Natural bodybuilding is a joke

> Been doing ppl 6-7x/week
> been counting every fucking macro, 3000cals, 100g fat, 300g carb and 160g protein daily
> arms never grow as usual. Only back, shoulders and chest barely
> lifts are going up a lil
> putting way too much time in the gym for barely any rewards
> gonna switch full body 3x/week and run everyday when it gets warmer out

Stats your gay ass is probably wondering?
5"9
164 bw
Bench 225x10
Ohp 135x10
Db rows 110x6
Dips bw+135x5
Pull-ups bw+70x5
Squats 140x4x10 (knee surgery rehab)

Attached: image.jpg (750x1334, 543K)

>Been doing ppl 6-7x/week
>putting way too much time in the gym for barely any rewards
You aren't gaining because you're overworking. Your body needs time to recover, and you need to be getting >8 hour of sleep a night.

For how many years have you been lifting?
Also, post picture

>massive fucking leglet
Post body so we can laugh.

Always get 8 hours a night. And not really, I'm getting two full rest days till that muscle group is getting hit again.

is that real poop

Attached: 1522024695828.jpg (320x240, 16K)

Eat more.

Thanks. Try blowing out your knee in football and tell me how your life is.

>I'm getting two full rest days till that muscle group is getting hit again
You should be getting 3. You're doing PPLPPLX, try switching to a PPLX routine. Pull, push, legs, rest, repeat. You're overworking, it's obvious, you're not going to get out of it because you already admitted to overworking.

For about 4 years.

Attached: image.jpg (745x588, 231K)

Afraid my lifts will drop if I do that. My body sucks tits at keeping strength. Literally can't even drink a beer without it completely crashing my strength the next day.

Can you go in more details about your routine? With amount of reps/sets. You look ok but yeah you could look better for 4 years

>Been doing ppl 6-7x/week
That's your problem. Take weekends off to let your muscles rest.

>you're overworking
>BUT IF I DON'T OVERWORK I'LL GET WEAKER
Pro tip, professional powerlifters off-cycle take one or two full weeks of rest before a competition so they can lift their absolute maximum without any fatigue. Your strength isn't going anywhere, throw in an extra rest day and reap the benefits of not being fatigued.
You clearly don't know what you're doing.

This guy gets it

>Afraid my lifts will drop

You have no idea what you're doing. Making a thread on a Taiwanese taxidermy collective posting bullshit. If you're going to keep rejecting good advice then you're going to fail, dipshit.

Sage this thread

Better pic. Stomach looks bloated for some reason. And yeah. Push is bench, dips, followed by bro work with shoulders and arms. I do 4 sets of 8-10 and stay within the 70-85% range for bench. Pull is heavy db rows, t rows, farmer walks and some curling. Again 4x8-10 blah blah. Leg is knee rehab and ab day.

You're right. I'm being a paranoid idiot.

No they don't. People's strength completely fucking flop by taking a week off. A Deload week maybe, and some little peaking, but a full week would throw someone completely off. I count every fucking nutrient and follow a rigorous exercise schedule and butt heads like you claim "you don't know what you're doing" what are your lifts big boys? Also, I'm 18 you fuckers.

Attached: image.jpg (750x978, 418K)

>Also, I'm 18 you fuckers
So you started lifting at 14 ?

Attached: 1521103272572.gif (400x206, 1.76M)

I know, crazy I started my passion young and at a completely relevant age. Isn't that insane? Like why would I even do that?

>No they don't. People's strength completely fucking flop by taking a week off.
Again, you have absolutely no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Listen to Larry Williams or any other pro powerlifter who's name you'd actually recognize, and they'll all say that they take a week or two off from all lifting before a meet. Not a deload, I mean completely taking time off before a meet.

But you're obviously 18 years old, know everyone, and everyone's advice is garbage so you won't follow it. I don't know why I bother helping people like you.

Attached: USPA 3.jpg (780x585, 146K)

You might be one of those guys who are too dumb to do it on your own. Hire a personal trainer.

>know everyone
everything* rather

>I'm getting two full rest days till that muscle group is getting hit again.

It's your CNS that needs the rest, and that involves not lifting at all. Some men can lift 7 days a week. You obviously can't.

>No they don't. People's strength completely fucking flop by taking a week off.
>Also, I'm 18 you fuckers.

You're a fucking idiot. Take the weekends off to recover.

/Thread

Well just to let you know asshole, I've taken that shit ass advice and have taken a full week off PLENTY of times. Kept my nutrition in dial, everything. Completely fucked me up and took a few weeks to get back on track. Isn't that crazy how others peoples bodies are different?

