People who fast are losing muscle mass

people who fast are losing muscle mass.

Why are you idiots so retarded? Prove to me you dont lose muscle

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-03-20 11-48-37.png (425x619, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uNzZod_d18A
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4516560/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2279566/?page=14
suppversity.blogspot.ca/2016/10/new-lean-gains-study-confirms-if-gets.html?m=1
reddit.com/r/fasting/search?q=pics&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Snake
Diet

Dyel
Fag

Because your body burns fat before muscle.

It's like rapstars throwing their money at strippers. Some people lose muscle just to prove they can afford to do so. It's a g thing. You wouldn't understand.

>Prove to me you dont lose muscle
you do lose muscle mass during a fast
but it is better than a low cal diet
fucking google it or read the op
in the fast general

Attached: #BullyHunters.png (217x232, 79K)

You do, but far, far less than you do with caloric restriction and with the time saved you'll have so, so much more time for building muscle, i.e. being in a calorie surplus.

The only link on prolonged fasting in the op states it lowers your hgh levels

yeah the op is new so idk . i thought hgh levels increased duing a fast.
but here watch this , it's a great vid !
youtube.com/watch?v=uNzZod_d18A

Attached: stop eating now.jpg (3024x1730, 1.95M)

Your dumb ass can't even prove you don't lose muscle on a calorie deficit, dipshit.

/fast/ never says you don't, but it just says you will lose less because ketosis.

Now delete this thread, so you can make it 4 more times before it finally starts digging into your thick skull or until your ADHD sends you in another direction, brainlet.

Fastards have bought into a cult just like Scientologists. Their precious Dr. Fung and Snake Oil Man are their new Gods. It’s basically a cargo cult where the cargo is going from Fatass to Chad in months

>going from Fatass to Chad in months
this sounds too good to be true
but trips of truth !

Attached: just.jpg (720x960, 67K)

>ketosis makes you preserve muscles
How?

because by definition it means your body is getting most of its energy from fat.

Well if you were to fast and work out your muscle is broken down, How would you build it up again without eating protein, your body can't just pull amino acids put of thin air

I'm pretty sure you can't gain strictly fasting, bro. It's just a way to cut faster.

Only a Hamplanet whose brain function has become hampered by constant malnutrition would think fasting is a good idea

lurk more, kiddo

>going from Fatass to Chad in months
Except it's the actual truth. Fasting is how our bodies were designed to work since the dawn of our time.

t. ex landwhale turned skinnyfat and now building muscle

I guess that's why all the professional bodybuilders fast instead of doing a high protein but low calorie diet... Oh wait

Can someone tell me if most people in /fast/ are fatties or active lifters?
I lift 6 days a week and am almost constantly cutting. I do IF but thats about it.

They think walking is moderate activity, don't even bother seriously.

>our bodies were designed to go weeks without eating and consuming carefully calculated mix og minerals throughout the day

Appreciate it. I saw someone post a progress pic in that thread the other week and it was like a fat 18 year old who went to skinnyfat mode and everyone was complimenting him. Someimtes I forget not everyone on this board actually lifts.

You're saying that like professional body builders also aren't on roids, every supplement their is, at the gym every fucking day for hours

And oh look, tons of them fucking die because they overload on protein and forget to eat decent food.

our bodies were designed to have periods of digestion and periods of ingestion, intermittent fasting, not weeks based fasting, that's a fucking meme.

says the plg fatty.

says what study?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/

Attached: 29737395_428822824208082_257319032665931776_n.jpg (1080x1080, 128K)

You think cave man sat down for a bowl of cereal in the morning?

if you are trying to persuade someone of something, you can't tell them to disprove your claim as a means of proving yourself. fucking idiot

>daily reminder there are no body pictures in their retarded /fast/ threads

Attached: 1523491597953.jpg (265x259, 22K)

idk im no anthropologist.

says try it out yourself for a month you retard and dont make me spout an anecdote, and if you want peer reviewed placebo that much literally 10 second google ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4516560/

The implication being that not eating won't help you lose weight?

