/LDG/ lucid dreaming general

/LDG/ - Lucid Dreaming General

Thread for questions, tips, and advice on Lucid Dreaming

Life getting you down and need and escape? this is it.

A lucid dream is when you're conscious that you're dreaming
and have the ability to control the physics, environment, people,
and basically everything in the dream world.

>having a tough time with remembering dreams?
this is step one if you have trouble with this one if not it's
still recommended to do anyways because of the benefits
WRITING DOWN DREAMS HELPS WITH DREAM RECALL, WHY NOT POST YOURS!!!
writing down dreams also helps with increasing quantity and quality
of dreams.
----------------------------SO STOP ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT NOT HAVING DREAMS----------------------------

>Reality checks
from experience i can say it's most important to do these right when
you wake up and right before you go to bed, although you can mix them
in throughout the day these are the MOST important times to do them

>Meditations relation to lucid dreams????
By far the most important step
pastebin.com/45Qqgz6y

>want to lucid dream without constant reality checks?
there are two ways of doing this WBTB (wake back to bed) or PMILD (prospective induced lucid dreaming)
PMILD was posted ITT and techniques like this can end up in the OP why not post some

>WBTB
reddit.com/r/LucidDreaming/comments/7oip3d/wbtb_sensory_visualization_and_touch_great_success/
with modified technique (from comments it seems to be better)

>PMILD
dreamviews.com/attaining-lucidity/161494-pmild-prospective-memory-induced-lucid-dream-my-personal-technique.html

also side note the constant swallowing you do as you fall asleep will not ruin your attempt in WBTB

>quick and simple rundown of most methods
best-lucid-dreaming-techniques.com/

>TLDR
Meditate, dream journal, and /LDG/

Attached: 1521857394138.jpg (1200x1200, 114K)

MISERY AND BENIS

Attached: 1523906287981.png (1070x868, 27K)

godammit man just add me already you've been here for ever and just MISERY
reachreset#2757

I tried some Kratom called Snow White.
I had lucid dreams for a week straight.

o0h shit where did you buy it?

I don't know where to use that but i'm going to sleep (without ld'ing AGAIN) right now anyway.

This tobacco shop in my city.

discord, me and you could talk 1 on 1

I can never lucid dream, the closest I've ever gotten was "ok this dream is over" I never had control of it

like realizing the dream was ending and not having control? for the love of god read OP tons of problems you have can be solved up there

So I had an experience a couple of years ago, and I was wondering if it was linked to lucid dreaming
>be falling asleep
>my mind wakes up at some point and I realize my body is falling asleep
>hear a low-pitched ringing in my ears
>feel like I can get deeper into the sleeping state by focusing on the ringing
>dive in
>ringing gets louder and deeper inside my head
>get scared that I might be dying and decide to wake up my body
If I had kept going, would that have resulted in a lucid dream? I was aware of the situation the whole time, like I was awake

Attached: 1445807945596.jpg (712x712, 42K)

possibly you almost got sleep paralysis and you stopped it from happening but otherwise IDK the ringing sounds weird what were some thoughts you were thinking? also was this right when you first went to bed of after waking up middle of the night?

I had a really long and detailed dream last night that I was partly in control of. At one point during it I remember thinking that I should write it down because it was so interesting, but then I forgot to right after I woke up. Then in the shower I remembered a fragment of it and now I'm still hitting myself for not writing it down. Shit's the worst feeling

just get into a habit of writing dreams down more dreams= more probability of lucid dreams

It was when I went to bed
My thought process was this basically
>oh hey I'm awake
>my body is already asleep though it seems... let's just try to sleep for real then
>what's that sound? it gets louder when I try to fall asleep
>I guess that's the sleeping sound, let's try to make it louder again
>wait wait, why am I still fully conscious? that's not how falling asleep usually works
>well let's just try and see what happens
>I'm going in
>nevermind this might be scary, abort

how late did you gfo to bed were you extremely tired? seems like you manipulated the sound
>lets try to make it louder again

Had a dream I joined the anime club at my university and some girl liked me. She had a big nose and was insecure about it but I thought it was cute. All I remember.

Attached: greekathlete.jpg (2300x3698, 765K)

I think it was during the summer holidays, so I don't think I would have went to sleep unless I was very tired
It wasn't really a sound though. It was coming from inside my head, kinda like tinnitus. There was also this feeling that I was getting surrounded by it when I focused on it, like getting in a pool of water, you know? I knew I was getting close to falling asleep (or maybe dying) when the sound got overwhelming
I was pretty chill and in control during the whole thing, so I don't think it was sleep paralysis. I had no problem moving, I just didn't choose to until the end.

This actually happened to me except she had an unusually small nose and was insecure about it.

Any drugs or herbs that induce lucid dreams?

I am mentally weak and most of my dreams are just nightmares.
I'm guessing lucid dreaming isn't really for me but I'm still interested.

Yeah, this is a typical experience before entering a lucid dream from a waking state. It can be extremely frightening if you're not use to it.

You guys know what happens when you look at mirror inside a dream right?

Attached: Unfasor.gif (219x432, 235K)

There's that Alpha Brain snake oil that gets shilled on a few podcasts. Joe Rogan says it gives him incredibly clear lucid dreams.

does lucid dreaming affect sleep quality? I've heard accounts of people feeling tired after a night where they had an LD, and in general having reduced sleep quality since learning about LDing.

is it still a lucid dream if i'm completely aware that i'm in a dream but i have little to no control over anything? it's really frustrating when i'm in a dream and i'm trying to make something happen and i can't. Also i'm gonna tell a story of something that happens to me semi-regularly

>be sleeping
>aware i'm in a dream
>things start to get spooky
>freak out
>try to wake myself up
>I used to jump and land fall flat on my face to wake up but this doesn't work any more
>i just splat against the ground
>now I just try and open my eyes really wide
>can see the real world but i'm paralysed
>start to freak out
>if i relax i fall back into the dream
>its like drowning in a pool with something pulling you back under everytime you breach the surface

i have a lot of weird sleep experiences

i'm gonna tell some more sleep stories

>be sleeping
>dream im back in junior/highschool
>in locker room with bullies
>start to become aware its a dream
>try to fight bullies but its like swinging my arms through molasses
>hits have no impact
>freak out and try to wake myself up
>its not working
>bullies hold me down and start to rape me
>i cum
>wake up in shame
>have to clean all my cum

for some reason a lot of my dreams involve me getting raped or me raping someone.

here is something i experience a lot that i fucking hate

>be sleeping
>aware i'm in dream
>like before things start going bad
>try to wake up
>use my eye opening techniqe
>struggle against the dream
>finally burst out of the dream
>relief
>get up and start my day
>things start going bad again
>o shit
>i'm still dreaming, never actually woke up
>repeat over and over until i finally actually reach the real world
>these experiences make me start to question reality.

something that has been freaking me out lately is my dreams adapting to my techniques. It has been becoming more difficult to tell if i'm really in a dream or not and it's becoming more difficult to wake my self up.

>>bullies hold me down and start to rape me
>>i cum

Attached: 1503380770436.gif (261x253, 1.44M)

>try to lucid dream
>get sleep paralysis instead
fuck this shit, this was the last way out and it turned out somehow even worse

Attached: 1497908988289.jpg (1334x1334, 143K)

who else here /ready to give up on various lucid dreaming tactics and dedicate yourself to meditation and indian philosophy so you can directly project your subtle body into the dream world instead of praying every night that you will realize you are dreaming/? I cant be the only one.

Attached: 1472065752790.jpg (680x506, 112K)