When was the last time you experienced gymtimidation?

When was the last time you experienced gymtimidation?

Attached: 1523547351372.jpg (480x851, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20090825130031/http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/trends.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: planetfitness3.jpg (750x1000, 135K)

Do they at least make good pizza?

I assume they ordered it from the pizza place on the girls shirt.

i assume the girl is a member of the family that runs the pizza place

I'm not even mad at planet fitness, for some people it's a bigger hurdle to just get them used to going to the gym or even moving their flabby bodies with the intent to expend energy only. If pizza is the carrot that gets them off their ass then so be it.

Attached: 1436426183550.jpg (612x612, 127K)

>We do not cater to bodybuilders or heavyweight lifters
>unlimited intraworkout nutrition
Hmmm.

Attached: 1436426354795.jpg (600x800, 108K)

>American math

Attached: 1436426337636.jpg (640x640, 113K)

how do I convert planet fitness opening hours to microwave time?

I was ohp ing and just finished my first set after warming up. this dude came up and asked how many sets I had left. I said 3 or 4 and he went "oh just wondering cause you're taking like 5 minute rests" real passive aggressively

Fuck those of you who take 5 minute rests though - may a thousand barbells get stuck upon your chests and asphyxiate you.

>That dude that sits on the bench for fucking 5 minutes doing nothing

fuck you

You win this by asking if he wants to work in.

>Mind if I work in braaah?

plz never do this and let us sport in peace

I time my rests on a stopwatch so they don't exceed 3 min, dude was just being an impatient bitch

t. sub 2pl8 bench dyel

if you don't want to share the equipment get a home gym or go at night

Honestly after all those webms watching someone leg pressing even 4 plates makes me nervous.

>imagine being this fat and out of shape

30 second max rest masterrace, on every lift. Pussy fight me send me your address

>implying anyone that goes to planet fitness can leg press 8pl8

(fat x guilt) + pizza - (justification^laziness) = planet fitness opening hours. It's how they afford pizza Fridays

My rests are exactly 1 minute and 30 seconds like my phone tells me after I log the set.
Also I bench press in the power rack to prevent that type of injury.

Maybe lift lighter if you need to spend 90% of your gym time doing nothing to keep up with it

Attached: 1436426286014.jpg (600x900, 53K)

Imagine being this much af a fag and not dancing with lady death every time you lift a huge weight above your fragile trachea.

Wait how long of rests do you take for your barbell lifts :thinking:

>85% of people in the usa are overweight or obese
>serve pizza in a gym

>do not cater to bbodybuilders
You mean 0.00001% of people?

>obesity costs more than the us military

>that guy that benches in the power rack

Attached: 1436426252239.jpg (640x640, 81K)

it's actually only 66% of adults, but using the word "only" doesn't seem right

>pizza is a carrot

the absolute state of americans

No it is 85%

Only when there's another rack unoccupied, I try not to monopolize the racks. I usually lift late at night so it's not a problem.

>machine designed with sole purpose of lifting weights
>not for weightlifters

Attached: IMG_20171031_072207.jpg (320x320, 7K)

Source? Wikipedia has lower numbers, but they are older.

how stupid are you bro

This is 2007, and i am a psychologist who can actually understand statistics.

There are huge errors in the way they collect the data and the numbers are muh higher. Just like unemployment figures where huge numbers are excluded, and people who don't count are included etc. With añl of this they are still the higjest in the world

Attached: 1517479530773.gif (354x193, 875K)

>tfw i take 5 minute rests but nobody has ever said shit to me because i'm just that fucking big

must suck to suck.

fuck off fags

Nice

Attached: 350px-Anglosphere_2007_overweight_rate.png (350x270, 26K)

Is this some SJW marxist gym in America?

All leftists are ugly and fat anyway.

Attached: 1523216738334.gif (320x240, 320K)

Slightly unrelated but 1 in 3 Americans are diabetic, or have pre-diabetes and will develop type 2 diabetes if left untreated God bless

looks rad. Free calories for my bulk

Attached: 1521436331448.jpg (478x351, 18K)

Bullshit, Ireland here and we are not that fat.

Are American gyms really like this?

