterland. I have no idea what you're doing.

Attached: Pepe462937.png (680x757, 44K)

>I did perform the lifts untill the form started to break
As long as you didn't go over the sets that you were assigned that's fine.
Pretty fair weights. I started about 2 months ago and I can say that I'm never totally gassed by the end. I'm def sore the next day though.

Ive been roaming on the weight room for 1year+, my lifts are trashtier but Im here to improve.
What's your current stats compared to your first day? Did your body also changed?

First day stats:
>Squat: 100lbs
>Bench: 85
>DL: 80
>OHP: 60

I was a supreme dyel. Now I'm at:
>Squat: 165lbs
>Bench: 115
>DL: 170
>OHP: 75

OHPs are hard. And yes I've definitely seen gains. My biceps are bigger and my pants are all feeling smaller (t-rex mode). Also I'm beginning to see my abs and my pecs have grown a little. It's def working.
I figure I'll keep at it for 4-6 months and then switch to a PPL or some other intermediate program. I'd like to hit 2pl8 on squats before I do though.

lmao 2pl8 squats are still novice tier. You should be able to make linear progression up to 275-315.

Kek

How much calories should I consume?
Im 6' (183cm) and 176lbs (80kg)
Im already at 17-20% BF so Im not sure about gomad

>pendlay rows
You're not doing SS
Read the book
Download a torrent of it if you have to
But don't say you're doing SS if you've just seen one image of the supposed program

Stop spreading lies. This is very true for the average or the genetically gifted or for taller, heavier people. A 60-70kg manlet won’t get a 3 pl8 squat after 6months...

If youre that fat at that low weight you can either cut down to a hungry skeleton or bulk into a bloatprentice. Dont expect to look good for at least a year.

Attached: 1523477742874.gif (269x164, 1.33M)

Is bulking and looking like shit a mandatory thing or shall I calculate cals to minimish bloatmaxx

Im a 6'1 king of manlets and got up to 280x5 after 9 months of linear progression before stalling. You have less range of motion if youre small anyways.

Op here, you are right, Im making excuses by not having a PT to teach me the movement.
Can I do it by following a YouTube tutorial?
Im so afraid to snap my shit up desu

it really depends on genetics, how much you eat and sleep, and how hard you try (assuming technique is correct)
me and two friends started lifting at the same time, almost the same weight, and gained weight at the same pace
one ran out of linear gains at 5x120 kg, i ran out at 5x165, and one lucky bastard is still going at 5x187.5

he reasonably will
try harder

R E A D
T
H
E
B O O K

Youre 176lb and 20% bodyfat at 6'. Looking good is already out of the question whether you bulk or cut. I would personally cut down to hungry skeleton and then bulk after you see what your abs look like or else you will turn into a planet if you start GOMAD at 20% bodyfat.

You don't need power cleans to become strong and fit. They are fantastic and if you can do them you should, but it's not nessasary to everyone's goals. What are your goals exactly?

Do you want to get stronger in the quickest and most efficient amount of time, look better, feel better, and perhaps desire to compete in some form of strength competition or athletic sport? Do Starting Strength with appropriate diet and cardio.

Do you want to get stronger, look better, and feel better, but you don't plan on competing? Do StrongLifts 5x5 with appropriate diet and cardio.

Do you want to get stronger, look better, feel better, don't plan on competing, and can't/don't want to squat every day in the gym? Do Phrak's Greyskull LP with appropriate diet and cardio.

If I learn the clean, what benefits will I gain beside buzzword such as explosiveness

>Do you want to get stronger in the quickest and most efficient amount of time, look better, feel better, and perhaps desire to compete in some form of strength competition or athletic sport? Do Starting Strength with appropriate diet and cardio.
>Do you want to get stronger, look better, and feel better, but you don't plan on competing? Do StrongLifts 5x5 with appropriate diet and cardio.
>Do you want to get stronger, look better, feel better, don't plan on competing, and can't/don't want to squat every day in the gym? Do Phrak's Greyskull LP with appropriate diet and cardio.
>this shit again
I already told you why it's retarded, but of course you disregard it.

cleans def improved my trap gains

The benefits of the power clean are being a good full-body exercise to alternate with and compliment the deadlift and helping you strengthen your ability to generate force quickly, the latter of which is incredibly valuable in athletic sports and is also a nice way to be introduced to olympic weightlifting if you decide that is the path you want to take. You probably won't get as strong as quickly in your deadlift without it, and you will be missing out on the athetic gains, but if your only goals are to just develop muscle mass and look/feel better, what you eat is more important than what variation of the same beginner routine you do.

