Any strong swimmers here who know of some good programs that a novice can use?

any strong swimmers here who know of some good programs that a novice can use?
I can swim, and I can do a lap no problem, but I trying to swim more then a lap is difficult for me and I need to take a break.

What do

Attached: idsmash.jpg (460x570, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

100swimmingworkouts.com/#beginner
ruthkazez.com/swimming/ZeroTo1mile.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

backstroke

100swimmingworkouts.com/#beginner
Looked through these and they all seem pretty good. Little easy but good training overall.
>T. Collegiate Swimmer

Also learn to flip turn ASAP the best thing for swimming progression

ruthkazez.com/swimming/ZeroTo1mile.html

Been doing this. Bretty gud/10

Swimmer here, the only way you're gonna get better is literally doing laps, consistently and getting more endurance over time. Make sure you have your technique perfect, if your form is bad and you develop bad habits, youre going to last a lot less than your maximum. Also dryland cardio is good to build up your endurance. You need good lungs for swimming, so you dont tire, quit smoking if you smoke and practise holding your breath, 1 minute above water, 1 minute under, repeat until you can hold for longer. Hope this helps

Focus on your breathing and stroke. Don't aim for speed just yet. It's cardio, just aim to improve a little bit each day. If you find your upper body is tired use a kickboard.

The main issue is probably your breathing or your body just not used to supplying itself with oxygen like this.

Does anyone here do swimming and powerlifting? I'm considering using it as my main cardio and I was wondering if it would compliment trying to Max lifts or be trying to do two things that are kind of contradictory

You propably have shitty technique and low bodyfat and/or high muscle mass which makes you sink down. If you start getting technique down with some training low intensity freestyle should come as easily as walking. Go for shitloads of volume while still being sensible not to KYS with overtraining. in a nutshell
>10x50 with 1 min break first week
>20x50 next
>30x50
>40x50
>shorten breaks to 30 s and repeat
>after that start going for 100m

That´s a shitty excuse for a program but it will work, also you don´t give me a lot to work with so few questions.
>how many times a week are you willing to train?
>your fitness level lifting/not, running how fast and what distance?
>body composition? fat/skinny/strongfat/ripped?
>can you even swim freestyle, any style other than head on surface breasstroke?
>how many of those single laps can you do?
>your goals with swimming?
Also: Good choice in swimfu alltough she has some manly looking shoulders and insane back IRL.

Attached: 1453078.jpg (1024x576, 190K)

Ill be having a svomming test in a 2 months time were its 75m freestyle and 25 meter of elementary backstroke in 2:30, im at around 3 min atm. Any anons got any tips on How i should set up my training for this?

christ

Attached: gib mommy gf.jpg (764x512, 200K)

swimming more is really all you can do. warm up and do 10*50's of freestyle with 30 seconds break between laps. reduce rest when needed

also

My problem is when I use a kickboard I go fucking sooo God damn slow and thighs are killing me by the time I hit 25m

any advice about ocean swimming? is it worth practicing strokes in the ocean? mainly just considering it as a form of exercise. would a wetsuit have a significant impact? i go freediving some times, but thats just for fun and im not really out to push myself, just lookin at neat fish.

>how many times
I'm willing to go at least three x a week
>fitness level
Horrible dude I can run for maybe 10 minutes straight before being dead
>body
Fat
>swim freestyle
Yes my form is actually quite good. I make sure to bend my arms when I'm coming out of the water, make sure my hand is the first thing in the water during my stroke, make sure my arm is bent when I release, make sure to reach straight, make sure to kick from hip however my kick is kind of bad though (my kick alone is super fucking slow)
>singe laps
I just got in from swimming and I did about 10-12 laps? Took me 30 mins

Open swimming is a completely different ball game than swimming in a pool.
You have to current, waves, and a bunch of other factors you'll need to consider. Also it's important to keep your sense of direction, as it is easy to drift.
For breathing you wont want to only breath to the side, because if you do then you probably won't go straight. What you'll want to do is
>breath while looking left
>keep head under water
>breath while looking right
>keep head under water
>breath while looking straight and lift your chest
>keep head under water
>repeat

Also you're gonna need a fucking strong ass swimmer.

Mr collegiate swimmer help me! I swam as a child with a full mask and never developed the skill of keeping pressure in my nose, and now I've started swimming for cardio and I have to swim a wonky free-style to keep from sputtering water. How do I develop back pressure in my nose so I can swim fast?

This is perfect I've saved the page.

Not him but I'm a collegiate swimmer dropout. I think your issue is the position that you're holding your head in. You shouldn't have to think about holding air in your nose, it should be kept there by buoyancy alone. Position your face downward in the water so that your nostrils are just below parallel with the surface of the water, that way your sinus cavity cant leak out of your nostrils without overcoming the surface tension of the water

The two are counterproductuve if you're serious about swimming. I more or less retired from competitive swimming after a shoulder injury and only lifted instead of doing both. I gained 20 pounds of muscle in 3 months

I'm only doing swimming because it seems like the most intense and time-efficient Cardio that still provides a full body workout as a bonus instead of something like biking which only hits the legs

just here to add hot swimmer pics.

Attached: 1428849279443.jpg (3985x2598, 564K)

Attached: 1428849129249.jpg (1187x1621, 268K)

Attached: 1428826163059.jpg (710x854, 741K)

>be swimming Saturday at UT Austin pool
>Longhorn 10k going on (running sucks)
>no one at the pool besides lifeguards me and this girl who is just outlapping the crap out of me and I'm not a complete scrub
>after finishing up I'm talking to her very briefly and making jokes that I'm just prolonging drowning
>I thought I was going on a date later that night so I didn't think to get the number
>get home, date cancelled because sick
>ex girlfriend calls me, first contact since August
>have been going back to swim laps at the same time every day since hoping to run into her again
>her ass was incredible, not much up top, but I can supplement that

I like your style. I've always had a thing for swim girls.

Attached: 1517623442532.jpg (2048x1536, 497K)

what if i cant do freestyle without chugging water when i try to breath

can i do some other style?

You can also join a club swim team like U.S MASTERS which starts out easy.

Work on your neck position first. Second you need to rework the muscles in your nose. Go back to basics, blow air out your nose as hard/long as you can as often as you can. I still do it to this day
My times if someone wants to know
100 fly- 51.3
1650 free(mile) 15.07.9

Mid season times. Tapered times
100 fly- 48.9
1650-14.47
Shaved

Damn look at that jaw

this
please continue
>1h30m ago
fug
this is one of my many vanilla fetishes
pls respond

I go 2km in an hour what should I be getting this down to?

btw, ive read some things about your body getting damaged by swimming chlorine which pools have. is this like superbad or no big deal? have they done research on life long swimmers?