>My body sucks tits at keeping strength.

You don't have any to begin with.

Yeah too dumb. I'm fucked bro. Gotta waste money on a guy that will waste my time with gimmick workouts and basic nutrition advice I could google

>be op
>be so paranoid about your lifts that you're not even willing to try anything different
>despite being unhappy with your progress
>also be so neurotic that you reply to every single post itt
>including this one

Sounds like you should be making those mental health gains instead of lifting

Sub bar insult. What are your lifts virgin boy?

It's not an insult. Lack of strength is literally what you're complaining about. What are you even doing here?

It's your CNS that needs to reload, not your muscles. You're just as strong, you just aren't accustomed to heavy heavy lifting after a week off, and your CNS needs to remember what the fuck its doing. Professional lifters can load up after a week off and their body is ready to max out that day. You also take a week or two off before a serious meet because if you get even the most minor injury from fatigue or fucking up before a strength competition. Well, you lost.

But I guess you're 18, you clearly believe you know everything from reading this thread. Most 18 year olds are like this though, just come back in 5 years when you dislodge your head from your ass and can hear what others are telling you.

>5"9

Lmao

Attached: 1523850774334.jpg (480x360, 22K)

> definitely gonna respond
> I know how could I respond to every post that's wild
> have tried countless amounts of strength programs
> never claimed I was unhappy

>Listen to

I started lifting when I was 14. It's not that unrealistic.

Professionals are different than nattys. Reading up on this shit is all I do on my phone. Some
People obviously do benefit from a week off while others including me get derailed. And the powerlifters I follow on ig compete nationally. I'm like 90% sure I've seen them lift a few days prior to comp.

Gotta love the "you're young and arrogant card" gets so old man. My lifts are fantastic for my bodyweight and factoring in my age. I work my ass off to get to where I am.

As toxic as this thread is, I will admit it's probably the most productive thread I've seen on fit in a while

If you can't even listen to professionals itt then what the fuck did you make the thread for? Do you want people to circlejerk around your stats? You're not willing to take any advice that's offered to you, so just let your shitty thread die.

Literally every problem that comes from natty lifting will basically come down to
>eat more
>sleep more
>lift
And really all you need to do is eat more and rest more.

Attached: coolface.jpg (392x300, 99K)

Ohz noz ZOMG! Da manlet memes what duz me do!

>And really all you need to do is eat more and rest more.
He won't, he's about to reply with how he eats 4k calories a day and counts them meticulously to ensure peak nutrition.

Uh, he already said he eats 3000. It's right in the OP. DAMN you meatheads can't even read LOL

aside from your squat, your lifts are pretty good, but you're saying you're only 164 lb and you claim you're eating 3000 calories a day?
Then it's time to adjust your training and increase your calorie and protein intake. 164 american freedom pounds is not that much and you clearly have room to add more muscle to your frame
also consider reducing the frequency of lifts that you do frequently and increase the frequency of variations of them. there is a very real aspect of reduced effectiveness of repeated stimulus.

>People obviously do benefit from a week off
>it's the "I'm a special snowflake and my body isn't like other bodies" thread
We make fun of people like you in FPH daily. Unless you starve yourself, your body isn't going to go catabolic from taking a week off. Nattys benefit more from taking extra time to rest because they aren't taking hormones and growth supplements that cut down their recovery times. Stop posting, sage, etc.

Samefag, also you're undereating. You need to eat more. Eat more, rest more, lift. Still applies because you don't eat enough and don't rest enough, which is exactly what said.

Will do. I'm aware I'm small, that's why I'm trying to gain weight. 3000 cals is what I got from adding on about 500 to my tdee. What do you recommend?
Going to add another rest day. Thank you

> when multiple personal experiences don't apply to your cookie cutter platform. Good job bro

Ok so what is some equation or formula I can use to find a better and more accurate measure of cals ?

You seem very irritable

Have you tried varying exercises whatsoever? It's not surprising that you're stalling if you do the same shit week in week out. Switch out bench for wide grip bench for a macro cycle, switch DB rows for a barbell variation row, do tempo reps instead of whatever shit you're doing currently. Learn how to develop mind muscle connection as it's especially important for isolation exercises which I assume is important to you as you don't seem to want to be strong at all. Also, you're not on gear so don't do your own shitty programming 6 days in a row and expect to recover properly. If you do feel okay every day of those 6 you aren't working your body hard enough which means you're programming is shit. Maybe try powerbuilding - look up Brian Alsruhe who has a lot of good info on this. Open your mind to new ideas, try something other than PPL you might respond better to a different methodology. Lastly, you are young in training age and actual age so don't ever think you know what you're doing.