I saw your post and I'm sorry I missed replying to it at 3am well after I went to bed. I did not disregard it.

The reason I mentioned SS for comepeting is that it includes an explosive exercise for developing the generation of explosiveness that is quite useful for athletics, as well as being a nice introduction to olympic lifts if that's your intrest. Not the best olympic lift routine mind you, but a nice place to start. If someone decides the explosive component is not nessasary, yes, most certainly you can do quite well with SL.

Yes, if you can squat three times a week, you absolutely should, no argument against that, however I would rather someone do some exercise rather than no exercise if they are insisting on avoiding the nonsenscical "t-rex mode", which is more a result of diet than routine.

Cardio is not something that should be avoided, strengthing your heart and cardio vascular system is critical for health and higher mental happiness, as well as allowing you to consume more food and more protein. You mentioned I should talk about weightlifting routines don't make you fat, caloric surplus does, and that is why I mentioned with every routine appropriate diet and cardio must be included, which I inted to write on later in the sticky I am writing for fun, as this is only a small excerpt from it.

>I saw your post and I'm sorry I missed replying to it at 3am well after I went to bed. I did not disregard it.
Huh, I could have sworn that was only a couple hours ago, but my reply was apparently posted 10 hours ago.
Funny what funposting all day long does to your brain.
>The reason I mentioned SS for comepeting is that it includes an explosive exercise for developing the generation of explosiveness that is quite useful for athletics, as well as being a nice introduction to olympic lifts if that's your intrest.
Training the power clean for a few months won't do much for actual explosiveness, SS is basically just an introduction to TM as far as Rippetoe's thinking goes. He programs the PC in SS so you learn it and keep doing it even well past SS.
>however I would rather someone do some exercise rather than no exercise if they are insisting on avoiding the nonsenscical "t-rex mode", which is more a result of diet than routine.
If you're serious about writing the new sticky, you have to consider that it'll be taken as fact. Do you want people to do suboptimal things because it's better than not doing anything, or do you want to clearly show them why squatting 3x a week is good?
>Cardio is not something that should be avoided
Cardio has no tangible short term benefits, and unless the novice in question is fucking fat, novices should not do cardio. That is, assuming they're taking lifting seriously, pushing themselves, etc. Cardio will literally fuck with your gains and recovery early on.
After you're done with the linear progression, you can (and should) do cardio, as improving work capacity is also crucial to improving strength.
>You mentioned I should talk about weightlifting routines don't make you fat, caloric surplus does, and that is why I mentioned with every routine appropriate diet and cardio must be included
Good, but there's a difference between "talking about diet" and "BIG RED FUCKING FLASHING WARNING saying SS won't make you fat or t-rex mode"

I will make further efforts to be more concise and clear earlier on in the sticky about the importance of diet over training as a beginner.

When I write specifically on GSLP as I did with SS, will be talk about the importance of squatting 3 times a week in terms of strength gains. That said, it is not a bad routine for getting stronger and fitter, it is just not as optimal for strength gains, as you said.

While I disagree on the impact that any cardio will have on your strength gains, I will be discussing the potential overtraining that can occur with excessive and high heart rate (85%+ MHR) cardio exercise can have on strength training in particular, similar to adding excessive accessory lifts. Unfortunately I can only write this sticky in my free time between work, school, and gym, so it will be 1-2 more writing sessions before I tackle cardio directly, as I want to write on proper diet and protein/macro consumption first.

For how long should I stay on the phase 1 of SS, which has squat and DL 3times a week.
It says on the book "couple weeks, untill the freshness of the deadlift worns off".
Im not that familiar with the Rip language

Usually 2-4 weeks, or for as long as you can keep making 10 lb jumps with your deadlift.

The 10lbs jump is for the squat senpai, finished to read the book rn

hrmph

Attached: 991EBF7B-B3AB-47CA-923F-EE2CEA0B2FE5.jpg (480x472, 66K)

Wheres your clean

The sticky said I didn't need it. I'm doing pendlay rows instead

It is also for deadlift