I've seen a few, and they never have muscle

the implication that fasting does not provide successful results, you inbred faggot

they overload on protein and forget to eat decent food.
Wow, nowadays even housewifes post on Jow Forums?

this board is filled with hamplanets who think starving themselves work

> NO PROGRESS PICS
> NO STUDIES

yeah thats because their body feeds on their muscle mass and they end up losing 10-20 lbs of muscle and start raving on Jow Forums about how godly their diet is. yet they lack confidence to post because of how shitty they look. theyre more turned on by a number on a scale than how they look

Yea honestly I think people on this board need to make sure they don't make the mistake I did years ago and assume everyone here is actually
1) Fit
2) A returning user

I think a lot of people use the board briefly and then newbies come in and just parrot memes and get all defensive cause they got fuck all else to do.

that's why every bodybuilding community fastens am i right?

your muscle will atrophy and die.

>The body breaks down muscle it uses instead of burning fat reserves that he purposely stores for energy

Attached: 1519586122144.png (1080x1080, 137K)

If it is with a slight caloric deficit like 200-250, and if you're eating good amount of protein and whole foods you could get away with not losing much. Lose your body fat from lifting and cardio

HGH my nigga

Humans do not hibernate you retarded niggers

pic related(measued with FitQuest BIA machine)

Attached: bodycomps.png (748x705, 24K)

are you brain dead? i said fasting not low cal

Attached: DbK6U07WsAI7-v5.jpg (887x1200, 142K)

keto diet, fasting, nofap, cant remember what else. basically everything's shit. i think its the fatasses who look like shit that keep creating threads with these dumb diets

also most of them lack any common sense and parrot what they read on the internet without having basic knowledge of nutrition + havent seen the food circle when they were on the primary school

>parrot what they read on the internet without having basic knowledge of nutrition + havent seen the food circle when they were on the primary school

Attached: 1507473353127.png (586x578, 37K)

t. fatfuck

>t. fatfuck

Attached: 1507486168286.png (645x729, 14K)

Then why are you still fat

Can you still go to the gym while fasting? How many days do i fast for?

Yes keep braking down muscle while being unable to repair it

Where's your source on this? You're absolutely pulling this out of your ass. You have no experience with having muscle and cutting, why bother posting your blatantly wrong opinion?

dude have some common sense, i swear to god 90% of Jow Forums is underage

They are ALL either misguided people looking for a magic solution or people who have eating disorders

Lmao fast fatties are true brainlets

Attached: ED92476B-B949-41A3-9431-411CE162A802.png (211x239, 3K)

I hope you know even the most severely mentally handicapped retards know they need to eat regularly

It does you mongoloid. Look up what kind of energy source the brain uses

This is literally basic knowledge that any cultivator of muscle knows.
Find me a serious bodybuilder who fasts. Find me a legitimate pro athlete who fasts.
Oh that’s right you can’t

Ketosis doesn't "preserve" muscles, that would imply that it doesn't even affect muscles. Muscle catabolism is slowed but doesn't cease entirely ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2279566/?page=14
Or what about in the old OP when there was a link to a study that claimed intermittent fasting showed greater fat loss and muscle retention than a regular caloric deficit? Don't give me that "IF is fasting" shit, it's as much fasting as not eating in your sleep is. It's assumed that we're talking about 5 day, week long, 2 week fasts. Not alternate day, not IF.

>suppversity.blogspot.ca/2016/10/new-lean-gains-study-confirms-if-gets.html?m=1

And legitimately fasts for days on end. Not intermittent fasting because we know that would have been his big clap back

>The body pulls amino acids out of it's ass
You already have 3 replies telling you you're wrong but holy fuck, this isn't even the only case of /fast/ards now knowing anything about fasting

Intermittent “fasting” is hardly fasting anyway. It’s a misnomer. It should be called “skipping breakfast”

>thinks fat to skinnyfat is equivalent of fatass to Chad
Fasting is fine for fatties, you'll lose weight on it no doubt. Just don't delude yourself into thinking fasting will turn you into anything but a turboautist

It’s not even that because you make up the calories later on, it’s still the same total calories in a day. But fasting niggers don’t realise that because it has the word fast in it

