>get into conversation with some other student
>he says he has to study 24/7 but is managing perfect grades
>was quite impressed, asked him what he studies
>tells me "eIectrical engineering"
>mfw
>wonder if he was being serious about his degree being hard
>turns out he was
>lnstantIy lose respect for him

I assume there's a few engineering students on here, so I'm actuaIly curious. Do you guys actually think your degree is difficuIt or are you at the stage where you realise anyone could do it?

Attached: 1315252478635.jpg (426x463, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/articles/srep39654
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It is difficult. Many people are weeded out during data structure/algorithm classes. Definitely not for everyone.

>medical students, including doctors, are typically only required to take 1 calculus course and 1 statistics course

medical field confirmed for brainlettes

i remember this pasta but it's been a while since anyone posted it so you're going to get those summerfriends

I'm in grad school for math, both engicucks and medfags are fucking idiots. It's like listening to a moron fight with an imbecile.
However of the two, at least engineers know calculus and the trapezoidal rule, and don't write papers exclaiming it's a new thing while naming it the fucking Tai method lol

>he thinks math is hard

this is the shit OP is talking about, lmao

>medical field confirmed for brainlettes

Attached: 1315252478611.jpg (1004x2693, 790K)

med student here
we dont even have the calculus course lmao and i didnt understand shit about statistics

>he thinks math isn't hard

I could see how somebody that never made it past calculus would have that opinion.

Can't resist a good chicken and leek creamy pasta

> Literally anyone that's capable of passing year 12 can pass any degree with study and time

Attached: 1387711445563.gif (200x200, 81K)

I'm an engineer and the average IQ is 50. It's true because I said I'm an engineer :P

this is retarded im about to start an engineering course and i get consistently As or A* in maths chemistry and physics.

haha same I'm an engineer and I make $5 million a year it's true because I said so

>med
>thinks he's smart in any capacity
Med is literally, LITERALLY a joke. A down's syndrome lobotomized monkey can ace med. EE is infinitely harder than med and it's crazy easy.

Honestly programming nowadays ain't shit to what my predecessors were conceptualizing and writing. I am humbled they paved the way to my easy fortune.

>EE is infinitely harder than med

Attached: 1376020322169.jpg (612x470, 38K)

CAN'T YOU JUST AGREE THAT BOTH OF YOU ARE SMART?

Attached: 1511568954318.jpg (372x457, 47K)

Cry moar medtard.

But neither of them is smart (though OP is the dumber one).

would you like me to post my university offers from durham and bath as well?

Attached: image.jpg (750x803, 422K)

Did an engineering bachelor's and went to med school. The top 1% is probably smarter in engineering. Otherwise medicine as a whole is smarter because they get compensated better and attract higher quality students.

>Cry moar
>moar

Attached: 1376020314119.jpg (857x921, 200K)

not going to lie, I struggled with calculus and stopped after it.
so respect.

How can the average med student be smarter when the average experienced doctor can't tell a rotator cuff tear from a cold?

>thinks his offer to study engineering is impressive

Attached: 1276020322141.jpg (634x815, 120K)

>literally in fucking high school
>I GET A GRADES IN MATHS AND PHYSICS

im saying that even at a lower tier university such as southampton the entry requirements are still above average for an engineering course, so that pic he posted was a complete lie

did you not even read the post i replied to?

Going to college makes you a faggot. Getting a job.makes you a cuck.

dude no shit it was a lie lmao. the fact you got so worked up over it kinda proved his point

>MD/PhD Student

Why can't you guys do both?

Went to school for electrical technologist that now works in the medical field, so trust me when I say
>wanting to work the hours of an electrical engineer or a doctor
Truly the wagiest of slaves.

at least im doing something with my life instead of arguing over other peoples careers

>doctor
>work for 4-6 hours
>save lives, fuck cute nurses
>make $400k pa

not bad Tbh

>work 4-6 hours
in what world, mel?

>Not knowing 4chin lingo
>being this new

>has barely left high school
>going to study memegineering
>thinks he's doing something with his life

oh god

Attached: 1276020322122.jpg (800x804, 54K)

>not knowing that unis artificially raise their entry requirements
They'll let you in even if you get BBB. Liverpool, KCL, Bath, Manchester and loads of other places do this.

>WHY DON'T YOU KNOW THE LINGO FROM MY NAMIBIAN MICROSOFT EXCEL CORPORATE EDITION SUPPORT FORUM

Attached: 1415252478669.jpg (847x629, 118K)

I remember this copypasta from 3 years ago

People who are in college dont belong on this board, you have to be a loser and a failure at life, please leave immediately.

i do know this, i didnt accept that offer. but they still seek out the people who do well in physics. i dont even need to know anything about biology to get into a medical course, you just need good grades.

more than you at least.

Just so you know, an American made that meme about engineering. Engineering has a massive drop out rate in America and it's much easier to get into than in the UK so it's not even relevant to you.
Stop getting riled up over nothing you baby.

>women would rather die than date an engineer
I guess hanging around all those doctors as a health admin gave her high hopes, huh?

