/running/

what's your excuse for not running a 5k today?

you lift all those weights to grow your ceps but choose to completely ignore the muscle that is the reason you are alive, i.e. your heart. Explain this logic to me please.

Attached: 28167-37ccbc14478de618049efd3ca2d54376.jpg (1180x660, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4523889/
jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=403120
ajs.sagepub.com/content/18/4/379.short
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16790540
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18550323
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9489830
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26178328
active.com/health/articles/why-too-much-running-is-bad-for-your-health
dumbrunner.com/training-news/2017/1/20/mans-anecdote-contradicts-research-on-knee-health
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kills gains

t. dies from heart failure

>i-it's fine at least my gains will die with me

>doesn't do hiit to save time and utilize afterburn effect

There's no health benefits seen after running only a few miles a week

>5k
Pls.

If anything, quite the opposite if you do not overdo it.

>implying afterburn effect does not happen during LISS
>implying distance runners do not do HIIT
Guess runners do not do speed drills, huh? I mean, intervals are not HIIT, even though HIIT is done in intervals, right? Even though during a really hard and shorter interval, a runner is going 95-100%? Those hill sprints we do? Nah, definitely not HIIT!

Attached: long run.png (1038x975, 51K)

I like my gains
I like having the cartilage in my knee intact
I like having all of my muscle fibers on my shins not ripped off

Seriously if you run and your career doesn’t depend directly on being really fast you’re a retard.

>I like my gains
learn proper nutrition
>I like having the cartilage in my knee intact
learn proper form
>I like having all of my muscle fibers on my shins not ripped off
buy proper shoes

>implying all of us want to live longer

lol i wanna die since im a manlet and will never get a gf.

Attached: 11312053_659920017471490_1421274118_n.jpg (480x480, 27K)

>I like my gains
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4523889/
>This review provides considerable evidence to support that aerobic exercise training can produce skeletal muscle hypertrophy.
Derp.

>I like having the cartilage in my knee intact
jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=403120
>We did not find an increased prevalence of osteoarthritis among the runners. Our observations suggest, within the limits of our study, that long-duration, high-mileage running need not be associated with premature degenerative joint disease in the lower extremities.

ajs.sagepub.com/content/18/4/379.short
>a lifetime of long distance running at mileage levels comparable to those of recreational runners today is not associated with premature osteoarthrosis in the joints of the lower extremities

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16790540
>Long-distance running might even have a protective effect against joint degeneration

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18550323
>Long-distance running among healthy older individuals was not associated with accelerated radiographic OA. These data raise the possibility that severe OA may not be more common among runners.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9489830
>The presence of radiographic hip OA and the progression of radiographic knee OA was similar for older runners and nonrunners.

>I like having all of my muscle fibers on my shins not ripped off
Maybe you should leave the ego at the door then?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26178328
>Endurance running was effective in providing substantial beneficial effects on body mass, body fat, resting heart rate, VO2max, triglycerides and HDL cholesterol in physically inactive adults. The longer the length of training, the larger the achieved health benefits
Derp.

active.com/health/articles/why-too-much-running-is-bad-for-your-health

This says the cap is 20 miles and it starts doing damage.

Perfect week I run about 8. 1 mile on lifting days, 2 on nonlifting days. Then I do nothing on the weekend.

None because I run 8k everyday...

Attached: 21d942c35fb5cb1d3b65c231dc5b1dd8.jpg (550x764, 55K)

>what's your excuse for not running a 5k today?
I already did.

>This says the cap is 20 miles and it starts doing damage.
You can damage yourself even when running much smaller distances. But there's a point of diminishing returns where after 40-50k you get much higher injury risk while conditioning only gets slight improvements.

Because i ran a marathon a few days ago at 90kg

My excuse is that I'm running my first 50 miler tomorrow. I'm pretty inexperienced, so I really don't know what to expect.

Attached: 1519299357427.jpg (750x1123, 99K)

shoo shoo gains goblin

I don't know which route to take and I feel anxious every time I'm outside

>9:20 mile pace
shut the fuck up you slow cunt

I've been trying to run on and off for a month but I get shin splits that stop me from doing it regularly.

Lately I've been taking vit. D3 supplements and I drink lots of milk.

What do; please help.

I drink a lot of coffee, mostly black but I ease up on bulks

I walk 8k's 6 days a week for uni

I run an extra 4k's on cuts

I have a phenomenally low resting heart rate for how much coffee and daily exercise I get

Doctor says my heart is in fantastic health, and it's been like this for about 7 years now, only starting lifting 15 months ago

Do whats comfortable anons, push yourself to reach goals and find happiness. Never let peer pressure overcome your sense, I guaranty you know whats best for yourself.