I do intermittent "fasting" it makes consuming feber calories alot more satisfying

you have fat. fat is for energy. you have muscle, which is vital for getting food. you stop eating. you start burning fat. like a bear in hibernation. why would your body go for muscle, when it has fat that is ready to be used as fuel? its like fucking common sense

breakfast is called break fast because you are breaking the fast you blubbering fucktard. so yeah its fine that it is called that. fucking idiot.

fucking biology 101 you dumb cunt. if you don't use it you lose it.

fasting and not working out is a recipe for disaster for your gains.

thats why you can still lift a bit while fasting you stupid fucking dumbass. who said anything about not working out while fasting

enjoy the massive strength and muscle loss dumbass.

yeah no. you lose a little, then you easily get it back when you start lifting normally again. you just dont know how anything works because you are brainwashed. "hur if i fast for a week to cut then i lose all muh muscle aherpa"

>working out with zero energy

Attached: 35BDF618-05FD-48EC-A60A-77521C6DD2F8.png (408x450, 35K)

>what is fat

Attached: tard.jpg (900x888, 91K)

Look up any bodybuilder contest prep diet. It literally involves eating 6+ small meals a day. The absolute complete opposite of fasting

I still have not seen any examples of body builders that fast for a fucking week use this muscle suicide method nor have I seen progress pics here describing gains.

Yeah that's why there's a strategy to this new friend. I, for example, eat ketogenicly for three days prior to starting a fast for 3-5 days at a time, and I DON'T WORK OUT (except very light cardio), then I do a full body, low volume, high weight workout just before the carb-free meal that breaks my fast, then I proceed right into another fast remaining in ketosis the entire time. With this strategy I cut in a month what use to take me four. You do lose strength/muscle mass, sure, but definitely not more than you would lose doing a low calorie diet for four times as long. Additionally, consider the hypothetical gains you miss out on by not lean bulking those three extra months of cutting.

Attached: slick-rick-4.jpg (900x750, 129K)

This is completely wrong.
Unless your body is in positive nitrogen balance, then maybe.
But the body is going to be getting rid of muscle mass as well to lower your caloric needs

>not eating for 3-5 days at a time
You should be put in a fucking hospital and force fed sludge through a tube you sick, sick person

>They are ALL either misguided people looking for a magic solution
not eating , losing weight = magic !

Attached: 1520011508409.png (595x584, 352K)

Cool and then what? You’re much better off simply learning to eat a balanced diet

>Cool and then what?
what do after weight loss ?
lift or whatever the person wants
everything is easier when you're not obese

Attached: wow.png (506x649, 639K)

Look it up on youtube, there are videos as long as an hour by medical experts explaining all of this shit. If your little pea-brain can't handle a 1 our video there are these fun ADHD-proof videos as quick as 7 minutes also explaining it in pretty good detail.

Fasting is for fatties. Watch a snake diet video, the start of every video is "HEY FATTY!" Fasting can be beneficial for other things, but obviously for bodybuilders and athletes the costs would out way the benefits. If you cannot understand that fasting does have a time and place for some people then you might want to try being more honest with yourself.

seeRay Cronise fasted for the benefits other than weight loss

Have you ever noticed no one in a /fast/ thread can post before and after pics? Probably because they look deflated and flabby

Attached: 1517023820905.png (378x357, 81K)

>/fast/ is all of the fasting community

Look up some fucking progress pics on reddit or some other shithole if you need evidence that this works.

If I search anything its people who do IF, not that snake oil shit. Prove me wrong

reddit.com/r/fasting/search?q=pics&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all

You are wrong

>Takes outdated phrases literally
If you consider not eating for 8 hours a fast, then you're stupid but that's fine. When most people think "fasting" they usually think more along a daily or even weekly timeline, not hourly.

thanks for proving my theory right
everyone looks like shit

>all DYEL, still fat, or women
Your point just worsens the idea that fasting is good for aesthetics

I'll pray for you user.

this guy lost 40ibs and looks exactly the same
If you fast you are delusional

Attached: BGdrtqy.jpg (2048x2048, 356K)