Is it possible to build muscle without increasing the amount of weight that you have on the bar/bench/machine etc?

Is it possible to build muscle without increasing the amount of weight that you have on the bar/bench/machine etc?

t.homegymfag

Attached: 1519404473859.webm (1024x768, 1.94M)

build muscle as in make more muscle fibers, or strengthen muscle fibers

>make more muscle fibers

I just need to know, are you talking about making more muscle cells or increasing the surface area of plasma membrane your current muscle cells?

SOURCE

Yeh just do rep and drink lots of raw water

make more muscle fiber and keep growing.

need to know if I should purchase more weight or if it's at all possible to have the same amount of weight and possibly do more reps or something.

going to the gym is out of the question, I live on a farm in the middle of nowhere.

looking for solid advice from my bros at Jow Forums here, please no memays

Attached: 1519375793427.jpg (1228x1193, 97K)

You trying to sound smart?

Do high reps slowly and always do compounds. Eat lots of protein. Switch between routines every couple of weeks.

Bangbros dot com

I kept adding reps and saw gains for about three months but now I'm at a plateau and my workouts are like 2 hours plus doing 6x20 on each exercise
Not bad if you're just starting out but eventually you'll have to buy more weight to make it worth your time

need source

depending on your answer, it will determine if you should be giving advice or if you need to stfu

Square up bitch

Attached: 1523812816377.jpg (625x505, 173K)

see

Attached: 1522195053527.png (378x374, 165K)

thanks man. i'm 3 months in now

when I started I couldn't curl 20lbs for more than 5 or 6 reps, now I can curl 70lbs for 8-10 with very little effort. in the same amount of time I went from barely being able to bench 50lbs to easily doing 250 for a few reps. I actually dont know really what the fuck i'm doing but it seems to be working but again, the reason I posted this thread is to gain some insight as to when to add more weight, cuz i'm fucking out of plates.

Carmen Kinsley “corn fed booty”

just realized how troll this sounds, but i'm not trolling. always been a big dude.

Complete waste. They do that STUPID BS where one girl eats the other out from behind, but does NOT lick ass.

Wtf. Useless. Kids, delete and ban this user

Buy another pair of 45s dummy

Are you using barbells or dumbbells?

barbells

Dumbbells let you work out more with lower weights. Have you considered buying two 50 lb dumbbells?

I do most of my training with barbell and ezcurl, but yes I do have adjustable dumbells, i sometimes put my barbell weights on there, it looks retarded but it works, again though i think i need more weight.

what do you mean by they let me work out more with lower weights?

The number of muscle fibers you have is static

*snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff*

Attached: 469C2D27-2B30-4944-B313-3C1CC843A1DE.gif (200x150, 1.11M)

The number of nuclei that activate those muscle fibers is not and is increased by high weight training. Those nuclei are also permanent, and even if you stop lifting you retain them forever. Unlike muscle mass which can and does atrophy.

Which is why you should train heavy before you do anything else, increasing the number of nuclei increases the amount of muscle activation, which makes hypertrophy more effective.

Well dumbbells are harder for your arms to stabilize than a barbell, so you can use lower weights. Your whole body has to make sure it's still in control and not tipping over.

>3 months in
>Went from 20lbs to 70 lbs curl
>Went from 50lbs to 250lbs bench

That makes no sense, either you're lying, exaggerating, or doing something right and you should enlighten us all.

>inb4 always been a big dude

If you were a big dude...
>when I started I couldn't curl 20lbs for more than 5 or 6 reps
You would be able to handle 20lbs when you started easily. 20lbs is nothing.

Explain yourself bro.

Yes

sure i'll explain, what exactly do you want to know?

>I'm at a plateau and my workouts are like 2 hours plus doing 6x20 on each exercise
This isn't even good if you're on steroids, which with this retarded programming there is no way you are.

increase the number of reps in a set. itll burn like fire but it works

Attached: Safe_81fa81_6543335.jpg (811x811, 65K)

y tho thats poopy

lmao wristlets, when will they learn?

Not even meming, add 1 gallon jugs to your bar. If there isn't room on the bar, tie them/tape them.

Each gallon is about 8.5 lbs, 2 is 17 lbs, and you can add a fucking ton of them. I've added about 100 lbs in only water before to my bench. Just be sure not to do the roll of shame, otherwise you have a pretty damn big mess to pick up. Instead, just set it down on your abs and try not to crush your spine/pelvis

>raw water
>not drinking grilled water
Not gone make it famanigga

>pbr
>not superior rolling rock

Attached: 1406861011945.gif (400x225, 787K)

>he doesn't know about negative reps

Attached: 1411704856078.gif (180x200, 1.08M)

Nobody knows, it just is appealing

I want to stick my nose in women's butts and sniff all the time. I want to lick their assholes too. I don't understand it either. It's disgusting.

It seems more like a case of big hands than small wrists to me

Of course it is. There are plenty of other ways of making a lift harder without linear progression (adding more weight), to break through a plateau or because you don't have any more weights in your home gym.
You can make the lift harder by doing more reps, doing pause reps, making an explosive movement up and then fighting the negative (going slower as say the bar on the bench goes), or doing one and a half reps. AlphaDetiny recommends using bands and chains as an alternative.

Attached: 1475864787758.gif (315x293, 2.48M)

Ok buster, I have a bone to pick with you. I grilled my water nice and hot, made sure it was really steaming, and now I can't taste my chicken and rice, I can barely even taste the hot sauce.

Why did you trick me?