I woke up this morning and decided I didn't wanna lift today. I can lift tomorrow. Drank a lot last night and smoked a bit too much.
I'll prolly go for a run later though once my hangover subsides.

Are you overweight? If so lose weight
start with short distances, foam roll, stretch

Plantar fasciitis flaring up.

I do HIIT for a little over 4 miles usually, followed by a 20 minute cooldown on bike or stair master. Ends up with a pace of about 9:30/mile.
The heart is the most important muscle

My new shoes seem fucky, and prone to causing strains and injuries

>linking to an article that cites the Copenhagen Heart Study
In that study, very few of the "strenous joggers" died. It uses a shitty statistical method that does not apply to this instance. This study has been debunked on shitty methodology. Even then, the authors of the study drawed a false conclusion. I attached a pic of the redults of the study it cites.

Lrn2/methodology.

Attached: Screenshot_20180420-083800.png (1080x2220, 420K)

imagine being such a fucking weirdo about a form of cardio that you post this

Don't run on concrete, wear proper shoes, run with proper form. There, done.

Imagine being this BTFO that you have to resort to posting this.

It might be necessary information for Jow Forumsizens that have fallen for the memes.

>the average running enthusiast

Attached: 8B467351-2BDA-4CD9-ABEA-706ABDACE652.jpg (1152x2048, 1.15M)

why the fuck i can't scroll down the splits

>Oh shit! I fell for the cardio ruins gains meme and that other bullshit I've been fed. Now, I got proven wrong. How will I save face now?

Is running the day after leg day with DOMS good or bad or neutral?
How much cardio in one day is actually beneficial? Is there a point where it’s overkill? I usually go for an hour

>still injured and had to cut down to 30mi/wk with the rest of the time crosstraining
Fuck this shit. I'm tired of the ellipitical, rowing, swimming, and cycling.

Attached: 1378510378002.gif (247x248, 228K)

Find out what your resting pace or heart rate is, and stay at or go slower than it. This promotes recovery. Do not go fast. Fast is better reserved for specfic days.

My resting heart rate is around 52
When I do cardio I average high 160s low 170s peaking at like 181

It's bad for you

My knee is fucked up from running too much

Imagine being such a faggot you reply to a comment 3 times to try to make it feel like more than one person in this thread isn’t a fucking weirdo.

I’ll say it again, low impact and HIIT is the way to go unless you’re doing an activity that directly relies on being a good runner(sports, military, etc), if not your doing yourself a disservice

Too high. Those are the heart rates for lacate threshold and VO2max training, not recovery. Slow down.

Imagine doing this much damage control after your "it ruins muh knees and gainz" comment was btfo by studies suggesting otherwise.

And how is that running's fault? You were the idiot who did not listen to his body.

Here is an article for you: dumbrunner.com/training-news/2017/1/20/mans-anecdote-contradicts-research-on-knee-health

I did it yesterday and i am taking a break today

>run cross crountry in highscool
>get shin splints twice
>never gain am ounce of muscle
>never lose weight either since I’m eating so much so carbs so I can get faster
>two of my three good friends can’t run anymore because of arthritis
You can’t convince me with any gay studies you gay fag

Blyat

Attached: Screenshot_20180420-061453.jpg (1080x2220, 716K)

I'll run on Saturday.

>muh anecdotes triumphs scientific studies on the subject matter

Nice anecdotal evidence guy, but the fact that you and your friends fucked up doesn't mean shit in the face of greater evidence.

Also doing a bit of cardio and doing cross country are a bit different I think.

>>run cross crountry in highscool
And how was your training in HS? Can you provide the training schedule from when you and your friends ran in XC with the paces and weekly distance?

>for twenty miles
>he doesn't know about the 80/20 rule
Stfu fucking faggot

43 yoldfag... Run 5k on the treadmill at 2% every visit to the gym... then weights.

Remember
>GOTTA GO FAST
Every. Single. Run.

because kilometers are for faggots. i run miles.

Where am I supposed to run? Should I just do multiple laps in a park until I hit 5K? I-I'm scared of people looking at me when I run past them after a few times

Stop finding stupid excuses to not do it.

I run more like 95% of my miles easy. I'm saying that your easy pace being 9:30/mile is fucking garbage so stop acting like you're the shit.

Okay then. Post the pace of your long runs since you are claiming the pace is shit while not taking into account how long the person has been running, if they do any speed drills, their weekly mileages, etc. Come on, we're waiting.

>Those hill sprints we do?
He claimed to do speed drills.

How long do you think it would take to train for a 20k? For somebody hasn't' ran in years but isn't fat.

20 mile run
Jesus Christ my respect, I'm tired after a 5k

Hill sprints is not directly much as far as speed but more for strength and VO2max.

