So, what's Jow Forums consensus on SL's 5x5?

So, what's Jow Forums consensus on SL's 5x5?

Attached: orleans.jpg (1080x1349, 219K)

S'alright. Not the best beginner routine, but not the worst.

it's shit lmao :DD

WHO IS THIS

do it, then don't.

Do Starting Strength instead. Who do you trust, some arsehole with an app or someone who has been coaching for 30 years, wrote a couple of books and trained with Bill Starr? Even Starr didn't do five sets ACROSS, there is no need too.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2015-04-08-at-8.30.52-PM.png (637x221, 36K)

her body is really weird man
4/10 at best

Elucidate me on how doing 5x5 instead of 3x5 will be worse. From all I know, more volume means more gains.
Also, SL doesn't include power cleans, which let's face it, barely anyone does.

>no deadlifts
>power cleans instead of romanian deadlifts
???

You'll pull way less on 5x5 than 3x5
Power clean are amazing, you can do anything by from a power clean
I mean SL is not a bad beginner routine, but you'll get faster strength gain on SS, which is the point of a beginner routine

StrongLifts is the best app I’ve ever used if you are willing to pay for the full features.

This is the critical reason it beats Starting Strength as a beginner program.

In my opinion, people should read Starting Strength to learn the form of the movements, but they should use the StrongLifts program.

Why?

- Rows are better than Power Cleans for the average lifter
- StrongLifts starts with the bar, so no ego lifting
- 5x5 early on with no warmup sets transitions to 3x5 with warmup sets after the deload, so it becomes Starting Strength anyways
- Automatically adjust the weight and calculates warmup sets
- Recording sets is as easy as a push of a red circle
- Rest timers
- Graphs for main lifts
- you can add your own assistance lifts free form (not recommended until you are done with the standard program)

Attached: C056A8CE-724D-494D-B044-12AA51583A37.jpg (540x767, 79K)

ANYMORE PICS OF HOT GIRLS WITH PREPUBESCENT BODS?

more volume = more gains, but only if you can recover from that volume

the entire framework of novice LP routines is based on the assumption that you will receive a stimulus, recover from the stimulus, and adapt before your next training session (so all of that happens within 48 hours)

unless you are some kind of freak of nature, you will probably not recover completely from 5x5 squats with any appreciable weight in time to see a performance increase in 48 hours, you will still have some fatigue that has not been dumped, and this fatigue will continue to accumulate until you see a drop in performance (wtf why did I go from 5x5 @ 275 to 4,4,3,3,2 @ 280 Jow Forums pls help me do i have low test??)

rippetoe basically just titrated the amount of volume until he reached an amount that would be enough of a stimulus for most people while also not accumulating too much fatigue, that turned out to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 3x5

Which version of the barbell row should I be doing for SL? Pendlay?

mehdi says pendlay

pendlays are the best in terms of sports carryover and pretty light on your lower back if you have the flexibility and form down

though if you go with bodybuilder style rows (not letting the bar to the ground) it won't be the end of the world

It's an LP program - beginners will see serious gains.

That being said, the app is a buggy mess. Find the program online and track it in another workout app, or even just a notebook.

yes, pendlay.

last year I went from 45lb squats to 315 in four months. I had problems with OHP but still maxed at 155 before having to deload. got good definition in my legs, back, some in arms (with skullcrusher and curls added later), and chest, but still had a fat gut, and my actual weight only very gradually lowered. a series of long trips without working out automatically deloaded my program and then I broke my leg so I never got to max out my squats or DLs. Im made 1pl DLs on monday and will hit 1pl squats again on friday.

Attached: 1478494263168.png (893x702, 309K)

what do you recommend?

Never thought of that, kinda makes sense, thanks!
So for how long should one do SS? Until you can pull decent weight? Is that around what, twice bodyweight for deadlift or something?

Are you daft?
she's gorgeous my dude
>inb4 "white knight"

Until you don't make good progress. 3 to 6 months

SL is a ripoff of SS
when you plateau at 5x5 they tell you to go back to the SS 3x5 model
just do the original
instead of cleans I do rows, and I clean the bar when I OHP

this girl looks 14

SL does drop to 3x5 once you fail with your squat twice. Also doing pendlay rows allows your legs to get a bit of "rest" every other workout.

I'd want to call you out for shilling your app here Mehdi but man you're not wrong.

It's just great for beginners or if you're getting back into lifting.

Not the dude but fitnotes is pretty good and free

>last year I went from 45lb squats to 315 in four months.

u wot

Some thot from the Brazilian Imperial House

yum

It doesn't sound impossible.

Are you daft? Her body is hideous and face looks like she has a mild syndrome of some kind.