Attached: 1436426421195.jpg (348x348, 16K)

Who isn't being counted in this statistic?
web.archive.org/web/20090825130031/http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/trends.html
I'm not arguing that the US isn't the highest percentage in the world. The number has probably gone up since then, but if you're going to cite a specific number, I'm going to want to know where you got it from.

That image says 74.1% and counts non-adults.

Max gains here

Are you allowed to sleep at planet fitness? 10$ per month would be a good deal for a homeless person looking for a warm and safe sleeping spot.

Pretty horrifying when you think about it.
Especially the statistics for children.

Attached: PrevalenceOverweightAge6-19.gif (720x540, 12K)

I ain't even mad, PF is free market capitalism at its finest.

>charging fatties so they can tell their friends they go to the gym
>feeding fatties pizza so they never lose weight
>MFW every other gym is out of question for fatties due to lack of Tootsie Rolls

Attached: 4893070-6163752488-n_sOQ.jpg (309x309, 24K)

>count non adults

No where else is this done, we don't count education levels or employment status of fucking 6 year olds.

They ought to start at 25 like with employment, because it takes time.

The lowest levels of obesity sre among children, becauwe it takes time to eat so much.

Then there is the counting of foriegn students who will return home,

Then the self report alone will push the number 10-20% lower, because white women the largest demo have been proven to underreport their weight.
And white men the 2nd lsrgest sample demo over report their height.

This lowers the bmi of 60-80% of the sample demo in the self report data.

Heir geographical stratified sample has problems with cities and confounding education variables too but lets not get into that.

Not as stupid as you.

Lmao

if you're looking to safe money it might be better to get the full 18 month deal

This. It's just a cash grab. If you want to actually lift, go to an actual gym. Nothing wrong with milking an easy cow.

t. Stupider than me

stay weak faggot. if you want to get decently strong you need long rest periods.

I would heem you irl you dyel twink faggot

No, there are other foods besides pizza.

Attached: static1.squarespace.com.jpg (800x599, 79K)

>When was the last time you experienced gymtimidation?

DON"T BE ME

>Have an unfit friend be interested in getting fit/losing weight
>Encourage him to join my gym, we'll be gym buddies, etc
>I've known this guy for a long time, he's a DnD friend, 100% pure beta but willing to give the gym a shot
>Real nice guy, always willing to help you when you ask for anything but basically suffers from self esteem issues based on his physical appearance
>He should've picked a better gym partner
>Go to gym together
>Instantly mog him with my reps and sets
>Pay little attention to him or give him encouragement
>In retrospect I was too used to going to the gym solo and being my own self motivator, I didn't know how to help someone else out
>Def gave him the cold shoulder a few times
>100% sure I gymtimidated him because he stopped after a week and a half
>100% sure I fucked up

Still friends with him tho but I still feel bad over how autistic I was back then

I just think that people eating pizza while working out don't carrot all

don't ever reply to me again

Can you imagine the person thinking up this idea? They must have been cackling at the time.

>fit people not welcome
Lel. Makes sense though, how many times have you read some fat on here complain they're scared to go to the gym and be judged. Fatties are weak and need coddled.

Cant tell if ironic or not

Isn't 8pl8s a lot?

Attached: planet fitness fatass.gif (194x324, 1.82M)

kek

Attached: 1436426404749.jpg (640x640, 142K)

Bro you're a fucking pussy, I overlap different exercise a so that I take literally 0 seconds rest during the whole gym session. Like I'll OHP dumbbells while walking to the squat rack than immediately start squatting, still ohp'ing the dumbbells. I'll throw them to the side while i'm atg then come up right under the barbell allowing me to move to barbells squats instantaneously. Than once I am on the last rep of squats I'll start to curl with one side while squatting down, holding the bar with my other hand. Etc. If you don't train like this you're a fucking weak faggot.

Enjoy your nogains bro

>be american
>go to the gym
>get fatter
>leave gym
>get shot

its a damn shame

Last topic believed this was a good gym if you're homeless, that is if they don't require a credit card to sign up.

The damn shame is pizza day is only one day a month. They do have Tootsie Rolls at the desk.

