Are sledgehammer stuff a meme? I tried it since my gym got the equipment and it’s sorta fun

Are sledgehammer stuff a meme? I tried it since my gym got the equipment and it’s sorta fun.

Attached: 8FD73A76-AB35-4931-9C55-959B9E8C0BFB.jpg (1090x613, 106K)

coming from a job hitting tractor tires with a hammer a lifting them moving them all day no its a great work out

It's just mimicking chopping wood and chopping wood is bad ass.

I do this a lot in the fire academy. It's a great workout that works the entire arm. Just make sure to switch which arm your applying the downward force to. We do them in sets of ten then swap arms.

Pushing karts is a great workout too

what

>He does things with tractor wheel
>he get big muscle.

Where can I get a tire and what is the weight of the hammer?

I want to try this but don't want to look weird in my backyard to my neighbors and feel weird asking for a used tire from a body shop

the idea is that they're basic movements that have practical applications.
you're gonna lift and swing heavy things when you work.
this way you can avoid the "ripped dude who's weaker than a random blue collar worker" body.

It's not, i remember my grandpa having a massive back well into his 70s from chopping wood and moving it around. If anything it's just a modern take on how muscle was built for thousands of years, so the coolness factor is through the roof.

Just a rear tractor tire and an 8kg sledge hammer from your local hardware store dude.

It looks like a meme exercise but firemen and pro fighters do it on the reg
I guess there has to be something to it

he has manual labor job maintaining big boi equipment

It's just for fun.

Everything involving tires is masculine.

There is a bloatlord at my gym who shows up and just beats a punching bag with a metal weight on the end of a stick

>not doing AlphaDestiny's sledghammer skullcrushers

It's fun and probably helps in some way

>There is a bloatlord at my gym who shows up and just beats a punching bag with a metal weight on the end of a stick

Attached: 4bf152ae3babca44d4312c6e381995d6.jpg (485x600, 33K)

Try again user

it seems like the basic movements could be trained a lot more effectively with other equipment. if you're beating on something that's significantly lower than your standing height then gravity is doing most of the work on the negative, and an ordinary sledgehammer head isn't heavy enough to make the work difficult unless you're doing like 100 reps, in which case you're doing cardio and could have done time on a rowing machine or something instead. if you want a hard pulling and twisting movement through the back and core then a side stance barbell pull-to-press is more intense and has a larger ROM.

Its cardio. If its fun, do it. Its. Just hard to track progress.