>VO2max
>not for speed

Attached: vO7lRZ7_d.jpg (621x702, 16K)

Not as long as you might expect, running it regularly would be nuts though.

Bros what's the protocol when it is windy as fuck and pretty hot at the same time?
Sweaty + wind is the best recipe for getting a cold

Attached: windy.jpg (465x294, 37K)

I wouldn't call a 5k endurance running.

being cold does not mean you will catch a cold

I'm gonna do the last of my weekly runs in just a bit. fuck off don't judge me.

>I wouldn't call a 5k endurance running.
Isn't that his point? Even endurance running won't fuck you up. Given that, the basic amount of cardio required for good cardiovascular health isn't going to kill your gains and blow out your joints.

Bumping for tips

Attached: 1523003104414.jpg (736x1030, 78K)

I have a question about hydration. I'm cutting right now so I do long runs on the weekend to burn calories. I lose about 2.5kg of water by sweatig after running for 2 hours. I live in the tropics so it's normal to sweat that much.
Do I have to drink the same amount of water (2.5liters) to replace the water I lost during my run?
I don't want to be dehydrated but at the same time it feels like such a waste to gain all that weight back.

Best running music?

This is a good point.

you don't need to run for cardiovascular health
I prefer swimming or cycling personally

>what's your excuse for not running a 5k today?

none, but thanks. You just convinced me to go for one.

So, how do I run without breaking my knees?

you mention your heart a few times but never say what your resting heart rate is. if its not below 55 fuck off.

I played soccer today for 2 hours

Also, is there any reasonable argument that i shouldn't run 5k on the same day i lift?

>Sweaty + wind is the best recipe for getting a cold

You catch a cold in these situations because everyone is inside and therefore you are closer to other people who may share their shit. Fucking idiot

Are you retarded?
Do you want to lose weight or fat?
Because if you want to lose weight just cut of that empty thing between your ears.
Otherwise don't try to dehydrate yourself after working out

Attached: file.png (913x286, 33K)

I jump rope instead

Not necessarily true. Lactate threshold increases with fitness. I'm not him but my aerobic threshold is 163 and I'm nowhere near as dedicated as I could be.

5k turned into 10k, my split times were
>2.4k - 11:36.7
>5k - 24:28.0
>10k - 49:06.7

Actually a PR for my 10k. Stats are 200cm, 102kg. Goals are to smash the 2.4k to under 10 minutes and keep that pace up to my 10k.

Attached: WP_20180420_20_54_59_Pro.jpg (5344x3008, 2.75M)

>ran around 20 km yesterday
>pissed blood when I got home

Should I be worried about it?

Are you sure it's blood or are you that dehydrated? Sometimes, extreme dehydration can make your urine red.

I’m not certain it was blood, just assumed it since everything was red and I hadn’t eaten anything that would turn urine red. Suppose it could have been dehydration as I didn’t drink any water during the run.

September through February I lift 4 times a week with 1 yoga day and one 5k+ day or 12 miles+ on bike. One day off. March through August I lift 3 times a week with 1 yoga day and 2 days of a 5k+ or 12mile+ bike ride.

How are you feeling ATM? Did you drink any water prior to the run? Drink some water and if it continues or you feel bad, I would get to the ER immediately. I mentioned that it could be dehydration since it could be a possibility. Start taking sips of water at regular intervals during your long runs.

>She is overstriding and heelstriking

Attached: laughing whore running.jpg (866x1300, 204K)

please go drink some water.

Also I don't really run anymore except for tabata every month or so. I do pretty much everything else for cardio, been using the rowing machine.

I feel fine now. Had some discomfort yesterday afterwards, especially as I had to go to the toilet multiple times in short succession. At least for now it seems to have passed.

Yeah, I should be drinking long runs. Didn’t plan on a long run so I didn’t bring any water, but I took a few too many wrong turns.

A cold is caused by contracting the rhinovirus, not being cold.

kek

Is running better for your health than lifiting?

Both are important for overall health.

You can go to a pharmacy and buy Urinalysis dipsticks that detect, among other things, blood. They're very straightforward and easy to interpret. Note that after prolonged exercise, some results such as protein appear "abnormal" but are really just a side-effect from exercise. Blood can be microscopically elevated from exercise, but if it's macroscopically visible, there may be a problem.
Also, if you're taking large doses of Vitamin C, don't bother; Vitamin C is notorious for causing false negative reactions for several tests on these strips, blood included.

I run 2 km three times a week as warmup for lifting.

>not being able to go 20 miles cruising at a 6:30 pace
confirmed never gonna be fast

Attached: Screenshot_20180420-154444.png (1080x1568, 95K)