>sign doesn't use the same spelling of "Judgement" in Planet Fitness's sign

Attached: pepe mirror.jpg (736x598, 39K)

>said the man doing cardio with an empty bar

Attached: 1436426234867.jpg (612x612, 81K)

checked

Attached: bateman.jpg (584x413, 31K)

Yeah say that shit to me IRL you dyel faggot I'll pound your ass. Fuckin faggot.

He's not lifting huge weight doing 1.5 minute rests. His working weight is probably like 1pl8

>>get shot
by wife's sons boyfriend

based basedboy

go back to your jazzercise routine, I think all this extra rest time is making you anxious

That's what I thought idiot. No real argument just shit posting and deflecting. I bet you're a virgin lmoa just look at this fag.

wait so you allow your delts to rest while you start squatting? are you a fucking tuberculosis riddled 7 year old girl on a lifting field trip from the sanitarium?
If you don't OHP while squatting and transition into hip thrusts/bench without constantly engaging every muscle in your body during the entire workout then you are going to be skinnyfat forever and shrink your dick to sub 8" dicklet levels.

Home gym. Everyday. These mad gains.

One day, the Planet Fitness CEO cast his eyes downward from his golden throne in Hampton NH, noticing with dismay that people still had money due to not buying Planet Fitness gym memberships. An emergency staff meeting was called to rectify the situation.

"How did this happen?" shrieked one board member.

"When did they slip through our fingers?" gnashed another.

"SILENCE!" bellowed the hallowed CEO. "JUST LOWER THE STANDARDS."

The personal trainers looked at one another uncomfortably. Finally, the lead trainer hesitantly stepped forward and asked, "Sir, what should we, exactly, lower?"

"EVERYTHING! ITS OKAY TO EAT BAGELS! ITS OKAY TO EAT PIZZA! ORDER ONE OF EVERY PIZZA EVERY WEEK!" boomed the CEO.

"But won't that be impossible to balance? Our workouts were never designed to accommodate such large amounts of carbs..." said the lead trainer, with a look of utter horror.

"We'll just release new studies that justify the extra calories!" the first board member tittered, as the full extent of the CEO's glorious plan dawned on him. "And then we'll add expensive plans that will spot train the extra fat!" cackled the second, as he too realized the genius of Planet Fitness's fearless leader.

"A Planet Fitness Black Card will cost 21.99 dollars a month!" howled a third triumphantly.

"I don't think that's even remotely close to the actual value..." began a personal trainer, before the frenzied CEO tore his throat out.

And so it was that amid much feasting and sacrifices to their dark gods, Planet Fitness laid the foundations for what would become Pizza Monday.

Attached: DUlDe74c_400x400.jpg (400x400, 26K)

sorry, I think you forgot to post your address and phone number so I could "say that shit" and have my ass pounded by you IRL

I once heard a story about this place, apparently they kicked a guy out because he was ripped and was "intimidating" the other patrons. Is this place actually like this or is it a meme like No Singles Policy or Penis inspection day?

If pizza is a vegetable in the USA, why can't it be a carrot as well?

>UK is 10% behind
We are coming for you yanks.

Attached: PHK7zOG.png (750x422, 281K)

There is absolute nothing wrong with 90 second rests.

You are retarded. Never speak again.

its a meme for the most part, but i go at 3am when theres maybe 10 people at most so i guess i really dont know

>He doesn't simultaneously do 3 different lifts for negative rest time

Different goals, different routine my man. If You want to have a respectable 1rm, you need to take long rests. If you dont care about stength, sure, take short breaks. But having different goals doesn't make you superior.

>no real argument
>"i'll pound your ass"
good argument

There is absolutely nothing right with resting 90 seconds when the goal I strength.

No, it is actualy a even more refined version of the conventional gym:
>test training is cheap
>membership is yearly subscription
Fatty does test training once, gets a yearly subscribtion and visits the gym 3x maximum.
That is how a normal gym makes money.
Planet fatness adds to that:
>not looking as bad in comparisson to the other people there
>keeping fatties coming to the gym by keeping them fat

They don't actualy want you to come there that often, they just want your money.
And a fatty that goes to the gym about once per month to eat pizza is the ideal custumer.

Post your bod so we'll know whether a dyel is saying this or not