Sup Jow Forums. tl:dr I was shown up by the girl i'm into who rock-climbs weekly and my ego took a pretty big L...

Sup Jow Forums. tl:dr I was shown up by the girl i'm into who rock-climbs weekly and my ego took a pretty big L. Lend me your knowledge on how to train get better at rock-climbing, specifically when I'm not at the gym climbing.

>inb4 "just go there and practise user"

I will, but I also want guidance on what I should to do train my body outside of the gym

Attached: 117762_lrg.png (637x358, 620K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nkfUqdr-0zk&list=PLBCRwO0FN0zMTqSfFW9SMbK2tncTrI25r
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Considering that you are a beginner there's very little you can do to actually improve your climbing without actually climbing. Just do pull ups and core work like hanging leg raises and ab rollouts.

Any particular core work you'd suggest considering the situation?

Grip strength, back and core is the majority. Its really mostly about route planning and body control than anything else. Just practice my friend. If you want some basics, finger pull ups, planks and farmers carries

Also farmers carries with plates, it will improve finger strength.

was she hot

Why not learn from this girl? You can boost her ego by asking her for help, and show some humility in an appropriate way. This will make you look like a confident, self-assured man. If you're into her, this is a good way to spend more time with her and show that you're interested in one of her hobbies.

Acknowledging that you can learn from someone else is an admirable quality. Caring this much about competing with a girl you're attracted to reeks of low self esteem, and she will pick up on that. Good luck buddy.

Attached: 11280574_1562975800613680_1605474513_n.jpg (612x612, 68K)

This

ask here you fucking autist. if you like here why are you avoiding a great opportunity to spend time with her AND learn some shit

also pull ups

Been climbing for about 3 years here. If you've been climbing

Maybe don't expect to be better than someone who actually does the sport, you egotistical bellend.

Jesus Christ the people who just lift weights and think they'll be beasts at any sport on their first try.

this covers the basics of technique
youtube.com/watch?v=nkfUqdr-0zk&list=PLBCRwO0FN0zMTqSfFW9SMbK2tncTrI25r

lose weight. seriously -- climbing and weightlifting don't really synergize well. I'm a decent climber (5.13 / V8) but am limited by the extra weight and balance problems that come with having bigger legs, core, and pecs.

that being said if you really wanna take it seriously use a hangboard, do more core work (mostly hanging ab stuff), and get ready for a long haul. Tendon strength doesn't come quickly and it's pretty easy to hurt yourself if you go to hard.

If you have ego troubles because of a woman climbing better than you, you should know that are 15 y.o. girls that are literally better than you will ever be at that sport no matter how much you train. If you are really insterested try to enjoy it and learn looking at others, improving it's a slow and personal process.

Hit your forearms and shoulders HARD. Do NOT train legs. Also train your grip strength.

This you autist. ask her to show you the ropes you dope. but you sound like a shithead so she hopefully won't wasteher time

I used to be ropes and rock climbing, instructor, dont need to feel bad bro. Rock climing is one of the only sports women are genetically predisposed to be better at. Yes grip strength important, but not as important as lower body strength, which is all women really have if they have it, being a light weight person, and having finesse, all feminine traits.

never let a woman teach you anything

What? that's not true at all. Women tend to lack the endurance and strength that are necessary particularly for bouldering and long or powerful routes. I guess the sport is one of the most fair between both sexs, with it's great, but what you are saying it's just wrong.

>t. incel

So that's why Margo Hayes climbing 9a+ was such a huge deal when Adam Ondra was working on the very first 9c in the world, literally climbing 9a to warm up.

this