Attached: 14931283155169.png (660x589, 204K)

its just been me replying to people who are saying im pissed about it but im more annoyed at the housefly buzzing round my window.

>women would rather die than date an engineer
That was actually a fucking hilarious post

>I-I'M NOT M-MAD! *coughs up blood*
>I'LL G-GET A J-JOB DESPITE MY SATURATED F-FIELD

Attached: 1276020322129.jpg (234x239, 16K)

yeah i will because im a female so ill get first dibs because of their quotas. do you think if i lied and said i was a lesbian they would let me in even faster?

Been to med school and doing electrical engineering now. Electrical engineering is more difficult. Again, this depends where your strengths really lie but it's a lot easier to learn human anatomy than it is to wire up a ship's electrical systems.

>teheheh I'm a gril
Ahhh makes sense, girls usually go for the easier option.

Attached: 1315252478959.jpg (200x282, 10K)

easier option is biology desu. the plebian science.

I've done electrical engineering and now I'm in med school. I didn't study once and got 100% in every EE exam but med schoolw as tough.

It's true because I said so XD

I had a lot of friends that did engineering during college, and half of the engineering students are retarded foreign students who can't even string an english sentence together and think wikipedia and the ability to copy and paste is all you need for assignments.

guess it doesnt matter if the field is saturated when that is the competition

They'll work for cheaper than you will pal. I sure hope you're born into an engineering family, thats about the only thing that could save you at this point.

Do you expect us to believe you completed med school and then decided to become an engineer? Or did you just drop out?

medicine doesn't require intelligence it solely requires a good memory

>hear symptoms
>think of what it could possibly be
>tell patient

that's literally it lmao. even nowadays doctors dont give a fuck and tell people to just google things

It's a lot of path memorization.
I do think surgeons deserve a lot of respect, though.

One significant problem with surgeons is they don't get enough practice so even the top tier ones are dogshit if your condition isn't a clear-cut run-of-the-mill issue and are more likely to cripple you for no reason than actually help you.

h-hey user you should post your discord so we can hang out when we both make it into soton :3

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-26-17-25-00-1.png (1080x1772, 227K)

>One significant problem with surgeons is they don't get enough practice
That's a first world problem.

>doctor
>relaxed schedule
In which country? cyborg med student here btw, we have spergs too, although nothing like engineers

>medicine doesn't require intelligence it solely requires a good memory

Attached: 1276020351519.jpg (650x423, 106K)

i declined southampton and accepted bath and leeds as insurance. never even visited southampton because it was just a filler option

Surgeons are literally the bottom tier of medicine. They rely on everyone else to do anything medically related for them. They're just well paid butchers with shittier hours.

Because what good is a phd? Researchers are fags.

>r9k
>NEETs and wagies (the ones at the bottom barrel)

Ahahaha, these threads are unironically funny....not

>Because what good is a phd? Researchers are fags.
Majority of senior doctors end up doing PhDs or at least clinical research on top of their work as clinicians.

I've been helping out with a few projects in the ICU to boost my chances of getting a surgical fellowship once I've finished my internship. The ICU alone has 19 running atm.

yeah except path memorization isn't even required anymore. when's the last time you visited a doctor? literally all they do is type in your age, sex, general lifestyle and the symptoms you tell them and a program algorithimcally determines what is likely happening

it's literally braindead tier. there's no creativity, no expansion. just "HURRRRRR A+B+C = U MIGHT HAV DIZZ DIZZORDURRRR"

PhDs actually cure diseases and mend broken bones. They build cars and improve them. MDs are basically mechanics except they never look inside the car.

I'm not a professional in any regard, but I'll say engineers are more intelligent, every time I've been to the hospital they never have any real answers, one dude told me I had arthritis, this is supposedly a highly educated man right? I was 23 and fucked up my arm weightlifting, and his genius professional opinion was arthritis, I have dozen examples like this.

I got a vaccination, and during the vaccination when he pressed the needle into my arm, I started speaking gibberish for some reason, but I didn't notice until I saw concerned reactions.

He literally had no explanation for why that happened.

Attached: 1524375149715.jpg (1400x800, 226K)

I'm just saying the technologies we utilize and the advances society has came across amazes me more than a doctor saving a life. More people know scientists and engineers names than they do of doctors.

>Majority of senior doctors end up doing PhDs
I cant even explain to you how wrong that is. A few physicians might conduct clinical research, but they in no way need a phd for that. Unless you're in some bumfuck country.

The actual PhDs who cure diseases are biochemists at pharm companies. The half clinician/half ""researcher"" isnt curing shit.

>and mend broken bones
Fucking how?

You're literally stringing random facts together hoping they're somehow disproving the statements you're replying to when they're completely unrelated.

nature.com/articles/srep39654
for example

The vast majority of senior doctors do not have/get a phd you fucking tard.

The advancements in medical science arent made by fucking physicians who do research on the side. They come from biochem phds at biotech/pharm companies. Most MDs focus on their clinical work because thats what they're paid to do.

>on the internet, nobody knows you're a parrot

he said electrical engineering, not computer engineering