Big natty bonus: as a natty you either have to commit to a long slow clean bulk or you will have to gain fat to get bigger then cut. Based on your pictures you are pretty fluffy for 164 at 5"9 which suggests you don't have a lot of muscle mass so you might as well bulk up to 190ish without getting too fat before cutting

it is probably cause you're doing meme exercises like dips pull ups and db rows, cut that shit out and replace with barbell rows incline decline bench and deadlift

Jesus. Just stop.

Ok well that routine seems pretty bad. You should do the following:
1-back/traps
2-chest/shoulder push
3-abs/legs
4-rest
5-biceps/triceps/forearms
6-rest

4 sets:
average (7-12)
low (3-6)
average (7-12)
high (12+ or until failure)

>also
Flat barbell benchpress and dips are fucking garbage

My arms are blowing up now that I'm actually doing curls and tricep work instead of doing retarded meme compound based routines.

Daily curls and tricep work, arms almost 18" now.

Yes it does, it literally goes less anabolic if you stop training for a week you brainlet queer.
That's the definition of catabolic, you're literally losing gains BY TAKING DAYS OFF.

Muscle protein synthesis doesn't give a shit about muh recovery, it stays up for a little while after intense exercise.
Plus overall fitness and lift specific strength depends on constant practise.

>4 years lyfting
>Also, I'm 18 you fuckers.

HAHAHAHAHA

This routine looks like a joke dude. You couldn't pay me to do this

stop why ? name bodybuilders who did dips to grow their chest, pro tip there is none, building chest has always been around bench pressing and doing flys, dips are meme as it gets, same with pull ups, yes they work your muscles but you cant be thinking that pull ups will build muscle as well ass any form of rows or lat pulldowns for instance

you are shit and your advice is shit.

If you want to debate me, start by posting your picture with height/weight

Retard detected.

Name bodybuilders who did dips as an accessory to the bench like OP is doing? Uh, fucking most of them. Look up literally any bodybuilder's routine and they'll have dips in them.

I know you've been here for like 6 months and you think you have a grasp of Jow Forums memes, but you don't, so stop and lurk more until you do.

See

You can get out of fucking practice, but you won't lose much in the way of strength and going off for a while is in fact good for you.

Unless you're on serious fucking gear or have really forgiving workouts, you can't just go balls deep every single workout without some extended rest as a natural.
That is not how human beings works.

well i rest my case then, op can do another 4 years of dips and complain that it has no effect

>That is not how human beings works.

Show me a single study showing it is possible for humans to overtrain a muscle and I will change my mind.

In every single controlled trials, the more one trains the more he gains short and long term, granted that person isn't a complete beginner where muscle damage is just insanely high.
After the beginner phase anyone should push their training to the max, it is literally the fastest way to get gains and actuall the only way for a lot of people to even progress.

Hello?

Ah, so you're talking about shitters who have less then a year of exercise under their belt and fuck around in the gym MWF rather then actual athletes or even just shade tree powerlifters/bodybuilders/athletes who've been at it for 5+ years

You're a fucking idiot.
Begone.

4 FUCKING YEARS LUL

>weighted standups not ATLEAST 3pl8's
>weighted sit downs not ATLEAST 3pl8

if these are part of your stats yo're never gonna make it

Attached: 1479097820617.jpg (470x595, 201K)

Yes I vary exercises. And I mentioned I'm getting stronger, just not bigger hence the title of the post. My body literally doesn't freaking grow, I only get stronger. I'm familiar with tempos I use them in my assistance work. I'm actually new to ppl, only been in it for about a month. Was doing high frequency bench/squat powerlifting styled training for about two years. I'm talking about 4/5x a week bench/squat. I used and followed specific percentage and volume loads. Switched to ppl to get some hypertrophy going. My cns is used to the loading.

Right now I'm using dup styled programming for my bench. Just started that. Last month has been doing typical 4x10 to build some musclz. Can't do much with squat atm.

And yeah, I look more fluffy in that pic for some reason. I'm strong but I don't have enough muscle to cut. Clean bulking, zero sugar, no booze. Going clean. Thank you for your input :)

> hitting a group once a week. Already at a disadvantage from my current routine

Will stop there

Just because you're hardly athletic and can't do a set of 30, doesn't mean it's a shitty exercise and that it's useless. How many can you do user? Have you added weight before?

FYI you FUCKING faggot. Google James strickland and Jeremy hoornstra. Both world record benchers. All they DO is dips aside from bench. Get your toxic waste out of here