CHEAT DAY

are fitizens seriously having a CHEAT DAY once a week?

if so, how do you approach it?

are you really doing this?

if so, isnt this a bit too much of "enjoying life" at once?

Attached: Fast-Food-overload-1600x1106-8-12063.jpg (1600x1106, 514K)

i do when i bulk but when i cut i don't

are you doing this on you second off day at the end of the week or even on a training day?

My system consists of doing a three times a week full body routine. It's a higher volume and intensity version of Wendler's Building the Monolith with a few added accessories.
So on the days I lift, I eat whatever I want. So really, i have three cheat days a week. On my off days, I either eat one or two meals a day of as much meat and fat as possible with minimal carbs. One if im cutting, two if I'm maintaining or bulking.
Using this, I'm able to maintain a solid control of my weight. Doing this with OMAD on off days can make me shed weight insanely fast while maintaining strength. I can lose 10lbs in three or four weeks this way.
When I'm bulking on this, I gain weight, but it's so much muscle that I honestly can't even tell I'm gaining weight because there is no visible fat accumulation.

I do only cheat meals, not whole days and only if it fits my macros. I.e. on a cut only after a run, when I have some extra calories to consume. On bulk basically whenever I want since the hardest part is getting all the calories in

Attached: IMG_3536.jpg (960x696, 136K)

>DAY
no
>MEAL
yes

I do it when I'm sad

> So on the days I lift, I eat whatever I want.
you dont care about protein intake?

This. Really been craving big macs lately so Ive been getting them after some of my workouts but I usually try to clean bulk. I find it hard to get enough cals though so I have to force myself to cheat more often. Havent had to cut yet as Im a recovering spooky skelly girl. Plateaued at 136lbs so any suggestions appreciated.

"Cheat" meals are weak minded/female logic, you think you're getting away with something so the calories don't count.
Either allow extra calories for one large meal a week or don't otherwise you're just cheating yourself.

Drinking your calories is easiest way to get up

For me increasing my breakfast helped in bulking. I started making 1k-1.2k calorie smoothies for breakfast. 2 scoops myprotein instant oats (~100g), 80-100g peanut butter, 2 bananas. A lot easier to consume than any other 1k cal food and good macros

While cutting i do a "refeed" day which usually consists of a high calorie meal that puts me a bit above maintenance.

Once a week

Oh and obviously add water for consistency since it's a smoothie

It's dumb only if you don't count the calories to your total daily count. Most people do

Doesn't that just slow down your cut? Unless you are staying below your TDEE every day, that should not be done since it will make your progress really slow

Good point Ive been mostly having coffee for breakfast and a protein shake (inconsistently) with about 1-2 scoops. Definitely low cal though, I will try to breakfast smoothie suggestion but Im hooked on that bean juice jew I gotta learn to have food when I wake up.

>Most people do
Most people don't, otherwise it wouldn't be a cheat meal it would just be a meal.

Keeps the diet in check. As long as you don't go overboard a la Butterfield diet, it's fine. It keeps me from blowing my brains out, and lets you satisfy cravings in a way that won't indulge binge eating.

Cheat day for me is when I skip the gym, rather than eating more than I should. Even though I'm hungry all the time even when bulking, I have self control

I have a cheat day once a week with my gf but i'll IF on that day and still keep the fucked food to fit my macros

Cutting must be hell for you

i had a cheat day today, but that's just to celebrate reaching my goal weight. down 20lbs since i started. also it was 420 lol