Anyone else completely dropped deadlifts and still made hypertrophy gains?

Anyone else completely dropped deadlifts and still made hypertrophy gains?

I feel like they aren't worth the effort anymore

Attached: 12046685_919851604762205_7516099273222419510_n.jpg (960x960, 111K)

How did you replace them?

iv been thinking of doing this, did you replace them with rack pulls or anything similar? or have you just stopped em completely

Yes, RDLs and rack pulls do their respective jobs much better than deadlifts and in my experience with less back pain.

Im a programmer and i had huge problems with my back from sitting all day. Had rounded shoulders and my lower back hurt like hell. But then i started deadlifting. Now 3 years later i can sit for 24 hours straight and not feel a thing in my back.
I was ready to change career because of the pain. If someone offered me a million dollars to stop deadlifting i would decline. Sure, it might not be the best for aesthetics, but it's probably the most beneficial exercise there is

Attached: dld.png (493x495, 264K)

is that you in the pics or is that just a crush

Don't make my mistake. I dropped deadlifts and assumed they were overrated because I didn't notice any negative effect. What I later found out was that the reason I hadn't noticed any problem was because you can maintain muscle mass on less work than what it takes to build new muscle mass. Also I did 1 set of deadlifts once every 5 days so it wasn't like dropping that was a big deal.

If doesn't have to be a deadlift, but 100% you gotta have some sort of hip hinge movement.

Love midshin rack pulls. Feel so much more natural on my spine

weighted hyper extensions >>> deadlifts

for lower back, yes
the thing with deadlifts is that it works so many other muscles. it truly is the best single exercise there is.
doing DLs and WHEs on resting days is a god tier combo, though

No because I personally find deadlift to be a good mass gainer

Me too. They put a lot of mass on your core very fast so doing them too long will kill your aesthetics unless your lats are huge

deadlifts are fun

For my job I lift about 2000kg off the ground daily over an 8 hour period.

I dont do deadlifts anymore because my lower back cant handle that much strain on a weekly basis

RDLS and pendalay rows are decent replacements

I love doing deadlifts, but I always feel like my calluses and hands get so fucked up after I do them that it impairs my other lifts because my grip gets fucked/it's painful and for that reason I'm thinking of dropping them/limiting them.

If youjuice out of your mind like the guy in the OP, then sure don't worry about it.

If you're not a complete phaggot, however, you should deadlift.

sounds like you're gripping the bar too much with your palm and not enough with your fingers, this will cause the bar to slide down and cause more calluses than necessary. look it up

If your only concern is aesthetics you should be on steroids, so it doesn't matter what you do.

If your natural and never plan on using steroids, then your aesthetic goals are obviously not important to you, you should be deadlifting, no excuses.

Deadlifting is about strength no hypertrophy. Of course you can drop them and make gains.

So much this. My back pain stopped and my posture improved so much.

Have fun with your herniated discs. Back hyperextensions put far more pressure on the posterior disc than deadlifts do.

This Read the Starting Strength chapter on deadlifts, it explains this.

/thread